: Buick LaCrosse Super in the works?

Blackout
03-21-06, 01:45 PM
Edmunds Exclusive: Buick LaCrosse Super in the Works

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/il/news/2006/0317/buickvelite.500.jpg

Date posted: 03-17-2006

DETROIT A Buick LaCrosse Super, which takes its exterior design cues from the well-received 2004 Buick Velite convertible concept, will hit the market within the next few years, Inside Line has learned.

The car will begin to make its media rounds starting on March 28 in New York and again at the Buick Open in Grand Blanc, Michigan, in July. It will not be shown at the upcoming New York auto show, however.

Buick spokesman Dave Darovitz told IL that the LaCrosse Super will be equipped with a 300-plus-hp V8, the first V8 in the LaCrosse sedan. "It will have exterior styling heavily inspired by the Velite, including a waterfall grille," he said. "It's a good bet it will have portholes, too."

Darovitz said the LaCrosse Super will have interior differentiation from the current LaCrosse. He would not specify exactly when the model will hit the market, only vaguely describing it as "the next few years."

"We're not close to talking pricing yet, either," Darovitz said.

There are no plans for a Buick Lucerne Super at this time. The Super designation, which goes back to 1940, signifies the most premium trim level.

"The whole vision for Buick is to move upmarket and bring more style and technology to the portfolio," he said.

What this means to you: Buick is still leafing through its rich heritage for cures to its lingering malaise.

gary88
03-21-06, 01:59 PM
hmm, I have mixed feelings for this one

HotRodSaint
03-21-06, 02:52 PM
If it's not RWD then don't bother.

Oh, and try to find a better name than La Crosse.

How about Riviera?

caddydaddy
03-21-06, 02:59 PM
It looks like that Velite (sp) concept car!

Jonas McFeely
03-21-06, 03:14 PM
lol,lacrosse is a slang term for maturbating in quebec.lol, stupid GM

Elvis
03-21-06, 03:20 PM
It always bothered me that Buick used French names for all their cars, but when they wanted to make a muscle car they called it the "Grand National."

I guess LeMans was already taken.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-21-06, 03:38 PM
*cough* Reatta *cough*

Jesda
03-21-06, 04:03 PM
So they renamed the Velite? I'm seeing the Velite.

caddycruiser
03-21-06, 04:16 PM
Uh...people...the car shown in the pic IS the Velite convertible concept, but that's NOT the car they're talking about. It's just there to give a reminder of what that car looks like.

As for the Lacrosse, everything I've read is that it basically is just a more loaded and powerful version, with some slightly updated styling and the current Impala SS/Grand Prix GXP 5.3L V8 with DOD under the hood.

It was shown at a dealer meeting not long ago, and at least one person who went has made some comments on another site.

Expect a refreshed front fasica, larger wheels, portholes, the V8, and some minor new interior touches...and you'll have a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Elvis
03-21-06, 09:51 PM
What's French for homosexual?

That's who's going to buy it.

(somebody shoot me!)

caddydaddy
03-21-06, 10:02 PM
Peugot!

slk230mb
03-21-06, 10:34 PM
What's French for homosexual?

That's who's going to buy it.

(somebody shoot me!)

:gungrin: :gun2: Bang? Bang?

Jesda
03-21-06, 10:49 PM
This car makes me so excited, I think I'll download some Elton John songs.

Bring back Park Avenue Ultra!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-21-06, 11:00 PM
This car makes me so excited, I think I'll download some Elton John songs.

LOL! go for Funeral for a Friend/ Love Lies Bleeding, Bennie and The Jets, Madman Across the water, all good songs!