: If consumer report rated countries.

DGUT
03-21-06, 09:57 PM
What would be the best and the worst. I think singipore would be at the top of the list & the USA would be dead last. What do you think?:eek:

Ur7x
03-21-06, 10:10 PM
I've been to Singapore...
Nice place... great transit system.. But I sure wouldn't want to live there...

91TexasSeville
03-22-06, 03:22 AM
I've been to Singapore...
Nice place... great transit system.. But I sure wouldn't want to live there...

My sister and brother-in-law lived there (Singapore) for ten years and yes I visited them on occasion. They called it the rock (for a reason). I agree, it is very attractive when looking out the window from a highrise, much less attractive in the back streets. Much of the same could be said from looking out the window of Trump Tower in New York, or slinking down a street in Harlem.

Home is where you "feel" comfortable and know you are safe, wherever that may be.

davesdeville
03-22-06, 04:54 AM
Well, DUH. Singapore is MUCH more reliable than the USA.

91TexasSeville
03-22-06, 05:58 AM
Well, DUH. Singapore is MUCH more reliable than the USA.

Really? How MUCH more reliable is Singapore than the United States?

urbanski
03-22-06, 07:06 AM
What do you think?:eek:
i think this belongs in teh Lounge
and even then....may get a bit too political and won't last long

Jesda
03-22-06, 07:22 AM
Canada would be a Catera.

SpeedyArizona
03-22-06, 07:34 AM
I don't believe Singapore is a country...

I'd say that Germany would be first and the US would be in dead last right after North Korea.

JoCan
03-22-06, 08:12 AM
If you feel that way, Why do you choose to live in the U.S.A.? :hmm:

EcSTSatic
03-22-06, 09:51 AM

I knew that was coming! I agree, if it's so bad then why stay? All it takes is an airline ticket right?
I was born in Germany. I have lived and served in a few countries. For now I still believe that the U.S. is number one regardless of it's flaws.

Semper Fi :thumbsup:

CIWS
03-22-06, 10:29 AM
Wouldn't it depend upon the critera in which one is rating the country(s) ?
After all If I was rating Singapore on the quality of the Western style Barbeque, they would probably finish well behind the U.S.
However if I was rating the legal justice system, I might give some high marks for the judicial caning that they have there vs our "Boot camps" :D

OffThaHorseCEO
03-22-06, 02:30 PM
watever, even if the USA isnt first, its definitely not dead last, consider some of the 3rd world countries, which werent excluded in the original post, would you rather live there than here, or how bout dictatorships or somethin, there are lots of countries that are way worse off than we are.

and if you think its so bad then do something about it, sure, one person tryin to make a change isnt extremely effective, but one person sittin behind a computer talkin about how bad something is is even less effective, if at all.

i for one love this country. a country where i can practice whichever religion i choose to, or where i can practice no religion at all if i feel like. a country where i can help change something if i dont like it, a country where we arent killed or jailed for callin "Dubya" an idiot (i dont think hes an idiot btw)

OffThaHorseCEO
03-22-06, 02:32 PM
plus how many of us would still have cadillacs if we werent in the usa or canada? :)

HotRodSaint
03-22-06, 06:29 PM
What would be the best and the worst. I think singipore would be at the top of the list & the USA would be dead last. What do you think?:eek:

I think you smoke too much crack. That's what I think. :bouncy:

Go to Laos, spend a year working there and see if you can score some crack, toilet paper or chewing gum on your salary. :tisk:

Crackheads...

HotRodSaint
03-22-06, 06:31 PM
I'd say that Germany would be first and the US would be in dead last right after North Korea.

I'd ask your school for a refund, they seem to have failed you.

HotRodSaint
03-22-06, 06:39 PM
I've been to 12 countries in Asia, Europe, South America and Oceana.

Australia is the only country that I have visited, that I'd actually migrate too.

Chile has a climate much like California, but the Tijuana like slums and the rampant kidnapping doesn't place it very high on my list.

SpeedyArizona
03-22-06, 06:39 PM
I'd ask your school for a refund, they seem to have failed you.

