: I'm getting a 06 in the morning!

blown black caddy
03-21-06, 09:44 PM
I'm selling what's left of my 2002 Escalade (theft recovery) tomorrow and getting a black on black 2006 CTS-V finally! Looked at the STS-V but it's too steep for me right now. Oh goody now I can really relate to what you all have posted in the past both good and bad, LOL! Yes, I did test drive it that was the first mistake. :bigroll:

GT04CTS-V
03-21-06, 09:47 PM
Congrats :bouncy:

Mods ahoy!

GT

CIWS
03-21-06, 09:52 PM
Oh goody now I can really relate to what you all have posted in the past both good and bad, LOL! Yes, I did test drive it that was the first mistake. :bigroll:

Congrats dude. I made the same mistake and took the V for a test drive. After that it was all over with except deciding on when I would pull the trigger. :D

:welcome:

roadracerx72
03-21-06, 10:10 PM
Yes...the dreaded test drive. I test drove the 04 and 6 months later after going thru several sleepless nights and cold sweats, bought the 05.

DILLIGAF
03-21-06, 10:14 PM
I'm selling what's left of my 2002 Escalade (theft recovery) tomorrow and getting a black on black 2006 CTS-V finally! Looked at the STS-V but it's too steep for me right now. Oh goody now I can really relate to what you all have posted in the past both good and bad, LOL! Yes, I did test drive it that was the first mistake. :bigroll::welcome: Theft Recovery=bummer

heavymetals
03-21-06, 10:16 PM
Welcome!

Let us know how long you hold out from doing your first mod. :stirpot:

ahahnu
03-21-06, 10:34 PM
Heavy is always stirring the pot. Welcome to the V.

Dick's06Vee
03-22-06, 05:37 AM
Congrats! You're going to love it! I sure love mine. I find myself dreaming up excuses to drive the darn thing! Welcome to the world of 4-dr Corvette ownership.

Kadonny
03-22-06, 08:12 AM
I have a perpetual boner when driving the car.

Get an exhaust on it. The car sounds sooooo much better, not even necessarily louder, just better.

Congrats and enjoy. I am in the first week of ownership of my 06.

urbanski
03-22-06, 08:29 AM
one of your first mods can be a StealthV tune which has an adjustable switch-toggled RPM limiter.
Hide a switch good, set the limiter to idle speed and 0 MPH, and enable it everytime you park. No theif could drive it away then.

blown black caddy
03-22-06, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the tip on the stealth tune. I guess I need it considering they drove my Escalade away easily! :mad: I'll try the search feature to start learning more. Yes it does need an exhaust!