: Wow, finally a hot sauce that is hot enough =]

urbanski
03-20-06, 04:31 PM
Blair's Jersey Death sauce
http://extremefood.com/product.php?id=138
http://www.hotsauceblog.com/hotsaucearchives/blairs-jersey-death-sauce/

I read it's supposed to be 50% hotter than MegaDeath, which is rated at 550,000 Scoville units
http://www.chez-williams.com/Hot%20Sauce/hothome.htm

Got my first bottle today, took a taste, well that was 20 minutes ago and i'm still DYING! :p lol finally something actually HOT enough for me :D

Adam
03-20-06, 05:18 PM
it'd be easier to spray pepper spray on your food :) :thumbsup:.

addison_ii
03-20-06, 05:33 PM
Remember what is hot going in will hot coming out. :histeric:

Spyder
03-20-06, 05:46 PM
I've found some good ones in my time...Magnum 357 is one of my favorites. It's not the absolute hottest out there, but the flavor is freaking awesome...Wayyyy better than Dave's Insanity...I'll have to look into that list of yours though!

LittleB
03-20-06, 05:50 PM
Yeah..umm.....i try to stay way from foods that have the word "death" in the name......

But, whatever floats your boat :D

DILLIGAF
03-20-06, 06:05 PM
You're going to have to raammat your rectum,or have you already,I bet you have!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-20-06, 06:10 PM
It's like Drano for your lower intestine.

urbanski
03-20-06, 06:24 PM
I've found some good ones in my time...Magnum 357 is one of my favorites. It's not the absolute hottest out there, but the flavor is freaking awesome...Wayyyy better than Dave's Insanity...I'll have to look into that list of yours though!
dave's is crap
i moved away from it along time ago, really really crappy.

i saw that magnum stuff, looked interesting.

urbanski
03-20-06, 06:25 PM
You're going to have to raammat your rectum,or have you already,I bet you have!
:thepan: :highfive: :thumbsup: :histeric:

Tailfin
03-21-06, 06:51 AM
I personally use Vicious Viper as an addative to wing sauce if I want true burn. But honestly, something bothers me about using extracts. I minced and sauteed 10 habaneros complete w/ seeds and added them. Does an alright job :-D.

Tailfin
03-21-06, 06:52 AM
dave's is crap

I second that... Tried adding it once, and gave a bit of heat, but wrecked my flavor in the process...

RobertCTS
03-21-06, 08:48 AM
If your looking for heat guys it's in the Habanero peppers. They actually have a measurement for the heat in peppers. It's called Scoville units. Check this out..The typical Jalapeno pepper has 4,500 Scoville units of heat. The typical Habanero pepper has 300,000 units. As you can see the Jalapeno is for wimps:D . So when shopping look for the main ingredient of the Habanero pepper in the sauce. Those peppers will burn you twice!:eek:

If you want the ultimate experience in heat look for the Red Savina Habanero pepper. It has 577,000 Scoville units of heat!!:lildevil:

70eldo
03-21-06, 08:55 AM
I can make a hotter sauce! No doubt a home made sauce can be made hotter. And I don't give in to taste either. After two days you will have a very nice after taste... :D

It's so hot, you can actually feel where your food is all the way down, so you can prepare in time for the toilet. In case you need to make special preperations... :D You whish you have a bidet then!

Elvis
03-21-06, 09:04 AM
H2SO4 is a lot cheaper and you can make it yourself.

RobertCTS
03-21-06, 09:08 AM
I had to give up on the Habanero peppers. They were too hot and were baking my colon, flaming my sphincter and igniting the toilet paper. To much punishment for me anymore!:thehand:

HotRodSaint
03-21-06, 09:22 AM
A taco shack called Surf Taco has two taco sauces on their table, and everytime I go there with my sister-in-law she tells me to watch out for the Habenero sauce because it's real hot!! I always end up taking a bite and then adding more because I can't taste it.

Mezzetta makes a good Habanero Salsa called Twist & Shout. They also make a Habanero Hot Sauce, although I prefer the salsa.

Spyder
03-21-06, 09:35 AM
I agree on Dave's, its just the standard that everyone knows the name of and is scared of, or at least those who have never tried the real stuff! :) The Magnum is really good, as far as flavor I'd say its one of the best, it tastes great, but like I said, isn't the absolute hottest stuff out there.

RobertCTS
03-21-06, 09:46 AM
A taco shack called Surf Taco has two taco sauces on their table, and everytime I go there with my sister-in-law she tells me to watch out for the Habenero sauce because it's real hot!! I always end up taking a bite and then adding more because I can't taste it.

Mezzetta makes a good Habanero Salsa called Twist & Shout. They also make a Habanero Hot Sauce, although I prefer the salsa.

