: Need shop recommendations in Houston

RacerVX
03-21-06, 02:15 PM
After 4,200 near blissful miles on the V, I now have to get some work done. :annoyed:

A lady parked next to the V at work in our parking garage and was not very careful when she backed out. The bad news is she scratched the V. The good news is that there is no metal damage at all. The only part she scratched was about a 6" section of the wheel well lip on the driver's quarter panel. It is the small section that is vertical, which probably helped prevent metal damage. While not happy my 4 month old car is scratched, it certainly could have been MUCH, MUCH worse.

So, the question now for all you Texas V owners is; who is THE BEST paint shop or individual painter in Houston? I know putting "best" and "paint shop" in the same sentence can be an oxymoron (I worked at one when I was a young), but any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

formula223
03-21-06, 05:58 PM
Mcginnis has done a great job twice on my ctsv. But they had the car for 8 weeks the first time and five weeks the second time.

urbanski
03-21-06, 06:13 PM
no lie, paint shop and good dont belong in the same sentence.

You can't PM yet....but you can trust the dealer ssmith100 uses in Houston.
I'll PM him for you...or join and you get PMs turned on :)

Good luck!!

RacerVX
03-21-06, 09:14 PM
Formula 223,

Thanks for the mention on McGinnis. I'll run by there and see what they say.

Urbanski,

Thanks for the mention. I took your advice and signed up in case people wanted to PM recommendations :2thumbs: (or exclusions :gun: ) privately.

Thanks again guys.

urbanski
03-22-06, 07:07 AM
:cool:
welcome :)

ssmith100
03-22-06, 08:50 AM
I really don't know of a good Body Shop in Houston. The body shop at my wife's dealership isn't all that great. I have most of my body work done in Huntsville, Tx.

Shane

Texan V
03-22-06, 10:00 AM
Sterling McCall Lexus is good, but I can't say if they are the best in Houston. My best friend has had them repair two of his Vettes and do a major restoration on his 63 Impala. The body and paint work they did on the Impala was immaculant though.

urbanski
03-22-06, 10:43 AM
well drive here then
Cavender Caddy body shop is absolutely wonderful...and i should know :rolleyes: