: Clear Bra...Where Can I Get One?

sotxmike
03-21-06, 12:49 AM
I saw the recommendation to get a clear bra...the front of my Black V is already showing some hits. Is this a GM product (part no.?) or aftermarket and how much does it cost? Thanks

mlg
03-21-06, 11:45 AM
yeah, i may want one, have a platinum v w low miles and showing hits on front, under the paint is BLACK and it really shows against the lite colored paint, man the paint is thiiiin,,,a couple additional coats of paint would have helped, but oh well, maybe a clear bra is the answer.

StealthV
03-21-06, 11:50 AM
Most window tint shops do clear bras. Cost is $400 - $500 installed.

Got LLumar brand on mine; 3M is in the business as well as others...

http://www.llumar.com/na-eng/contact.html

Texan V
03-21-06, 12:09 PM
Just so you don't get disappointed...

Ideally you want to apply the bra prior to receiving any dings or chips. The bra will just glaze over a chip leaving an unsightly air bubble. I wish that I would have gotten one installed immediately after picking up my car from the dealer. I shopped around for a place to do it, but after a week it was already too late. By then I had picked up two or three nice rock chips. So I knew it would be a waste of money as I'd never be happy with the fit.

just sayin

V-SATX
03-21-06, 02:10 PM
Just so you don't get disappointed...

Ideally you want to apply the bra prior to receiving any dings or chips. The bra will just glaze over a chip leaving an unsightly air bubble. I wish that I would have gotten one installed immediately after picking up my car from the dealer. I shopped around for a place to do it, but after a week it was already too late. By then I had picked up two or three nice rock chips. So I knew it would be a waste of money as I'd never be happy with the fit.

just sayin

I have babied mine and my front still is in good shape. However, I would recommend that if you have a problem front end; have it re-sprayed (painted), the cost should be relatively reasonable and then apply the 3M clear bra.

CIWS
03-21-06, 02:12 PM
You do want to try and get it ASAP after purchasing the car new or after the front end may have been repainted. I had mine put on last week after having the front end repainted by the dealership about 3 weeks prior. I had already suffered some rock hits by then and even though I had used touch-up paint on the spots, the Clear Bra kinda sucked in around them so a few can be seen now. So although it doesn't look pristine, it shouldn't suffer tooooo much more degradation. Mine was done at the dealership, total cost was 700.00. Most decent tint shops can apply the film, cost and type film used will vary.

sotxmike
03-21-06, 09:51 PM
Thanks, everyone for the response. The CTS-V Forum...The next best thing to owning one !! :thumbsup:

DrivingAmericanNow
03-22-06, 09:41 AM
Just think how nice it would be if clear bras made their way into today's bathing suit fashions. :bouncy:

rand49er
03-22-06, 11:00 AM
Most window tint shops do clear bras. Cost is $400 - $500 installed.

Got LLumar brand on mine; 3M is in the business as well as others...

http://www.llumar.com/na-eng/contact.html:yeah:

But bear in mind, there's a clear bra that just goes on the first 6 or so inches of your hood, and then there's a whole bunch more, too.

I had the entire bumper/fascia done, headlights, mirrors, all four wheel arches, and top surface of rear bumper. (I didn't have them do the inside door panels where feet scuff them up all the time.) Whatever you do, git-r-done early!!! :thumbsup: My car still looks great with no nicks whatsoever.

nikon
03-22-06, 02:25 PM
Just think how nice it would be if clear bras made their way into today's bathing suit fashions. :bouncy:

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

brtnharv
03-22-06, 02:49 PM
Clear bra...nah I'm just banking on hitting another deer and getting a whole new front end. I've hit 2 in the past 4 years, with 2 cars and got 2 new front ends and paint jobs. It's only a matter of time. That $0 deductible is nice too when it does happen. Can't wait.

50 4Ever
03-22-06, 02:56 PM
Clear bra...nah I'm just banking on hitting another deer and getting a whole new front end. I've hit 2 in the past 4 years, with 2 cars and got 2 new front ends and paint jobs. It's only a matter of time. That $0 deductible is nice too when it does happen. Can't wait.

Oh I get it, when you need a new front end you just park down the road from a Deer Xing and then when you see some crossing, BAMM - a new front end.

:highfive:

CIWS
03-22-06, 04:51 PM
Clear bra...nah I'm just banking on hitting another deer and getting a whole new front end. I've hit 2 in the past 4 years, with 2 cars and got 2 new front ends and paint jobs. It's only a matter of time.

Dude, it sounds to me like you need to invest your cash in a Deer Bra, not a Clear Bra.....

;)

rand49er
03-22-06, 10:03 PM
... a Deer Bra, not a Clear Bra.....:histeric:

diverdan
03-23-06, 09:17 AM
I'm interested in getting clear bra but would like to know the long wear pattern. I know I guy that put it on his black C6 and it looked great: hardly noticible.
Has anyone had a clear bra on a car for 3+ years? If so, how is it holding up? Any yellowing, pealing,or paint damage?

brtnharv
03-23-06, 05:15 PM
Oh I get it, when you need a new front end you just park down the road from a Deer Xing and then when you see some crossing, BAMM - a new front end.

:highfive:

Actually, I think they wait in the woods for me. They must like to play chicken. The last one was only a doe, I was disappointed because my first one was a 9 point buck.

http://users.zoominternet.net/~harv2/a0.jpg

rgd
03-23-06, 09:24 PM
If you can get to this sight it has various options for clear bra material such as bulk. You can use it for lights etc... and bras too!

http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bin/products
/browser.cgi?prevtype=1&prevyear=2004&prevmake=6&prevmodel=0&prevsubmodel=0&prevseries=0&type=1&year=2004&make=6&model=868

mostoyzwinz
03-29-06, 08:30 PM
If you can get to this sight......http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bin/products

Seems you had a premonition this was coming :hmm:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/products on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.invisiblemask.com Port 80