: Security System Add-on ** PICS **

Nasty Black Lac
03-20-06, 02:35 PM
Yesterday I bought a Derringer .22 Mag. I found a very convenient place to keep it. Hope you guys enjoy.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/chainsawallen/fd2598b0.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/chainsawallen/2d21387d.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/chainsawallen/2e843561.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/chainsawallen/ba7ff06f.jpg

jrs05caddyext
03-20-06, 03:36 PM
You guys are not playing around.:gun: :2thumbs:

tid9
03-20-06, 04:08 PM
That Derringer .22 Mag is great gun. I have one with black finish. Great weapon for personal protection.

Jermaine
Custom Car Audio Works
tid9@hotmail.com

Rolex
03-20-06, 05:56 PM
If I may, I'd like to recomend you load that thing with CCI shotshells in 22 magnum. Their lethality is questionable but they're damn effective when fired into the face of a would be attacker. I can't hit a thing with my NAA 22 WMR derringer revolver (and I shoot handguns competively), but the CCI shotshells make a nasty pattern at 7 yards. Otherwise I'd have to jam my derringer into the belly of my attacker to hit them.

Your mileage may vary.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/default.asp?menu=1&s1=3&pg=18&prod_id=9

Nasty Black Lac
03-20-06, 06:43 PM
If I may, I'd like to recomend you load that thing with CCI shotshells in 22 magnum.

I just bought the CCI 22 wmr hollow points and shot a few today. Are these the ones you are referring to?

I can't hit a thing with my NAA 22 WMR derringer revolver

Isn't that the truth! I took 8 shots today from pretty close range and had trouble hitting a paper plate.

jordan00escalade
03-20-06, 06:51 PM
I'm 6'2... Not that my height has anything to do with it, but those are way too small for my hands. I can grip a basketball easy, but I have a difficult time handling weapons of that size.

Rolex
03-20-06, 07:01 PM
double post

Rolex
03-20-06, 07:01 PM
I just bought the CCI 22 wmr hollow points and shot a few today. Are these the ones you are referring to?

Isn't that the truth! I took 8 shots today from pretty close range and had trouble hitting a paper plate.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/default.asp?menu=1&s1=3&pg=18&prod_id=9 (http://www.cci-ammunition.com/default.asp?menu=1&s1=3&pg=18&prod_id=9)

See the linky!!

ETA: these things turn your 22 WMR into a "little shotgun." You WILL hit everything you shoot at from a short distance.

Out of curiosity, are you licensed to carry a concealed weapon?

Nasty Black Lac
03-20-06, 10:34 PM

Absolutely. Yeah, I own several other weapons. There was a local gun show in Indy this weekend and I had a little money to burn!

jordan00escalade
03-21-06, 12:07 AM
Out of curiosity, are you licensed to carry a concealed weapon?[/quote]

The trick to that is... The weapon may not be conceled. By having a license to carry a firearm, it must be visible at all times. If you were to get pulled over you must have the firearm unloaded and on your passenger seat for the officer to see, then you must present your certificate.

Stuntless
03-21-06, 11:00 AM
Doesn't that depend on what state you're in?
Personally I think I'd rather hit someone in the mouth than try to shoot them with that thing, they might not even notice.

Rolex
03-21-06, 02:15 PM

The trick to that is... The weapon may not be conceled. By having a license to carry a firearm, it must be visible at all times. If you were to get pulled over you must have the firearm unloaded and on your passenger seat for the officer to see, then you must present your certificate.

The majority of states have adopted concealed carry permits for law abiding citizens. If you're licensed to carry concealed the firearm can never be out in plain view. Having the firearm in plain view can get you charged with brandishing a weapon, and your license to carry revoked.

Doesn't that depend on what state you're in?

It does indeed. Laws vary state to state with regards to how firearm can be carried.

Personally I think I'd rather hit someone in the mouth than try to shoot them with that thing, they might not even notice.

I figure you for one of these guys who believes all you need for self defense is your car keys sticking out from between your fingers, and a chance to punch someone with it. :bigroll: My 22 wmr revolver is the least powerful weapon I own, but there's not a soul alive that I couldn't stop with a properly placed shot from it. So swing away my friend, but remember only idiots bring fists to a gun/knife battle. When it comes to protecting my family from those who would seek to harm them, I'm not fist fighting anyone.

Synergetic
03-21-06, 05:59 PM
Let us know which of those 2 bullets you donate to!
I'm thinking about packing my Escalade, but still not sure.

Nasty Black Lac
03-22-06, 08:42 AM
www.packing.org (http://www.packing.org)

That's a great place to start checking gun laws.

In Indiana, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A PERSONAL PROTECTION LISCENSE, you can carry a loaded weapon concealed or not concealed in your automobile. I have no idea on other states, but I rarely pack out of state.

If it comes down to a true fight, I'm not taking a .22 Mag to the fight. I have a .40 cal Glock that holds a "bakers dozen" of hollow-points. That's my bread and butter. .22 Mag is for when all 13 of the .40 cals are exhausted.

