Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Spyder 
#1 ·
A bill prohibiting watching DVD's, movies, carputers, and TV, or having a monitor screen visible to the driver passed the state house in Alaska and will become a Class A felony if it results in an accident. Exceptions are emergency vehicles, NAV or GPS systems, or mobile phones. This is in response to a horrendous accident a while back where a family got killed by an idiot watching a movie while driving and it wasn't specifically prohibited at the time so the guy walked.

#6 ·
A buddy of mine got a ticket for having a screen visible from outside.The screen was a flip down and was visible from only the backseat,the cop was tailing him and saw the screen and gave him a ticket.

Anyone watching a movie and fiddling around with crap while driving deserves to get arrested for endangering the public.

#8 ·
This is very illegal in the UK

And using a mobile phone can result in points on your license.

I have a portable DVD player I use on long journeys, but usually from the back seat. You are also not allowed to have any lights on in the front of the car since they distract motorists, but you may use reading lights in the rear.

#9 ·
RobertCTS said:
Makes sense to me. Same way with Cell phones. They have been banned in some states while operating a vehicle. Some people can't walk and chew gum at the same time.
Amen.

I'll quit bitching about the seat belt laws as soon as all 50 demand hands-free cellular use only.

(not that I'm opposed to seat belts or crash helmets, it just seems stupid to enforce that before going after the cause)

#10 ·
Elvis said:
Amen.

I'll quit bitching about the seat belt laws as soon as all 50 demand hands-free cellular use only.

(not that I'm opposed to seat belts or crash helmets, it just seems stupid to enforce that before going after the cause)
Its one of the best things they ever did here banning cell phones in cars. I jsut want them to go the whole hog and not even allow hands free, because if youre talking to someone out of the car you tend to be elsewhere, have you ever watched someone when theyre on the phone? How much do they fidget? You do the same in a car, hands free or not.

Seat belts = greatest automotive safety device.

#13 ·
Jesda said:
I'm guilty. I watched two seasons Arrested Development while driving across the country last year. Of course, I didnt just STARE at the screen at 100mph. I listened to the show while glancing over only when freckle faced hottie Alia Shawkat was on.

there ya go Jesda :highfive:

#14 ·
Distracted driving IS illegal. Television screens visible to the driver are illegal. Why do they have to specifically ban DVD, I think that should count.

Anyway, there was an idiot a while back who a jury convicted for Murder #2 for running over someone when his car left the road because he was watching a DVD. There's a reason the aftermarket players have a safety interlock, but these idiots defeat it anyway. I like how the newer BMWs kill the video while the car is moving. That should totally silence those people who insist they aren't watching, only listening, while driving. I have no idea if Cadillac's system allows the audio from a movie while driving.

#16 ·
Wow...she IS incredibly sexy...

And Jesda...Homer actually designed the car, for his brother, who then went out of business because of it. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.