I was being sarcastic, it's hard to emphasize that on a forum:). I believe the US is the greatest country in the world, 'nuff said.

HotRodSaint
03-22-06, 06:42 PM
I was being sarcastic, it's hard to emphasize that on a forum:). I believe the US is the greatest country in the world, 'nuff said.

Wew...you had me scared for a second. :suspense:

Two crackheads in one thread would have been two too many!! :hitstick: :hitstick:

Jonas McFeely
03-22-06, 08:00 PM

lol,i love america but this country is really messed up,and i dont have the fiancial means to "go someplace else",plus i dont mind it that much.As many flaws as we have,we're still pretty cool.

Consumer reports:
1 Japan
2 China
3 Taiwan
4 UK
5 Canada
6 Australia
7 France
8 Germany
9 Russia
10 USA

Odin8
03-22-06, 09:20 PM
I don't mind USA not being first, but come on, France rated over the US? Ok now...I like to be a nice guy and all, but I hope you get hit by a dumptruck. Pure-blooded American here...through and through.

I have a feeling Urbanski's prediction was right, haha.

SpeedyArizona
03-22-06, 09:37 PM
Pure-blooded American here...through and through.

...so you're an Indian?

I'm 2/3 German and 1/3 Irish.

Sandy
03-22-06, 09:47 PM
1. USA
2. Canada
3. New Zealand (I like sheep :) )

Odin8
03-22-06, 09:51 PM
No...I'm not an Indian. My ancestry is about 50% Irish, 50% French. I'm not straight off the boat though, so as far as I'm concerned...I'm pure-blooded American.

Caddyshack100
03-22-06, 10:21 PM
GOD BLESS AMERICA, one of the best countries in the world, People in America are truly blessed, generous, decent, friendly, compassionate, I have travelled one end of the states to the other, I have never had a bad experience. America has nothing to apologize for, most other countries are just jealous, without America, all of Europe would be goosestepping, its time European countries started to realize that. Feel proud of your history, support your troops. Although I'm a Canadian, I love Canada, but you can always recognize 'class' when you see it.

Jonas McFeely
03-22-06, 10:29 PM
I don't mind USA not being first, but come on, France rated over the US? Ok now...I like to be a nice guy and all, but I hope you get hit by a dumptruck. Pure-blooded American here...through and through.

I have a feeling Urbanski's prediction was right, haha.

Jesus dude it was a joke that was making fun of Consumer Reports and them being biased toward anything not American.Thanks for hoping i get killed,thats a real nice American Christian way of thinking.Pray for it any maybe it will happen.......keep praying.....

Jonas McFeely
03-22-06, 10:31 PM
GOD BLESS AMERICA, one of the best countries in the world, People in America are truly blessed, generous, decent, friendly, compassionate, I have travelled one end of the states to the other, I have never had a bad experience. America has nothing to apologize for, most other countries are just jealous, without America, all of Europe would be goosestepping, its time European countries started to realize that. Feel proud of your history, support your troops. Although I'm a Canadian, I love Canada, but you can always recognize 'class' when you see it.

Holy crap ive never heard a Canadian say that! Thanks dude,uhhh,yeah

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-22-06, 10:32 PM
I think he was kidding about that. (the France thing)

Anyways, I think too many people take america for granted and just whine about how much it sucks. I say if you hate it so much, then why dont you GET THE HELL OUT!

(thats not directed at anyone on this site, I mean in general)

OffThaHorseCEO
03-23-06, 12:49 AM
actually even the "native americans" aka the indians would not in my opinion be considered american, thatd be like some guy comin onto these forums, redeclaring them the pimpatronic forums and sayin were all pimpatronic forum members, we'd still consider it cadillforums in our minds.

when the europeans "discovered" this continent, it was named after a cartographer named Amerigo Vespucci and named America, the natives didnt know this land as America

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 12:53 AM
actually even the "native americans" aka the indians would not in my opinion be considered american, thatd be like some guy comin onto these forums, redeclaring them the pimpatronic forums and sayin were all pimpatronic forum members, we'd still consider it cadillforums in our minds.

when the europeans "discovered" this continent, it was named after a cartographer named Amerigo Vespucci and named America, the natives didnt know this land as America

Yeah,but we did rape and kill them and steal what was rightfully theirs, soooooo,i think they can call themselves whatever they want...though i dont know if theyd want to....

