: Spare tire idea

TTJR-CTS-V
03-21-06, 06:45 PM
Had a wheel problem last week, one of the valve stems broke when attempting to add some air, anyway my dealer had to put a new sensor in the wheel and by accident messed up my wheel. They bought me a new one and now I have an extra wheel! I also still have two good F1 tires in my garage, thinking about making a spare tire but will it fit in the well in the trunk?

DILLIGAF
03-21-06, 06:49 PM
Yes,Yes and yes.Instructions in faq
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/index.html

TTJR-CTS-V
03-21-06, 06:58 PM
Thanks!!! I knew I could find a use for my run craps!:thumbsup:

ZMAN III
03-21-06, 07:11 PM
I actually followed the faq to the "T". Cost me about $90 for the container, jack, handle, etc... from gmpartsdirect. I also bought a full size spare from Detroit Wheels. It all fits perfectly once you get rid of the plastic bucket.

lars464
03-21-06, 07:56 PM
When I purchased my used V, the dealer included a full size spare in the deal. I printed out the FAQ information and gave it to the parts dept. for ordering information. It worked perfect! Fits in real good. The tire cover sticks out just a wee bit from the trunk trim. But it's very liveable.

DILLIGAF
03-21-06, 08:15 PM
I just did this last weekend myself.Instructions are perfect.I sound deadened the entire trunk with raammat.My spare tire cover is flush now with the rest of the trunk.