: The junkyard is your friend!

FrankieSixxxgun
03-22-06, 09:54 AM
So I went to the junkyard the other day, one of those you pull it places, with my roommate to scrap an exhaust manifold for his Lincoln, and it was like Cadillac Mecca! There were several 80's Fleetwoods sitting there, parts ripe for the taking, so I decided to go back last weekend. Got the chrome headlight trim and sidelamp for the right side of the car that I broke, an uncracked dash panel, a Caddy hood emblem (since it was there, why not?), and some windshield washer parts I needed for less than $40! You couldn't beat that price with a stick.

This yard had a ton of fully complete 307's there too; some with the TBI, some cabureted. There was also one LT1-based FWB, but that thing was stripped like the Indians did the buffalo.

N0DIH
03-22-06, 12:29 PM
These type yards are getting more and more difficult to find. Milk them while you can. The good one I had here has converted all the land back to farmland and now only strips, crushes and it goes away ASAP. He won't keep much on hand unless he can make a buck on it ASAP.

TBI 307??? Not factory! Get it if it is!! wiring harness and ECM for sure.

I had a 307 intake that looked like they had some thoughts of locations for Port EFI injectors, but the bosses weren't cast, but the positions were cast marked. Not sure what they really were for. I took pictures. Others with same intake did not have these cast in locations. It was an oddball.

Destroyer
03-22-06, 12:29 PM
So I went to the junkyard the other day, one of those you pull it places, with my roommate to scrap an exhaust manifold for his Lincoln, and it was like Cadillac Mecca! There were several 80's Fleetwoods sitting there, parts ripe for the taking, so I decided to go back last weekend. Got the chrome headlight trim and sidelamp for the right side of the car that I broke, an uncracked dash panel, a Caddy hood emblem (since it was there, why not?), and some windshield washer parts I needed for less than $40! You couldn't beat that price with a stick.

This yard had a ton of fully complete 307's there too; some with the TBI, some cabureted. There was also one LT1-based FWB, but that thing was stripped like the Indians did the buffalo.The one off Ulmerton right?. I used to go there all the time and you are right, 80's Cadillacs are everywhere. Prices cant be beat either.

FrankieSixxxgun
03-22-06, 12:35 PM
I assumed it was TBI. Had some TBI looking thing on it and a MPG computer in the dash. Could I strip that MPG computer out of the dash and plug it into my car? That'd be sweet.

Yeah, Ulmerton and 40th I think. It's still back there. $2 to get in and they have a few Broughams and Devilles in there right now.

Bro-Ham
03-22-06, 02:42 PM
I assumed it was TBI. Had some TBI looking thing on it and a MPG computer in the dash. Could I strip that MPG computer out of the dash and plug it into my car? That'd be sweet.

Yeah, Ulmerton and 40th I think. It's still back there. $2 to get in and they have a few Broughams and Devilles in there right now.

Wow! Sounds like an excellent place! I would guess the car you found with the injection and MPG computer had the HT4100 engine. Broughams with 307 did not have the MPG computer, only cars with HT4100 (1982-1985) and the 6.0 368 V8-6-4 (1981). I believe Dope* had attempted recently to get the MPG computer to work with the 307 in his 1989 Brougham so you may want to check to see if it can be done.

Dave

Destroyer
03-22-06, 03:59 PM
Its $2 now!!!!. Damn, used to only be a buck.

Jonas McFeely
03-22-06, 07:35 PM
Dude where is clearwater and what is the place called.I need a few parts bad and the one around here sucks ass.Its called LKQ and there was like 1 Brougham there and i think its gone now.

davesdeville
03-23-06, 05:10 AM
On the other hand, the junkyards here suck major ass. I can't for the life of me find a bumper cover for my ETC, much less anything for an older car. I have to make a road trip to Phoenix for the damn bumper cover... Boo ABQ junkyards.

FrankieSixxxgun
03-23-06, 10:43 AM
Dude where is clearwater and what is the place called.I need a few parts bad and the one around here sucks ass.Its called LKQ and there was like 1 Brougham there and i think its gone now.
Clearwater is outside of Tampa. What parts are you looking for?

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 02:44 PM
Clearwater is outside of Tampa. What parts are you looking for?

Right headlight assembly,like the trim and turn signal lights,all of that.Front bumper and rear bumper and tail light assembly.The 88' Brougham i bought,i had been in an accident and the front bumper i thought was good actually wasnt,and the rear is flaking,so i bought it and its pretty much useless.thats what i get for being too eager.