: Paint!

metalhead212
03-22-06, 10:06 AM
So on friday my girlfriend and I were at the store buying some paint for the house we are planning on buying. We bought around 18 cans of paint because they were having one hell of a sale. Well anyway for the last few months I have been on her about not cleaning out the car when she is done with work. She is a vendor for the Meijer stores in our area and everyday she loads the back of the car with all kinds of random things that you would not even think about. Well in this particular day she had been putting up the little hangers that clip into the shelfs that hold up all the things like the Action figures and stuff like that. Needless to say she is a very lazy, very immature girl and left all of her work stuff in the back of the car. Even in an Escalade there is only so much room, so after we had gone through the trouble of buying all the paint and getting it to the car I am looking at her like...what the shit am I supposed to do with 18 cans of paint and an already fully loaded car? So, ever so carefully I put as many cans as I can safely fit in the back and a few in the middle section of the car. Now due to space reasons I had to put two or three on top of a couple other cans in the back. When we got in the car I said "take it easy on the turns and don't stop to suddenly", she said whatever and rolled her eyes. Again I said "just take it easy". So on our way to the second store, not five min after I warn her, what does she do? She tries to beat a light, but decideds to hit the brakes instead, so she speeds up real quick and then jams on the brakes and causes all the paint in the back to topple over. I didn't panic, because from the front it looked like all the cans were still up. I gave her the death look, but we kept going. When we got to the store I opened up the back just to calm that little voice in the back of my head that was goin "OH SHI!! she just ****ed your shit up good". When I opened that door, god damn was that little voice right. One can had fallen off the stack and landed on one of those F'ING metal things for the racks at the store and punctured a hole in the can, or so at the time that is what it looked like. By the time I got to it the entire can had emptied into the back of the car. I, like a feverish madman, started chucking all her vendor stuff out of the back of the car while trying to not get paint all over. Eventually I got everything out and started taking the paint cans out. That is when I saw a glimer of hope. Some how, some way, some of the plastic lining in the boxes had made its way to the floor and was pinned under where the can had fallen so about 98% of the pain had pooled into that plastic lining, but looked as though the brim was about to topple. So ever so gently I started to slide, slide, slide the paint out. Just slideing the bag out of the back of the car about 2 feet took almost ten min. While I was doing this, what was my girlfriend doing? NOT A THING. She just stood there insisting that this "wasn't her fault". Finally i got that big thing of paint out of the back and chucked it down into the parking lot. I wouldn't have done it if any cars were around but since it was damn near time for the store to close anyway the parking lot was empty and I didn't have to worry about splashing paint all over the other cars. So with everything out of the car I took off my jacket and started wipeing the exterior down with it because I knew any paint on the inside wasn't going to come off just by rubbing it. I finally got all the paint of the back bumper, placed another piece of plastic over the only two spots on the carpet that got hit with paint which were about 1.5-2 inches in diamater each and loaded all the boxes and shit back into the car. Back to the store we go, but before I realized what I was doing I walked through a huge puddle of paint and jumped into the car. I sat down and realized what I did, screamed a few more profanities and got back out. This time I took off my shirt and started wipeing up the floor and the pedals with my brand new shirt. Finally got all the paint of.. or at least as much as I could see and threw my shirt in the back of the car with my paint covered shoes and my jacket. We finally made it back to the store and I had calmed down a bit and got ahold of a few managers. We took a look at the paint can and what do you know. It wasn't her fault..well it was, but it wasn't. The seal on the bottom of the can was bad, and because we had to pile it teamed up with the way she stopped, that caused the seal to pop and paint to leak every where. Well I talked to the store and the handed me some mineral spirits...freaking mineral spirits to take care of the car. I told them that I wanted this problem taken care of fully and appropriately. So now we are in discussion about how to get it fixed. Later that night we go back home and I asked my girlfriend why the cargo liner wasn't being used. She looked at me and said she couldn't find it. For a second I almost believed her when as the garage door went up I looked on the garage floor and saw what....the 100$ floor liner I bought for her so she could haul her stuff without ruining the carpet I had just spent 300$ on getting detailed not six days prior to this incident.

Moral of the story- DON'T EVER LET A WOMAN DRIVE YOUR CADDY!

jrs05caddyext
03-22-06, 10:11 AM
Damn I'll have to read this on my break.

hcvone
03-22-06, 10:36 AM
You would not believe all the people that used to come in our detail shops with paint all over their interior, it happens much more than you would believe. :(

RobertJoseph17
03-22-06, 10:37 AM
That's a sad story. So, what are you planning on doing to get all that paint out now?

brett79
03-22-06, 11:38 AM
Okay, why was she driving it again? Couldn't you have just driven it with all of that paint in there?

slk230mb
03-22-06, 11:48 AM
Wow, I think that was the longest post to say some paint spilled.

metalhead212
03-22-06, 12:22 PM
Okay, why was she driving it again? Couldn't you have just driven it with all of that paint in there?

She jumped in the car as I was loading it up. It was cold as shit outside. Gotta love Indiana Winters.

As far as getting the paint out. I got in contact with Meijer and asked what could be done. So, I am taking it to an interior shop to get it looked at. Meijer covers up to about 100$ after that it is an issue with the paint manufacturer.

Steelhead Jess
03-22-06, 02:03 PM
yep, sounds like you definately need a new girlfriend

slimm44
03-22-06, 03:27 PM
that are why didn't you check to see if there was anything in the back before going to pick up a huge load of paint?

Black Beauty 03 ESV
03-22-06, 04:40 PM
I hope you get your caddy clean

senility
03-22-06, 09:44 PM
Now that was entertaining (Hey Moe, hey Larry!) . . .

Falkolade
03-22-06, 09:56 PM
trade her in for a newer model... the girl that is not the truck

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-22-06, 11:24 PM
Nice novel. Good luck with the paint removal. It makes me feel good when I know my girlfriend has a passion for cars and appreciates them as much as I do.

Thanks.

Rolex
03-22-06, 11:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/cliffnotes.jpg

:p

integline
03-23-06, 03:00 AM
hope she ****** ** good that night. thats all im going to say!!! **************

Edited for content, sorry. hcvone

senility
03-23-06, 11:17 AM
When I first read this, I was thinking what a dumba$$ she is. Then I thought, "she's not the dumba$$..."

metalhead212
03-23-06, 01:42 PM
Well it is on its way to being cleaned right now. Just to clear some things up this is how it went. She came home from work since she usually drives the car due to its spacious interior and the sheer ammount of boxes she has to haul to work everyday. I didn't know why we were going to the store in the first place. She likes to tell me one thing then do another because she knows I will protest spending so much money on stupid stuff. So she told me we were going to dinner. The day before it was spotless on the inside because I had just cleaned it so I didn't think to look for a ton of bullshit hanging out in the back. When I opened the door to put the paint away I first saw the mess. As I was putting the paint away I told her to jump in and start the car. Leather can get mighty cold when its only 20 - 30 degrees outside. She jumped in the drivers side and started it up. Since she was already in there, and I was seriously cold as hell I just jumped in the passanger side.

No she did not give it up that night.

Yes she is quite disrespectful to our vehicles.

I already tried trading her in. They wouldn't take her due to too many miles.

Digital Vidiot
03-23-06, 05:55 PM
Metalhead, sorry to hear about the paint fiasco, though I will tell you that your story had me laughing, and I am not that easy a person to make laugh......at least not the way I was laughing. I hope you WERE shooting for at least a little entermainent value with your story, because the way you told it was hilarious. :devilheh:

metalhead212
03-24-06, 09:25 AM
Just a bit ;););)