: Should I take dealer wheels?

TheCaddyKidd
03-21-06, 05:21 PM
I was checking out some wheels to throw on the EXT and I was looking at the foose spank 6's an found that i could get them at the local shop for like 3500-4000.. then i was at my dealer and they ahve the vogue's that are the exact same as the foose spank 6's and they are asking 3500 plus tax.. you think its better to go with the dealer or go aftermarket..

Synergetic
03-21-06, 05:26 PM
What size? That makes a big difference. Also makes a big difference if it comes with tires or not.

TheCaddyKidd
03-21-06, 05:34 PM
well they are both 22's... however recently i was looking and found that i could get the rims below at relatively the same cost depending on the tires i choose.. below rims are 24's.. can the escalade handle 24's safely without rubbing on a 305/35/24 tire? i live in jersey which is pothole central.. jsut wanna make sure that ill be alright ridding on the wheels and another issue is my ext has the navigation.. will the tire pressure system be problem? thanks for any info.

Spittin Game
The only nice thing about going thru the dealer on vogue is that you get a 3 year warranty on them.

TheCaddyKidd
here are the pics..

Spittin Game
03-21-06, 05:36 PM
those arent vogue, those are echelon rolexx.

TheCaddyKidd
03-21-06, 05:36 PM
also the tires are the Kumho ECSTAstx tires.. are these good tires?

TheCaddyKidd
03-21-06, 05:37 PM
those arent vogue, those are echelon rolexx.

i know.. the Echolon's are the ones i am thinking of getting other than the vogues.. the vogues v-6 wheels in 22 are like 3600 plus tax.. the Exhono are like 3600 off of superbuytires and are 24's..

Spittin Game
03-21-06, 05:41 PM
you can go to ebay and get the echelon for like $2,000 shipped, and some Hankook tires for like $1300 shipped, in 24".

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-21-06, 05:46 PM
The only nice thing about going thru the dealer on vogue is that you get a 3 year warranty on them.

Incorrect. I bought my rims from the dealership and I have a lifetime warranty on them. It is not a 3 year warranty. Unfortunately, I paid way too much for these rims I have. I paid about double what they were worth and I seriously regret it. The stealership really hit me hard.

Thanks.

Spittin Game
03-21-06, 05:48 PM
Incorrect. I bought my rims from the dealership and I have a lifetime warranty on them. It is not a 3 year warranty. Unfortunately, I paid way too much for these rims I have. I paid about double what they were worth and I seriously regret it. The stealership really hit me hard.

Thanks.

You have a lifetime warrranty on the structual. 3 year on chrome.

TheCaddyKidd
03-21-06, 05:51 PM
what will i have to do with the navigation tire pressure monitor system when i add the 24's.. is this something i can do or will the dealership do it.. or will i have a message pop up everytime i start my truck? thanks

Synergetic
03-21-06, 06:09 PM
Yeah, for 22's, that price is rediculous. I'll sell you my 24's w/tires for half that. Just so you get an idea of what you should be paying.

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-21-06, 06:22 PM
what will i have to do with the navigation tire pressure monitor system when i add the 24's.. is this something i can do or will the dealership do it.. or will i have a message pop up everytime i start my truck? thanks

Who is going to be changing the wheels? Most shops will be able to put the tire pressure monitors on the new wheels. If the shop can't then I am sure the dealership can.

Thanks.

You have a lifetime warrranty on the structual. 3 year on chrome.

Incorrect. I have a lifetime warranty on both the chrome as well as the structual. If at anytime the rims start to pitt, the dealership will replace the wheel for free. I had a long conversation with my local dealership about the warranty because I did not know too much about Vogue before I owned my rims and I was worried. They specified to me that Cadillac had a deal with Vogue and Cadillac is able to have a lifetime warranty deal. I made sure that I had a lifetime warranty on the wheels or else I was not buying them.

Thanks.

Spittin Game
03-21-06, 10:21 PM
Who is going to be changing the wheels? Most shops will be able to put the tire pressure monitors on the new wheels. If the shop can't then I am sure the dealership can.

Thanks.

Incorrect. I have a lifetime warranty on both the chrome as well as the structual. If at anytime the rims start to pitt, the dealership will replace the wheel for free. I had a long conversation with my local dealership about the warranty because I did not know too much about Vogue before I owned my rims and I was worried. They specified to me that Cadillac had a deal with Vogue and Cadillac is able to have a lifetime warranty deal. I made sure that I had a lifetime warranty on the wheels or else I was not buying them.

Thanks.

you might wanna call vogue direct and talk to them. My dealership tried to sell me some and said it was a 3 year on the chrome. Ive NEVER heard of a lifetime chrome warranty, chrome will pitt or peel sometime in its life whether its 5 years or 50 years down the road. But if thats true, then the money you paid extra was worth it.

jrs05caddyext
03-22-06, 08:56 AM

There shouldn’t be a problem for a shop/dealership to install the valve stems. I had the chance but I really don’t mind getting that tire monitor light at start up.

TheCaddyKidd
03-22-06, 03:25 PM
well i just got off the phone with superbuytires.. they said they can do 3500 shipped with tires for the 24inch Echelon rims.. i assume this is a better deal than going with caddy's 22's for 3600plus tax...

Spittin Game
03-22-06, 04:05 PM
For $3500 shipped, mounted balanced and ready to go, I would say thats a pretty good deal.

NOCLRNCE
03-22-06, 08:36 PM
When I worked at my local dealer, the best thing about getting wheels from the dealer was the warranty. On Chevrolet the warranty was 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. The local shops around here say once its out the door its not their problem.