"Twist & Shout" is what I do in the bathroom after the second second burn.
You have to use the toilet bowl water to cool things down.:shocked2:

urbanski
03-21-06, 09:48 AM
If your looking for heat guys it's in the Habanero peppers. They actually have a measurement for the heat in peppers. It's called Scoville units. Check this out..The typical Jalapeno pepper has 4,500 Scoville units of heat. The typical Habanero pepper has 300,000 units. As you can see the Jalapeno is for wimps:D . So when shopping look for the main ingredient of the Habanero pepper in the sauce. Those peppers will burn you twice!:eek:

If you want the ultimate experience in heat look for the Red Savina Habanero pepper. It has 577,000 Scoville units of heat!!:lildevil:indeed
like i said, the Jersey sauce should be well into 700K units, and has several kind of peppers. that's why i like Blairs, its natural. Daves is chemicals.
oh and daves is like 90K unit, wimpy :p

RobertCTS
03-21-06, 09:57 AM
For those that are into records, the hottest recorded pepper was a red savina habanero pepper that's recorded in the Guiness Book of World Records at 580,000 Scoville heat units. The Habanero varies in heat and is determined by the soil, climate and harvest time. The Habanero has really become populat lately and you can find them in many Food Chains like Krogers.

terrible one
03-21-06, 09:59 AM
Anyone tried Endorfin Rush?

JC316
03-21-06, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't be so quick to down those jalpeno's. My sister grew some SOOO hot that it took me, my best friend, a 6'4" navy seal, a 6'3" army ranger and a big pepper loving guy to our knees. All of the people mentioned above LOVE hot stuff, the hotter, the better.

Someone asked what we did to the pepper lover, they said he was coughing, his eyes were wattering, and he was turning blue.

My best friend was trying to be cool, but after two bites, his reaction was "I am trying so hard, not to CRY" then he ran for some milk.

The SEAL said to get those damn evil things away from him.

Keep in mind, that I have ate habanaros before and they cannot stand up to these things. I will NEVER eat another one. They would make some KILLER hot sauce.

RobertCTS
03-21-06, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to down those jalpeno's. My sister grew some SOOO hot that it took me, my best friend, a 6'4" navy seal, a 6'3" army ranger and a big pepper loving guy to our knees. All of the people mentioned above LOVE hot stuff, the hotter, the better.

Someone asked what we did to the pepper lover, they said he was coughing, his eyes were wattering, and he was turning blue.

My best friend was trying to be cool, but after two bites, his reaction was "I am trying so hard, not to CRY" then he ran for some milk.

The SEAL said to get those damn evil things away from him.

Keep in mind, that I have ate habanaros before and they cannot stand up to these things. I will NEVER eat another one. They would make some KILLER hot sauce.

So you can appeciate the Habanero which is 125 times as hot as the Jalapeno. Your Seal would experience spontanious combustion.(actually that's a name for a brand of habanero sause)
http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/jmm_07_burn_med.jpg

davesdeville
03-22-06, 05:08 AM
H2SO4 is a lot cheaper and you can make it yourself.

Sulfuric is hard to make on your own. You'd need to catalyse sulfur dioxide to sulfur trioxide, then keep bubbing the SO3 through water to actually make it.

Anyway I'm New Mexican... and even I have trouble with habenero. Appropriately enough, it even has Nero in it's name.

Tailfin
03-22-06, 07:34 AM
And I must add there is significance to having the raw habanero pepper. My friend and I took a bite out of one once...a regrettable experience...make sure you get the seeds, that's where the real heat is. I can take an itsy bite of the outer part without a drink and all...

You can build up a tolerance to the pains, ingestion and excretion lol... It won't affect you if you put up with it for a little while. I do think of it as fuel injector cleaner for your colon... Speaking of building that up, one thing really annoys me. I've built up a respectable tolerance for spicy food...and I love it. I love eating it, but my body doesn't let me. If I eat anything that has any significant heat to it, it gives me hiccups galore. I put up with it for a few minutes, then I can plow through...but it sucks lol. The food gives me hiccups LONG before I've reached my heat limit. I need a new epigilottis...

HotRodSaint
03-22-06, 09:36 AM
Anyway I'm New Mexican... and even I have trouble with habenero.

Maybe you 'new' Mexicans have trouble with habeneros, but Californio's were here before New Spain was called (old) Mexico!!

JC316
03-22-06, 12:42 PM
So you can appeciate the Habanero which is 125 times as hot as the Jalapeno. Your Seal would experience spontanious combustion.(actually that's a name for a brand of habanero sause)

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/jmm_07_burn_med.jpg

I am sorry, I dunno why I said Jalepeno, I meant Cayanne. Theses suckers were grown with hardly any water, which makes them HOT. I have eaten a Habenaro before, I would rather eat two for every one of those cayannes.

Tailfin
03-22-06, 02:57 PM
Those must have been some genetic mutant cayenne peppers... I don't think those are supposed to be that hot...but the cayenne flavor sure beats most in the pepper area if you ask me...

