Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  LittleB 
#1 ·
Most Modern day Haircut chains have computers....

Of coarse that never settled well with me , i have a hatred for technology , if you ask me socoecity depends on these gizmos way too much ....

So today i was in need of a haircut , i went into my usual place dureing my lunch hour to get myself a haircut. Normally i get a flat top , but if the person cannot do it i settle for a normal crew cut . So the woman takes my name and number and tells me im next. I grab the lateset car and driver and read inetenly about the diesel stuff inside. Half hour later its my turn , she enters my number in the computer and promptly says "sorry i cannot cut your hair today". I asked why she said "i cant do flat tops" , i said "thats fine lets just do a crew cut". She says "no i cannot cut your hair today". Her and her freind that came in after i did were boath of another race. She points to him and says "ok lets get your hair cut". I looked up and said "so let me get this stright , you made me wait 30 minutes dureing my lunch hour just to send me packin?" . She says "sorry sir but i just cant cut your hair today". Her freind was oviosuly getting a form of crew cut so i knew she could do mine.

I wont say here what i said afterwards , but rest assured i was pissed and i made damn sure she knew...

So , rascisim aside , i want to let you all know to NEVER give your information out to these places , if they decide they dont want to cut your hair that information will be used against you ....

See less See more
#2 ·
A Flattop, like Will Smith in the early '90s?

#4 ·
What race were the other guys? Also why didn't she just cut your hair when you opted for a different cut? I'd file a complaint.

#5 ·
Stoneage_Caddy said:
nope , more similar to the haircut that is widely used in the US Marine Corps also called "high and tight"
Oh yeah that one, I got a little chuckle picturing some preppy white guy in a flattop like Will Smiths!

#7 ·
WOW...I've never heard of anything even remotely like that.

At home, I go to the local beauty shop that has about 8 different ladies, all of which also cut a couple guys a day, and they're great. I always have an appointment, but usually a guy will walk in when I'm there without an appointment and get almost immediate service.

And here at school, we have our own on-campus barber shop, which used to have two guys but is now down to one. A lot busier now, but if you hit him at the right time, not much of a wait.

Then again, now that I think of it, neither of them has a computer...but I still NEVER heard of them denying you because of a typical haircut! That's just weird...and VERY rude:thepan:

Oh, and a similar cut going on here...tight on the sides and back, and just a little more on top that I put some stuff in.

#8 ·
Those places can be good....and bad. I used to get my hair cut in an old fashon barber shop until the guy sold his shop to another fella with Parkinson's Disease. It was all good until the guy went to edge out above my ears with a straight razor. :eek:

I use a place called Sport Cuts that's a chain. They have TVs playing ESPN at every station, and they give a pretty decent cut. And they don't try to hack off my ears. ;) It's important to find a decent stylist and stick with them.

ETA: I get a #1 guard on the sides and back, but I've yet to get the high and tight. When I was much younger I wore the flat top for years.

#9 ·
Rolex said:
Those places can be good....and bad. I used to get my hair cut in an old fashon barber shop until the guy sold his shop to another fella with Parkinson's Disease. It was all good until the guy went to edge out above my ears with a straight razor. :eek:

I use a place called Sport Cuts that's a chain. They have TVs playing ESPN at every station, and they give a pretty decent cut. And they don't try to hack off my ears. ;) It's important to find a decent stylist and stick with them.

ETA: I get a #1 guard on the sides and back, but I've yet to get the high and tight. When I was much younger I wore the flat top for years.
see none of the old school ones exist , i was treated to the best in barbers for over 4 years in the military ...the best of the best werent even in this country , when i was overseas we had a guy called "slappy" a local dude who cut your hair in the tradion of that area , complete witht he scalp treatment (thus the name slappy), he was great and you felt like a million bucks when you left.....before then it was the old school type with stright razors and such ...when i moved back down here i found all of those had either went out of busness or bought out by the chain types ...all i am left with is these places ...Im pretty screwed ....

really my hair never gets long at all , it drives me nuts if my hair gets longer then the military standards , i got used to it so anything longer feels icthy and hot ....

#10 ·
So basically, the point of the story is that the proprietors of said haircut chain, were racist against caucasians?

#11 ·
well i sure think so ...its happend to me a few times in the area at burger king and a few other joints ...nature of the area i suppose , not alot of caucasians out there , but it never stops me from going to the busnesses there , i feel i have just as much right as anyone else ....and those of you that have met me know im a pretty nice guy ....so its not like i go in with an atititude , working in customer service for years i know what the other side of that desk looks like and i try my hardest to be nice to them and work with the the best i can ...

#19 ·
I used to have a flat top in 2nd and 3rd grade. I liked it because I could balance things on top of my head.

Actually i'm getting a haircut tomorrow, I go to a local beauty shop in my town run by 4 polish women. I've been going there long enough now where I can walk in and tell them to give me "the usual."

#20 ·
gary88 said:
I used to have a flat top in 2nd and 3rd grade. I liked it because I could balance things on top of my head.

Actually i'm getting a haircut tomorrow, I go to a local beauty shop in my town run by 4 polish women. I've been going there long enough now where I can walk in and tell them to give me "the usual."
isnt that a great feeling ?

i do that at the pub across the street from work ...it so cool ...im like norm up in that bitch

#21 ·
gary88 said:
I've been going there long enough now where I can walk in and tell them to give me "the usual."
Thats exactly what I say when I walk into the local whorehouse, which coincidentally is also owned by four polish women.

#23 ·
I go to a local salon, where the hair gals are all hot and they love to push their tits in your face while they cut your hair. Sure its not the cheapest joint, but I never have to wait, and they all want to cut my hair. Fighting for tips is cool! makes you feel wanted. Plus those D cups.....

F

#24 ·
Florian said:
I go to a local salon, where the hair gals are all hot and they love to push their tits in your face while they cut your hair. Sure its not the cheapest joint, but I never have to wait, and they all want to cut my hair. Fighting for tips is cool! makes you feel wanted. Plus those D cups.....

F
Ahhh.... The vision of the gods. D cups and lovely lady hands all over your head :lildevil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.