: FG2 Group Buy - any interest?

Dreamin
03-20-06, 08:31 PM
Wanted to gauge interest for FG2 shocks... if there is good interest, hopefully Lindsay Cadillac can put something together for us (I PM'd James already).

Great upgrade for the stock suspension. And anyone interested in lower (stiffer) springs (H&R, GC, etc.) should seriously consider upgrading shocks too. For the ultimate in handling... it's obvious on my GC'd & HK'd V... the FE4 shocks are now the weakest link.

trekster
03-20-06, 08:37 PM
Sounds like a great idea!
Aren't the qa3 shocks better at the same price?
I might be interested if the price is right.

Luna.
03-20-06, 08:39 PM
I most definitely would. I mentioned a GP for some FGs a few posts back. :)

Got5onit
03-20-06, 08:59 PM
If the price is right. :bouncy:

DILLIGAF
03-20-06, 09:36 PM
Is there any market for our used FE4'S.I'm really curious about the price of the shock upgrade.This mod would need to be decided on before the GC kit becomes available?

lars464
03-20-06, 10:10 PM
How would the ride feel in everyday applications? Any idea of price?

StealthV
03-20-06, 10:15 PM
Had FG2s on my V since day one. The first time I drove a non-FG2 V, I thought it felt very "traditional Cadillac-like"...couldn't feel cracks in the street in front of my house. FG2s provide a very firm ride.

1badcady
03-20-06, 10:46 PM
Price? I was about to purchase them anyway. hope it works out.

Luna.
03-20-06, 11:25 PM
The first time I drove a non-FG2 V, I thought it felt very "traditional Cadillac-like"...couldn't feel cracks in the street in front of my house. FG2s provide a very firm ride.

Just what I want. :thumbsup:

Dreamin
03-20-06, 11:32 PM
Any idea of price?

They are ~$1200 from gmpartsdirect. Hopefully we can lower that price 5-10% with the GB.

StealthV
03-20-06, 11:55 PM
IIRC, two years ago GMS pricing on the FG2 kit when I bought the V was a smidge under $1k so if you can get anything off the list price, go for it.

atdeneve
03-21-06, 06:16 AM
Yes please.

Kadonny
03-21-06, 09:30 AM
How would the ride feel in everyday applications? Any idea of price?

I have them on my car, and what Rick said it very true.

The ride is stiffer and you do feel the small bumps a bit more, no question about it, but the car feels so much more planted and secure with the FG2. Granted, I only had very little time behind the wheel of a test non FG2 car, but no question I can feel the difference. I like them. Any rolling humps in the roads the car just stays down, no floating at all.

Florian
03-21-06, 09:56 AM
Im on the fence on these....due to the fact that my V is more DD than autox'er. I like the mushy Caddy feel, but if the FG2s work better with the GC kit, then Im in.

F

Staxxin
03-21-06, 10:25 AM
Im on the fence on these....due to the fact that my V is more DD than autox'er. I like the mushy Caddy feel, but if the FG2s work better with the GC kit, then Im in.

F

For what itís worth, Iíve had the FG2ís since day one and by no means does it make the ride too harsh for daily drivability.

StealthV
03-21-06, 11:42 AM
No frost heaved roads or pot holes eh? As a DD, FG2 isn't an issue for me but for someone else it may be too much.

Would "If it is too firm, you're too old" apply here?

BowenCT
03-21-06, 12:56 PM
My V came equipped with FE4s, I drove it that way for about 3500 miles. I then swapped them out for the FG2s. Hands down the best upgrade one can do to thier V. For those on the fence, do it! You will absolutely be glad you did.

V-SATX
03-21-06, 01:35 PM
I was wondering what one would gain in performance with upgrading to the FG2's. I assume my V has the FE4 shocks and not the FG2's. What can you expect for a 1k plus investment in shocks.

Thanx

Dreamin
03-21-06, 01:44 PM
but if the FG2s work better with the GC kit, then Im in.

You absolutely dont *need* them with the GC kit... the spring rates were chosen for the FE4 shocks... the suspension feels just a hair underdamped, but the FE4s work just fine.

The FG2's are to get that extra 10% (?) more handling out of the car...

Florian
03-21-06, 04:15 PM
You absolutely dont *need* them with the GC kit... the spring rates were chosen for the FE4 shocks... the suspension feels just a hair underdamped, but the FE4s work just fine.

The FG2's are to get that extra 10% (?) more handling out of the car...

Dreamin,

Thanks for the candid reply. That said, I think Ill stick with the GC kit first. If I hanker for some more solid 'feel', Ill add the FG2's down the road a piece, just not right now.
Thanks again!

F

Got5onit
03-21-06, 07:53 PM
$1000 for shocks?
WOW!!!!!!!!

:eek: