: What crap do you have in your car?

mccombie_5
03-21-06, 05:37 PM
What ranodm useless or there for uknown reasons crap have you got in your car?

In my Dad's passenger compartment I found:

1 Can of Coca Cola
2 Empty Coca Cola cans
3 Packets of cigarettes
5 Empty Cigarette packets
2 Bags of Boiled Sweets
1 Packet of Cheap Cigars
1 The Beautiful South CD
1 Green Day CD
1 The Beatles CD
(We haven't got a CD player in the car)
1 Set of Ford Courier Keys
1 Work Diesel Pump Key
1 Set of work "semi" Keys
2 1 coins
1 Lighter

In the trunk I found:

1 blanket
1 pillow
1 duvet
1 sleeping bag
1 pair of boots
1 roll of brown paper
1 crate of beer

Most of it has been there for months!!

What do you have?

turbojimmy
03-21-06, 05:55 PM
Car clutter is a pet peeve of mine. I don't have anything in there that doesn't perform some sort of automotive-related function (sort of). At the moment I have:

In the glovebox:
- aftermarket 6 disc changer
- owners manual and service schedule
- Garmin nav unit and mounting cup

In the console:
- shades
- EZ Pass
- pen-sized digital camera (you never know when you're going to spot something weird)
- cell phone charger
- 'new car smell' air freshener
- flash light
- hands-free thingy for the cell phone
- numerous CDs
........o Metallica Ride the Lightning
........o Metallica Garage Inc.
........o Jet - Get Born
........o 3 custom mixes
- a pen

In the trunk:
- umbrella
- snow/ice scraper thing
- 2 bungee cords (one blue, one yellow)

Lodged in random crevices in the driver's seat (falls out of my pocket into places I can't reach): about 51 cents

Jim

Elvis
03-21-06, 05:59 PM
My cars are usually uncluttered. The only really useless thing I have in there is a fishing rod. It breaks down small enough to fit with the jack under the floor behind the third row seat. It's nice to know I can cast any time I want to.

slk230mb
03-21-06, 05:59 PM
In my glove compartment:

my owners manual
my insurance info
my car cell phone charger
the bag to put EZ-Pass in if you don't want to use it
the earpiece for my last cellphone
a small maglite

In my center console:

my Sirius tuner and associated wires
my sunglasses
some cds
pen & pencil
small day planner - 2005
various recepits from gas stations
thingy to cut seat belts and break window glass in case of emergency

Under my middle row of seats:

both of my cd binders, both full
in a bag, my jumper cables and wheel lock key and extra lug nuts

In the back cargo net:

tire shine
chrome polish
ice scraper/brush

In the small storage area over the wheel well:

bunjee cords and flashlight

....I guess you could call some of it crap...

Edit - I'm with turbojimmy here, it all has an automotive related purpose.

mccombie_5
03-21-06, 06:00 PM
I dont think it looks great to have shizzle all over the place, but unfortunately dad's car is a work/family/everything car. You should see the inside of the Trooper!

I didn't check in the glovebox, this was just stuff that was generall lying around

Ice scraper, de-icer, service schedule, manual etc would usually be int he glovebox though.

ETA:

Also, I didn't look in the wheel well, or the compartment between the wheel and the back of the car, automotive stuff usually found under there though.

OffThaHorseCEO
03-21-06, 06:07 PM
Ice scraper, de-icer, service schedule, manual etc would usually be int he glovebox though.

other than that i have a putty knife in the foot area of the passenger side,dont even knmow why and i always forget to take it out, i also have a pair of safety glasses rollin around in the back foot area

mccombie_5
03-21-06, 06:09 PM
other than that i have a putty knife in the foot area of the passenger side,dont even knmow why and i always forget to take it out, i also have a pair of safety glasses rollin around in the back foot area

Thats pretty random!

OffThaHorseCEO
03-21-06, 06:13 PM
Thats pretty random!

yea i work in an insurance office, why the hell do i have safety glasses in my back seat?

the putty knife...i will admit sloppiness here, i lost my door panel removal tool so i used the putty knife pull off the door panel when i replaced my window regulator

and i meant to say, dont even know why BUT i always forget...

mccombie_5
03-21-06, 06:17 PM
yea i work in an insurance office, why the hell do i have safety glasses in my back seat?

the putty knife...i will admit sloppiness here, i lost my door panel removal tool so i used the putty knife pull off the door panel when i replaced my window regulator

and i meant to say, dont even know why BUT i always forget...

Some irate customers??

I opened my dad's car trunk once to find a kitchen sink. I just closed the lid and threw my bag on the back seat not even asking why it was there, I was so used to random shizzle in there.

turbojimmy
03-21-06, 06:17 PM
I dont think it looks great to have shizzle all over the place, but unfortunately dad's car is a work/family/everything car. You should see the inside of the Trooper!

I know - you should see inside our van. If I had to list the contents I'd be here all night. I don't drive it. When I need to drive it I have to spend at least 30 minutes decontaminating it. It gives me fits just to think about it. My wife claims they're all 'necessities' but I fail to see what function 100 little goldfish crackers all over the floor serves.

Jim

OffThaHorseCEO
03-21-06, 06:19 PM
I know - you should see inside our van. If I had to list the contents I'd be here all night. I don't drive it. When I need to drive it I have to spend at least 30 minutes decontaminating it. It gives me fits just to think about it. My wife claims they're all 'necessities' but I fail to see what function 100 little goldfish crackers all over the floor serves.

Jim

quick snacks?

mccombie_5
03-21-06, 06:28 PM

Jim

My dad's wife drives the Trooper, its a commercial version so it only has two seats in the front and a load bay at the back, my dad's wife has four horses that she tends to daily with the Trooper, so as you can imagine its a mess, saddle, boxes of steamin' horse shit, all that random crap, and then the front is unrecognizable.

She has a box of rice crispies that have been there since July 2005.

turbojimmy
03-21-06, 06:39 PM
quick snacks?

Hell no. In my family we adhere strictly to the 3-second rule. That stuff has been on that floor for a long time.

Jim

turbojimmy
03-21-06, 06:42 PM
the putty knife...i will admit sloppiness here

That's kind of sloppy I guess. Really sloppy is whoever left the box cutter under the carpet in my Caddy. I don't know why it was there, but I found it when I restored it. It had to be from the factory - I doubt the car had ever been that far apart.

Jim

OffThaHorseCEO
03-21-06, 06:44 PM
3 seconds damn thats no fair to anyone, we go by the 5 second rule and it goes like this:
;;drop;;
"5 second rule!
10 second rule!"
and so on until it gets picked up

of course that would be on clean solid surfaces or car interiors

gdwriter
03-21-06, 06:48 PM
I hate a cluttered car. My ex-wife subscribed to the Rhoda Morganstern theory that a car was a big purse on wheels. I try to keep the inside clean. The only loose thing is a chew bone in the back seat for Hoover.

Glovebox: owner's manual (found one on eBay; it's proven useful), insurance/registration, cell phone charger, spare fuses, can cooler, small Maglight (I quit buying cheap flashlights that never work).

Armrest console: garage door opener, mailbox key, cell phone earpiece, tire pressure guage, pen, post-it pad, first aid pouch, mints.

Seatback pockets: Thomas Guide Pacific Northwest road atlas, Oregon, Portland and other assorted maps, 12-volt adapter with regular house plug (for using my laptop on the road; assuming I'm a passenger).

Trunk: Small box with two quarts of Valvoline Max Life 10W-30, Marvel Mystery Oil, ATF, funnels, roll of paper towels. Blanket for use in the back seat when Hoover goes for a ride.

mccombie_5
03-21-06, 06:52 PM
That's kind of sloppy I guess. Really sloppy is whoever left the box cutter under the carpet in my Caddy. I don't know why it was there, but I found it when I restored it. It had to be from the factory - I doubt the car had ever been that far apart.

Jim

That is pretty bad. My dad found a screwdriver with "Jaguar" stamped into it wedged in the gap between the rear seat cushion and rear seat back on our XJ12. He'd had the car 8 years before he did.

Jesda
03-21-06, 06:54 PM
In my old Q I kept practially an entire garage of stuff in the back seat and trunk [tools, emergency kit, repair manual, etc]. In this one, I have a couple Lionel Richie CDs.

"I'm easayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... easy like Sunday mornin!"

Jonas McFeely
03-21-06, 06:55 PM
Glove box:
Owners Manuel
Insurance and Registration info.
Empty pack of Newports from the Bahamas that is made by a different manufacturer than the US ones.
A couple lighters.
Tire guage.

On the passenger side floor:
A flat head screwdriver.
Wire snips
A couple loose CD's
Young Jeezy CD case.

On the passenger seat:
2 CD books
Some loose change
A couple loose CD's

Back Seat:
A set of rims and tires waiting to be sold.
A pair of old shoes.
Loose change.
A sock.

Hanging from the rear view:
A christmas tree air freshener that smells like a Peach White Owl

Clipped onto the sun visor:
A guardian angel clip that says some stuff about protecting passengers and all who i pass by and stuff.

In the trunk:
A box with 2 Pioneer 12's.A capacitor.A Mmats 500 watt class D amp.
Tool box with any tool i need.
Ratchet tool box.
Set of drill bits and crap.
Box full of cadillac interior parts and a trunk rack.
Floor jack.

Sandy
03-21-06, 06:57 PM
Almost nothing.

Glove Box:
Insurance Info
Owner's Manual & Car Related papers
Hi Tech Mini Flashlight
Ball Point Pen
1 book matches.

Center Armrest:
Change
Tissues
CDs

Trunk:
Small plastic Spray bottle filled with 90% water & 10% vinegar
for removing big time major bird poops
1 roll of Viva Paper Towels

turbojimmy
03-21-06, 08:32 PM
3 seconds damn thats no fair to anyone,

Well, it's only fair to give the dog a crack at it. If she can't respond in 3 seconds then we employ a different strategy. The dog is quick, though. 3 seconds is an eternity.

Jim

Caddy Man
03-21-06, 09:06 PM
I HATE clutter in my car. Huge pet peeve. In my car I have the essentials (what I at least consider the essentials).

Glovebox:
-Envelope containing registration, insurance and official tint note from secretary of state.
-Digital tire pressure guage
-pocket pack of Kleen-Ex's
-Small Maglite flashlight
-Small memo pad to jot down any information (in cases of accidents or other incidents where its important to remeber certain details)
-disposable camera

Center Console:
-Purell anti bacterial stuff
-sunglasses in case
-Listerine pocket pack
-Pen
-Phone charger

Trunk:
-Car duster

Spare Tire area underneath trunk:
-Stock spare with stock tools
-Hydraulic jack (so much easier to use)
-Metal wheels chocks
-Air compressor
-Long jumper cables
-Fix O Flat
-Hazard Triangle
-First Aid Kit

Everything is in its place, so if you open my trunk or go inside my car, you wont find any of this stuff sitting around. Car looks like it just rolled of the dealer lot.

DopeStar 156
03-21-06, 09:44 PM
Off the top of my head....

Glovebox
- The little leather Cadillac book with the owner's manual and my information inside
- A pewter necklace with a skull charm
- My cigarettes (I NEVER smoke in the car, don't worry)
- Extra set of uncut gold keys.
- A couple lighters
- Eye liner pencil (For those formal occasions)
- A fold up hair brush
- Condoms
- Batteries
- An assortment of meds
- Mints
- A spare "Brougham" script
- School parking pass
- Antacids
- My infamous mirrored cop glasses
- Switchblade
- House keys
- Garage door opener
- Mini Mag Lite
- Finger armor

Trunk
- A pair of boots
- Leather treatment stuff
- A towel
- Cadillac trunk mat
- Spare hubcap
- An adjustable wrench
- Interchangable head screwdriver

Trash recepticle
- Maps

Wal-Mart Cupholder Center Console Thing
- A pen (For writing and fixing a flooded carb)
- An assload of change
- CD Walkman (My Caddy's CD player)

Un/Under seats
- "Someone's" bra :lildevil:
- Umbrella
- A book on alchemy and the occult

Seatback pockets
- Lowrider Magazine's Best of Cadillacs issue
- An article about a kid who loved Caddy hearses and died while working on his. CO poisoning....

