Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Here is a cheaper and readily available fuel filter/regulator solution for our STS-Vs

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  boomys10 
#1 ·
i havent seen it on any other post so i figured i'd share, had the same issue as everyone else, part store only have the really cheap filter only, threaded end for regular sts'sthat wont work, dealers had me running around saying they had the AC Delco replacement but none actually had it, wanting 110-230 bucks and needed to get shipped from the east coast, i needed one THAT weekend because i was gonna get dyno'd soon after. so i had gathered a bunch of budget build c10 LSX swap stuff in my "watch list" on ebay and realized that i had this very well know fuel filter/regulator off a 99-05 corvette there that looked dead on like the STS-V one that i needed, did a lil research on what rail pressure they run at, size of lines, and its all the same as the STS-V. It has a ground strap on it and a different bracket, that all comes off, that foam under the bracket is glued on really good, once thats off it will slide in the factory plastic bracket.

since its a very common car compared to ours, my local parts store had it, 45 bucks, made by WIX pn# 33737, but if you're not in a rush like i was, u can get them on ebay for even as cheap as 32.50 free shipping like this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121474818692?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

corvette filter/regulator on the left, STS-V on right

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.