: O-ring cracked on TP sensor. Replace O-ring??

03-20-06, 05:32 PM
I removed the TP sensor from my stock wheels and I found two of them have cracked O-rings. The pressure in 2 of my tires would slowly drop and I think I've found the culprit.

Anyone know if I can just purchase the O-ring from a local dealer?

03-20-06, 07:25 PM
go to a hobby store. they have tons of different sized o-rings

03-20-06, 08:02 PM
I'll try that.

03-20-06, 10:11 PM
Lowes/Ace/HomeDepot etc. usually have a pretty good supply of o-rings as well.

03-20-06, 11:43 PM
Just took another look at it. The O-ring looks more like an o-ring molded on top of another rubber seal.
This may be a problem. :hmm:

O-ring may have been a bad description, rubber gasket may be more fitting.

03-21-06, 12:00 AM
Just looked at some new sensors - definitely has a stepped/shouldered gasket that would be tough to replace off-the-shelf.

You could try the farmer-fix: Put some silicone around the gasket area on the sensor, install them in the wheels and let it cure for a day or two.

That's all that keeps my 3-piece wheels from leaking all the way around where the two halves bolt together.

03-21-06, 01:56 PM
Get a new gasket from the dealer. I had one fail right after installing new tires and it was replaced by the dealer under warranty. Even if you have to pay for the part, I am sure they are cheap.

03-21-06, 03:30 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice. :)