OffThaHorseCEO
03-23-06, 12:57 AM
im not sayin they CANT call themselves american, if they wanna thats up to them, but like i said, if you were chinese would you wanna be called japanese?

im of mexican descent, im not ashamed and actually proud of it. i wouldnt wanna be called puerto rican cuban honduran etc, because im mexican, the only exception is american because i was born here, so mexican, american, or mexican-american

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 01:01 AM
im not sayin they CANT call themselves american, if they wanna thats up to them, but like i said, if you were chinese would you wanna be called japanese?

im of mexican descent, im not ashamed and actually proud of it. i wouldnt wanna be called puerto rican cuban honduran etc, because im mexican, the only exception is american because i was born here, so mexican, american, or mexican-american

Aha,i see what you were saying now.Good point.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-23-06, 04:32 AM

Hmm.
I love the USA, I love taking trips there whenever I can, I love the friendliness of the American people.

But don't go raising the issue of Euroope would be German without your help. It may have been, it may not. We will never know. And the UK was doing just fine thank you before you turned up. We won the Battle of Britain which was for control of the skies. Had we not been an island then it may have been different but that's an entirely different discussion.

The arrogant atittude that "America saves the world" is what causes Americas problems with other nations. It's one of the very few things that I dislike about Americans. I wish people in the UK were as patriotic as people in the USA but there's a difference between being patriotic and arrogance.

davesdeville
03-23-06, 06:59 AM
Really? How MUCH more reliable is Singapore than the United States?

It is exactly four red dots with a white spot in the middle of each one more reliable than the US.

Elvis
03-23-06, 08:41 AM
You have to remember that Consumer Reports bases their scores on actual surveys of people who own the product.

In that case, North Korea and China would score very high. Saddam's Iraq would have had ratings higher than a Lexus.

The U.S. would probably consistently score dead last.

EcSTSatic
03-23-06, 08:47 AM
...there's a difference between being patriotic and arrogance.

Arrogance is not appreciating help when it is given. There is a difference but you have it backwards. You may have won the battle (of Britain) but the war is another story. Without the Lend-Lease act, Great Britain would not have endured the Nazi onslaught. It would have been a war of attrition that GB could not hope to win.

"Those that do not remember history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana

Really didn't want to get political but that comment begged an answer.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-23-06, 08:52 AM
It is exactly four red dots with a white spot in the middle of each one more reliable than the US.

what does this mean

HotRodSaint
03-23-06, 09:13 AM
The arrogant atittude that "America saves the world" is what causes Americas problems with other nations.

Arrogance is a two way street. Europeans who arrogantly think they were doing ok against the Nazi's is why many Americans don't appreciate Europeans very much.

But we don't need to go back that far in history for European arrogance.

Kosovo was a European issue between Europeans on European soil. But the complete lack of leadership in Europe forced the Americans to fly half way around the world to solve your problem.

Iraq was being sold weapons and technology by the Germans and Fench. Iran is now being sold weapons and technology by the Germans and French. We politley try to be friends with these backstabbers.

We can also look around the world and find many instances where the Europeans should be leading, but they aren't.

How about Africa? The French have more influence in Darfour or Sudan than the USA, but France isn't doing a damn thing to help those people. But we the Americans are the ones who take the blame for not doing anything to help.

We are the good cops and the bad cops all at the sametime. But we are Americans, so we are capable and willing to play that role.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-23-06, 09:37 AM
Arrogance is a two way street. Europeans who arrogantly think they were doing ok against the Nazi's is why many Americans don't appreciate Europeans very much.

But we don't need to go back that far in history for European arrogance.

Kosovo was a European issue between Europeans on European soil. But the complete lack of leadership in Europe forced the Americans to fly half way around the world to solve your problem.

Iraq was being sold weapons and technology by the Germans and Fench. Iran is now being sold weapons and technology by the Germans and French. We politley try to be friends with these backstabbers.

