Cadillac Owners Forum banner

If consumer report rated countries.

3K views 48 replies 19 participants last post by  hardrockcamaro@mac.c 
#1 ·
What would be the best and the worst. I think singipore would be at the top of the list & the USA would be dead last. What do you think?:eek:

#3 ·
Re: If consumer retort rated countries.

Ur7x said:
I've been to Singapore...
Nice place... great transit system.. But I sure wouldn't want to live there...
My sister and brother-in-law lived there (Singapore) for ten years and yes I visited them on occasion. They called it the rock (for a reason). I agree, it is very attractive when looking out the window from a highrise, much less attractive in the back streets. Much of the same could be said from looking out the window of Trump Tower in New York, or slinking down a street in Harlem.

Home is where you "feel" comfortable and know you are safe, wherever that may be.

#11 ·
Wouldn't it depend upon the critera in which one is rating the country(s) ?
After all If I was rating Singapore on the quality of the Western style Barbeque, they would probably finish well behind the U.S.
However if I was rating the legal justice system, I might give some high marks for the judicial caning that they have there vs our "Boot camps" :D

#12 ·
watever, even if the USA isnt first, its definitely not dead last, consider some of the 3rd world countries, which werent excluded in the original post, would you rather live there than here, or how bout dictatorships or somethin, there are lots of countries that are way worse off than we are.

and if you think its so bad then do something about it, sure, one person tryin to make a change isnt extremely effective, but one person sittin behind a computer talkin about how bad something is is even less effective, if at all.

i for one love this country. a country where i can practice whichever religion i choose to, or where i can practice no religion at all if i feel like. a country where i can help change something if i dont like it, a country where we arent killed or jailed for callin "Dubya" an idiot (i dont think hes an idiot btw)

#14 ·
DGUT said:
What would be the best and the worst. I think singipore would be at the top of the list & the USA would be dead last. What do you think?:eek:
I think you smoke too much crack. That's what I think. :bouncy:

Go to Laos, spend a year working there and see if you can score some crack, toilet paper or chewing gum on your salary. :tisk:

Crackheads...

#16 ·
I've been to 12 countries in Asia, Europe, South America and Oceana.

Australia is the only country that I have visited, that I'd actually migrate too.

Chile has a climate much like California, but the Tijuana like slums and the rampant kidnapping doesn't place it very high on my list.

#18 ·
SpeedyArizona said:
I was being sarcastic, it's hard to emphasize that on a forum:). I believe the US is the greatest country in the world, 'nuff said.
Wew...you had me scared for a second. :suspense:

Two crackheads in one thread would have been two too many!! :hitstick: :hitstick:

#19 ·
JoCan said:
If you feel that way, Why do you choose to live in the U.S.A.? :hmm:
lol,i love america but this country is really messed up,and i dont have the fiancial means to "go someplace else",plus i dont mind it that much.As many flaws as we have,we're still pretty cool.

Consumer reports:
1 Japan
2 China
3 Taiwan
4 UK
5 Canada
6 Australia
7 France
8 Germany
9 Russia
10 USA

#20 ·
I don't mind USA not being first, but come on, France rated over the US? Ok now...I like to be a nice guy and all, but I hope you get hit by a dumptruck. Pure-blooded American here...through and through.

I have a feeling Urbanski's prediction was right, haha.

#24 ·
GOD BLESS AMERICA, one of the best countries in the world, People in America are truly blessed, generous, decent, friendly, compassionate, I have travelled one end of the states to the other, I have never had a bad experience. America has nothing to apologize for, most other countries are just jealous, without America, all of Europe would be goosestepping, its time European countries started to realize that. Feel proud of your history, support your troops. Although I'm a Canadian, I love Canada, but you can always recognize 'class' when you see it.

#25 ·
Odin8 said:
I don't mind USA not being first, but come on, France rated over the US? Ok now...I like to be a nice guy and all, but I hope you get hit by a dumptruck. Pure-blooded American here...through and through.

I have a feeling Urbanski's prediction was right, haha.
Jesus dude it was a joke that was making fun of Consumer Reports and them being biased toward anything not American.Thanks for hoping i get killed,thats a real nice American Christian way of thinking.Pray for it any maybe it will happen.......keep praying.....

#26 ·
Caddyshack100 said:
GOD BLESS AMERICA, one of the best countries in the world, People in America are truly blessed, generous, decent, friendly, compassionate, I have travelled one end of the states to the other, I have never had a bad experience. America has nothing to apologize for, most other countries are just jealous, without America, all of Europe would be goosestepping, its time European countries started to realize that. Feel proud of your history, support your troops. Although I'm a Canadian, I love Canada, but you can always recognize 'class' when you see it.
Holy crap ive never heard a Canadian say that! Thanks dude,uhhh,yeah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.