: Saved!

DopeStar 156
03-21-06, 07:35 PM
Has anyone seen the movie Saved! with Jena Malone, Mandy Moore, and Macaulay Culkin? It's one of my favorite movies. It's a comedy about a Christian Baptist high school and a group of girls who are like the popular squad. It's soooooo funny. My favorite is the Jewish devil girl (depicted on the far right) in this movie who walks around doing the kind of shit I would do. Mandy Moore's character is the bleeding heart die hard christian girl who tries to go around saving everyone. It's a really great movie and it doesn't offend as you think it might. For the religous, for the nonreligous go see it! It's a couple years old so it's out on DVD now.
Movie Overview (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0332375/)

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/filmes/saved/saved-poster01.jpg

Jesda
03-21-06, 07:41 PM
Hah! I have that on my hard drive. I'm madly in love with Mandy Moore. I named my two Q45s Mandy I and Mandy II.

DopeStar 156
03-21-06, 07:49 PM
I'm really attracted to the jewish bad girl. She drives a killer lookin' purple AMC Javelin.

slk230mb
03-21-06, 07:51 PM
I've been wanting to see this movie forever, I keep hearing good things about it. One of these days I'll rent it.

CoupeDevilleRob
03-21-06, 08:38 PM
I've been wanting to see that movie for a long time too. I've always had a thing for Jenna Malone.

My all time favorite movie about high school is Heaven Help Us. It was made in the 80's and is about an all boys Catholic high school in Brooklyn in the 60's. I think Andrew McCarthy and the less successful brother of Matt Dillion were in it. It's the only high school movie I can totally relate to. If you went to an all dude Catholic high school (like I did) you'll totally get it.

davesdeville
03-22-06, 05:04 AM
Maybe I'll rent it. I remember when it came out I said I was going to see it at the dollar theater, it never went or I didn't make it there.

My favorite high school movie was Mean Girls. I dunno if I should even admit that but there you have it.

FSU_Noles
03-22-06, 07:01 AM
DOGMA is my all time favorite religious satire movie... very funny, very well written and how can you go wrong with Jay and Silent Bob, Chris Rock, Jason Lee, et al??

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/20/49/70m.jpg

gdwriter
03-22-06, 11:47 AM
I'm really attracted to the jewish bad girl. She drives a killer lookin' purple AMC Javelin.

In real life, she's Susan Sarandon's daughter. Very strong resemblence around the eyes.

I grew up Southern Baptist (Lutheran now, thank God), so I'm pretty familiar with this kind of environment. I thought the movie was a riot, not at all offensive.

My favorite part was Hillary Faye's attempted exorcism:

Hillary Faye (throwing her Bible at Mary): "I'm FULL of Christ's love!"
Mary (picking up the Bible): "This is not a weapon, you idiot."

Definitely worth watching.

DopeStar 156
03-22-06, 12:02 PM
In real life, she's Susan Sarandon's daughter. Very strong resemblence around the eyes.

I grew up Southern Baptist (Lutheran now, thank God), so I'm pretty familiar with this kind of environment. I thought the movie was a riot, not at all offensive.

My favorite part was Hillary Faye's attempted exorcism:

Hillary Faye (throwing her Bible at Mary): "I'm FULL of Christ's love!"
Mary (picking up the Bible): "This is not a weapon, you idiot."

Definitely worth watching.

LOL!!!! I love that part!!! Hahahaha!!!

LittleB
03-22-06, 12:16 PM
It was OK....nothing special really but it made me laugh.

CIWS
03-22-06, 12:31 PM
DOGMA is my all time favorite religious satire movie... very funny, very well written and how can you go wrong with Jay and Silent Bob, Chris Rock, Jason Lee, et al??

Yeah Dogma kicked azz !

I haven't seen Saved yet, but it sounds like it's one worthy of sticking in the Netflix list to get sent to me. :)