We can also look around the world and find many instances where the Europeans should be leading, but they aren't.

How about Africa? The French have more influence in Darfour or Sudan than the USA, but France isn't doing a damn thing to help those people. But we the Americans are the ones who take the blame for not doing anything to help.

We are the good cops and the bad cops all at the sametime. But we are Americans, so we are capable and willing to play that role.
...also...
i believe it was during the tsunami incident, where all the countries were donating money and USA was criticized for "not giving enough" even though we gave the most and our contribution was something like 3 times what the next closest contribution was

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 03:55 PM
Yeah but if we wernt WASTING billions of dollars every month on what we're wasting it on,we could afford to help those poor people out even more.Along with the poor people on OUR own soil that desperately need our help.We have the finances,theyre just a little tied up right now....

OffThaHorseCEO
03-23-06, 04:46 PM
well, im gonna catch alot of criticism for this, but i think we worry way too much about other countries and not enough about our own, i mean how many countries are receiving US aid? and then think about how many homeless and underpriviledged people are in our own cities. and we still catch criticism from foreign nations, sayin were war hungry demons etc etc, maybe they should support those countries we do, no, theyd be too busy takin them over, massacering (is that a word?) their people and be back in the same situation. bleh

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 04:48 PM
well, im gonna catch alot of criticism for this, but i think we worry way too much about other countries and not enough about our own, i mean how many countries are receiving US aid? and then think about how many homeless and underpriviledged people are in our own cities. and we still catch criticism from foreign nations, sayin were war hungry demons etc etc, maybe they should support those countries we do, no, theyd be too busy takin them over, massacering (is that a word?) their people and be back in the same situation. bleh

I agree with that.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-23-06, 06:22 PM
Europe is grateful for the help it received during the war, and I'm well aware of the details of the assistance received.
What I'm talking about is the "America saved your butts" comment, which is brought up time and time again without reason. America assisted us in the butt saving yes. But trying to put it into any and all conversations is just plain arrogant and to be even more frank, shows ignorance. What triggered it to be brought up in this discussion of Consumer Reports and where to live? Nothing. There was no reason. THAT is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

What's your favourite flavour of ice cream?
I like Vanilla.
Yeah that's good, I like this unusual flavour made in this little store near Buckingham Palace, basically they get some peanuts and they...
Yeah but that store wouldn't be there if we hadn't saved you butts in the war.
Huh?

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 06:27 PM
Europe is grateful for the help it received during the war, and I'm well aware of the details of the assistance received.
What I'm talking about is the "America saved your butts" comment, which is brought up time and time again without reason. America assisted us in the butt saving yes. But trying to put it into any and all conversations is just plain arrogant and to be even more frank, shows ignorance. What triggered it to be brought up in this discussion of Consumer Reports and where to live? Nothing. There was no reason. THAT is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

I like Vanilla.
Yeah that's good, I like this unusual flavour made in this little store near Buckingham Palace, basically they get some peanuts and they...
Huh?

LOL hell yeah

urbanski
03-23-06, 06:44 PM
I like Vanilla.
Huh?

lol you said "flavour" :p ;)

EcSTSatic
03-23-06, 09:51 PM
...the UK was doing just fine thank you before you turned up. ...

I like Vanilla.
Huh?
The first comment is what drove the response. Europe may be grateful but you didn't read that way. Whatever.
I see a point though. It was a World war, had certain events not gone the way they did we could all be wearing swastikas.

Jonas McFeely
03-24-06, 12:43 AM

lol!

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-24-06, 04:17 AM

LMFAO!!!
:thumbsup:

HotRodSaint
03-24-06, 09:16 AM
What triggered it to be brought up in this discussion of Consumer Reports and where to live?

It was the Canadian who brought it up, not an American!!

But that's ok, because Canadians never get any credit for saving your historic ice cream shops!! :bouncy:

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-24-06, 02:09 PM
That's a good point actually.
There were a lot of Canadian pilots in (for example) the Battle of Britain.

But they're still not forgiven for Celine Dion...