Wow, I gotta clean out my car.....

gary88
03-21-06, 10:06 PM
I seriously have the cleanest interior you will ever see. All I have in my car is:

Sunglasses
Casette adaptor
Insurance card
Squeege in the trunk

And it still has a faint new car smell :thumbsup:

caddycruiser
03-21-06, 10:34 PM
I hate having stuff everywhere, so this is it in the big old '95 Fleetwood:

Interior:
-Owner's manual & envelope with registration & dealer papers in glove box
-Small console thing on center hump

Trunk:
-Plastic crate with jack, air gauge, couple plastic bags, few wood blocks (not sure why...dad made up the junk box for me)
-Hyundai auto show bag with my car cover in it (when not in use)
-Spare tire

That's it...only thing else I'll be adding is a box of tissues and a flashlight. Have only driven in 3 times, so those were still the basic necessities I never got a chance to throw in there.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-21-06, 10:58 PM
Hmm ...

Also another "non clutter" kinda guy ...

But with a car that sees 400+ miles per week and a owner that goes 45+ hours to week to work and college full time it gets cluttered fast ...

Right this second as she sits in the drive ...

School Bag , this bag techicly is a world bag , it has been to every place i have been int he last 7 years...Florida , cali , alaska ,the persian gulf and everywhere in between...full of college stuff right now ,bag made by eastpack in 1998

2 CD cases , 100 cds in each , mostly MP3s

"Cadillac" Umbrella produced by callaway golf

Center console: Fuel Recipts (way too many its full of them), Cadillac Pen , change holder properly filled to capcity with nickles quaters and dimes, lighter,Key fob for mid 90s cadillacs (customer is supposed to get this from me)

Glove Box: "Mini Mag" flashlight , battery out whole thing inside the "Mini Mag" plastic case as packaged from factory. Owners manual , Rescripts from work done on car.

Rear Map pockets: Left full of beads from gasprilla parade ,right contains documents for storage unit and other places i do business with

Wood Cigar Box (mounted into 3rd brakelight assembly): Nothing (first aid kit will go in there eventually)

Trunk: Now this si where the evil begins ....its a total disater right now , 3 shirts , 3 pair of socks , combat boots , couple tools , papaers , school book , various wireing paraphanlia , fender skirts for a 95 deville concourse , old umbrella , centercap for a 94 deville stock wheel (another customer is supposed to pick this up from me),empty bottle of mtn dew , bungee cord,5 towels...

All i normally carry in there is a couple towels and my tools properly tied in ...and sometimes my bike ...but its been a nasty few weeks and ive been doing alot fo work from the car ....

davesdeville
03-22-06, 06:12 AM
-Insurance, registration, and emissions info.
-First aid kit.
-Fire extinguisher.
-Million candlepower spotlight.
-Pen (Bic Ultra, round stic.)
-Cell phone car charger.

And that is IT.

deskjockey
03-22-06, 10:03 AM
-bible
-dark sunglasses
-leadership training and development materials
-gas treatment
-sniper rifle
-blanket for my wife
-anointing oil for prayer
-roadside kit
-energy drinks
-protien bars
-some hard currency
-music cd's, mostly christian, some blues and hendrix for road trips
-alternate identities kit
-road atlas

i think that's got it...

FredMaxwell
03-22-06, 10:25 AM
1 Axe
1 Shotgun
1 Spare tire
1 Pack of pipe tobacco Cigars
1 Handsome Pollack

mccombie_5
03-22-06, 01:09 PM
I ddi my friend Julie's car today, we made a list, and this is the truth of what was in her 94 Golf.