To hell with it, if you really wanna feel pain, take all of the above, stick them in a blender with salt and vineagar...leave in the pulp. I stuck my nose over the blender for one second doing this and I thought someone put acid in my sinuses :stirpot:

RobertCTS
03-22-06, 03:15 PM
Cayenne is rather mild. Here's the Scoville Heat Chart on all the Pepper.

http://wiw.org/~corey/chile/scoville.html (http://wiw.org/~corey/chile/scoville.html)

urbanski
03-22-06, 04:30 PM
lol

anybody tried this Magma stuff?
saw it on food tv...1Million units!!
http://www.sweatnspice.com/magma-hot-sauce.php

RobertCTS
03-22-06, 04:49 PM
lol

anybody tried this Magma stuff?
saw it on food tv...1Million units!!
http://www.sweatnspice.com/magma-hot-sauce.php

Braggard! The record in the Guiness Record book is 577 units.

70eldo
03-23-06, 04:22 AM
Braggard! The record in the Guiness Record book is 577 units.

Yes, for a fresh pepper. But in a sauce you can concentrate that, right? :confused:

RobertCTS
03-23-06, 04:33 AM
Yes, for a fresh pepper. But in a sauce you can concentrate that, right? :confused:

Ohhhhhhhh..concentrating a Habanero gives me great pain!!:eek:

urbanski
03-23-06, 06:46 AM
i'm pretty sure that's how Blair gets this Jersey stuff so hot by concentrating

now...who's first to volunteer the 1M unit Magma taste test? :p

davesdeville
03-23-06, 07:06 AM
Maybe you 'new' Mexicans have trouble with habeneros, but Californio's were here before New Spain was called (old) Mexico!!

Albuquerque is celebrating it's tricentennial this year, actually. Around 1536, Cabeza de Vaca made a lil trip around the southern end of my state.

We're hardly new. And if there's a national meet, I will personally be glad to get you a good habenero and watch you eat it. (Drinking a candle beforehand is not allowed :p )

i'm pretty sure that's how Blair gets this Jersey stuff so hot by concentrating

now...who's first to volunteer the 1M unit Magma taste test? :p

Buy me some and I'd be glad to. I think my tastebuds have recovered from the fiery foods festival I attended a few weeks ago. :bouncy:

70eldo
03-23-06, 07:49 AM
Buy me some and I'd be glad to. I think my tastebuds have recovered from the fiery foods festival I attended a few weeks ago. :bouncy:

That reminds me of that funny chili contest report that's been around by email in several languages. Your tongue must be like leather now... :D

Spyder
03-23-06, 11:18 AM
Anyone seen the Simpsons episode where he eats the pepper? Hahaha, one of the BEST ever.

Anyways, I'll try that Magma and report back if you send me some... :) Well, IIIII won't try it, but I know quite a few people who would, pictures and all!

Spyder
03-23-06, 11:21 AM
http://www.sweatnspice.com/1-8.htm

That's the stuff I use...taste is awesome, flavor is perfect! And its hotter than freaking Africa!

RobertCTS
03-23-06, 11:57 AM
I think it was mentioned that most of the heat resides in the seeds. Imagine harvesting the seeds of the Red Savina Habanero and grinding to a paste and dilute lightly with Horseradish sauce to a pudding consistancy. That would really make nice HOT dog.:lildevil: Maybe replace the hot dog with a Bahama Mamma!!

Jonas McFeely
03-23-06, 03:38 PM
Anyone seen the Simpsons episode where he eats the pepper? Hahaha, one of the BEST ever.

Anyways, I'll try that Magma and report back if you send me some... :) Well, IIIII won't try it, but I know quite a few people who would, pictures and all!

Grown deep in the jungle by inmates of a Guatemalan Insane Asylum

RobertCTS
03-23-06, 04:03 PM
Here's a trick I learned on the second burn. Lift up both toilet seats and let your buttocks rest in the cold water. This greatly reduces burns to the Cheeks. Later apply baby powder. Glad I could help.

Florian
03-23-06, 08:59 PM
I grow Habanero's and Scotch Bonnets in my garden for my chili fest every year. Those homegrowns are out of control. Many a time Ive had to hit the milk hard to put out the inferno!

F

Zorb750
03-23-06, 11:15 PM
I like the "100% Pain", a 100% habanero based sauce. My dad brought it back from a business trip to New Orleans a couple years ago. I order it now.

RobertCTS
03-24-06, 04:21 AM
I can't remember how many times I've said, "I'm not gonna put myself thru this again!" I think it's a man thing. I haven't seen any women hooked on the heat.

davesdeville
03-24-06, 05:25 AM
You should meet my aunt. I swear she could spray mace on her tongue, then snort a gram of the stuff, and not notice.