27 CDs by Various Artists
14 Empty Cigarette Packets
1 Full Cigarette Packets
1 Pair of Stilletto Shoes
1 Pair of Training Shoes
1 Pair of Socks
1 Sports Bra
1 Umberella
1 Spare CD Changer Cartridge
1 Handbag
1 Bag for College
1 A3 Sized Graphics Folder
1 Pentax MZM SLR Camera
1 Photography Journal
1 Physics Textbook
3 Mathmatics Textbooks
4 Empty Water Bottles
2 Half Empty Water Bottles
1 Full Water Bottle
1 Rag
32 Empty Coca Cola Cans
2 Packets of Mints
3 Packets of Gum, Two Opened
1 Debit Card
1 Bag of Jellies
1 Lighter
1 Copy of The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
1 Copy of Broken Music by Sting
1 Portable DVD Player
17 Assorted DVDs
13 Batteries of Various Sizes
18 Containers/wrappers from various fast food outlets
6 Pens
2 Pencils
1 Condom
1 Bottle of Hugo Deep Red Perfume
1 Hairbrush
2.94 in Loose Change

Trunk:

1 Make-Up Bag
1 Sports bag
1 CD Changer
1 Loaf of Bread
1 Scarf
1 Stuffed Toy
1 Tub of Vaseline
1 Bottle of Lemonade
2 Rags
1 toolkit
3 Blankets
1 Rubbish bin

Its full to the brim of crap.

LittleB
03-22-06, 01:47 PM
I don't like clutter but normally by the end of the week I've got a few empty/half empty bottles of water on the floor. Sometimes an empty bottle of soda, sometimes gym clothes etc. I normally empty my car out at the end of the week...

deskjockey
03-22-06, 03:28 PM
I call "the Wolf" and he "cleans" mine

*note: use of quotations indicates suspicious dealings "end of note"

FredMaxwell
03-22-06, 04:24 PM
I don't like clutter but normally by the end of the week I've got a few empty/half empty bottles of water on the floor. Sometimes an empty bottle of soda, sometimes gym clothes etc. I normally empty my car out at the end of the week...

Water is good for you,
My kidneys love water since I have bad ones but one is half good so everything is fine with those as you only need a quarter of one see :)

xamyel
03-22-06, 09:20 PM
Leather Manual kit
30 CD's in jewel cases
5 Assorted DVD's
Cel Phone charger
PSP in Car kit (PSP goes with me.)

Florian
03-22-06, 11:36 PM
armrest console:
Purell hand sanitizer
Carmex lip stuff
earpiece for bluetooth
nail clippers

Glove box:
Owners manual
napkins (for in car lunches)

Backseat:
Briefcase
Rollerblades

Trunk:
Emerg. kit
golf clubs/shoes

F

MN Madman
03-23-06, 11:25 AM
I've found the following items:

1. A map to the hidden body of Jimmy Hoffa
2. 4 keys to Al Capones secret safe.
3. George W.'s enlistment papers.

I haven't gotten to the trunk yet...ya think I should call Geraldo?

slk230mb
03-23-06, 12:04 PM
I've found the following items:

1. A map to the hidden body of Jimmy Hoffa
2. 4 keys to Al Capones secret safe.
3. George W.'s enlistment papers.

I haven't gotten to the trunk yet...ya think I should call Geraldo?

Only if the map to Hoffa leads to your trunk.

mccombie_5
03-23-06, 12:09 PM
Backseat:
Briefcase
Rollerblades

F

To be used in conjuction with each other?

i can see the ad for that now:

"always wondered how to save the time you spend walking corridors from office to office?...."

Omega-Red
03-23-06, 12:12 PM
empty ^^

MN Madman
03-23-06, 04:51 PM
Only if the map to Hoffa leads to your trunk.

I want to become a national icon.....so I'll call Bill O Reilly too.

mccombie_5
04-23-06, 07:09 PM
This is what's in the Trooper (after a good clean out)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Stuff/Car%20Photos/dadsyday013.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Stuff/Car%20Photos/dadsyday012.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Stuff/Car%20Photos/dadsyday004.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/mccombie_5/Stuff/Car%20Photos/dadsyday003.jpg

derrty_deville
04-24-06, 01:05 AM
i had a dented hood in my back seat and a bat in the trunk. no relation

DopeStar 156
04-24-06, 02:09 AM
What's wrong with the steering wheel in your truck?

mccombie_5
04-24-06, 02:25 AM
What's wrong with the steering wheel in your truck?

You mean apart rom it being on the wrong side ;)