I honestly feel like a little bit of a target now that I own a vehicle that is one of the most commonly stolen.

Nasty Black Lac
03-22-06, 08:46 AM

Not in Indiana. You DO have to provide documentation of Personal Protection License as soon as an officer ASKS for it.

flint-town_hustla
03-22-06, 09:01 AM
HAHAHA!! That thing is hilarious! Do you mind if I ask where you live? If you think two rounds of 22 mag. is sufficient protection, you must live in a very safe area, which is great. I also have a little bit of heat up in the slade, although slightly bigger (12 ga. mossburg pistol grip pump with 8 rounds of 00 Buck, Glock 9mm with 32 rd. mag. and + 1 in the chamber).

Nasty Black Lac
03-22-06, 09:31 AM
HAHAHA!! That thing is hilarious! Do you mind if I ask where you live? If you think two rounds of 22 mag. is sufficient protection, you must live in a very safe area, which is great. I also have a little bit of heat up in the slade, although slightly bigger (12 ga. mossburg pistol grip pump with 8 rounds of 00 Buck, Glock 9mm with 32 rd. mag. and + 1 in the chamber).

It's not about the stopping power, it's about the ability to keep something like this very CONCEALED.

Obviously, you couldn't conceal a shotgun or a handgun with 32 round clip in it.

Rolex
03-22-06, 06:13 PM
My 2 cents on handguns:

Any and all handguns lack sufficient stopping power in terms of their ballistics. They are either too weak, or they overpenetrate (not that they aren't lethal), which makes ammunition selection critical. Handguns are easy to carry, easy to conceal, and both of those allow you to keep it on your person which may save your life some day. If I ever have to use a handgun for defense I'm not going to be charging into battle with it. I'll use it to fend off my attacker while fleeing the situation or trying to find hard cover.

Given the choice of weapon to enter into a situation with I'll take a long rifle or a shotgun. Obviously both of those aren't practical for carrying concealed on your person, or in a vehicle console or glove box.

Rolex
03-23-06, 01:53 PM
I respectfully withdraw my previous recomendation to use shotshells in these little derringer pistols. They'd be worthless for defending yourself against an attacker. Here's an interesting study of the ballistic performance of these shells. Since I've read this I've decided to load CCI hollow points.

http://www.goldenloki.com/ammo/gel/22lr/gel22lr.htm

jordan00escalade
03-23-06, 11:32 PM
[quote=Rolex]The majority of states have adopted concealed carry permits for law abiding citizens. If you're licensed to carry concealed the firearm can never be out in plain view. Having the firearm in plain view can get you charged with brandishing a weapon, and your license to carry revoked.

We are talking about two different licenses to legally carry a firearm. I have no knowledge of this license your speaking on. CCW You may not have the fire arm loaded or even in the car with you (must remain in the truck, separated from the clip ie ammunition). Failure to comply with these terms, will have you arrested and prosecuted under, section 12031 BC (follow up on it). I posted some misleading information in the previous post. This information however, is accurate to the T. One thing about that CCW, your weapon can't be loaded.

Nasty Black Lac
03-24-06, 03:21 PM
[quote=Rolex]The majority of states have adopted concealed carry permits for law abiding citizens. If you're licensed to carry concealed the firearm can never be out in plain view. Having the firearm in plain view can get you charged with brandishing a weapon, and your license to carry revoked.

We are talking about two different licenses to legally carry a firearm. I have no knowledge of this license your speaking on. CCW You may not have the fire arm loaded or even in the car with you (must remain in the truck, separated from the clip ie ammunition). Failure to comply with these terms, will have you arrested and prosecuted under, section 12031 BC (follow up on it). I posted some misleading information in the previous post. This information however, is accurate to the T. One thing about that CCW, your weapon can't be loaded.

Just called a local gun shop to clarify my local law because internet reading is so vague.

In Indiana, if you have a Personal Protection License, you can carry as many loaded handguns concealed or in plain sight as you want in any vehicle. As for CA, I would imagine you guys have different laws. We are Hoosiers... lol

Uria702
03-24-06, 06:41 PM
all i know is if someone i tried to attack me and i had 2 shots, i wouldnt be trying to scare him off id shoot to kill.

Rolex
03-24-06, 11:10 PM
We are talking about two different licenses to legally carry a firearm. I have no knowledge of this license your speaking on.

There's no doubt if you're from California you have no idea what license I'm speaking of. The majority of states (not including CA of course) will allow you to take classes and obtain a license to carry a concealed (loaded) firearm on your person or in your vehicle. That means that the weapon MUST remain concealed at all times (specific to Arkansas). Each state is slightly diferent in their testing, where and how to carry, and their general laws about carrying firearms.....this is probably the main reason there's not a universal or national license, but several states honor other states' licenses. For example my Arkansas license is valid in Florida, Missouri, Idaho, Tennessee, Texas, and some other states I can't recall at the moment.

If there's anything I've learned it's not to rely on your local gun shop "expert" as an authority about firearm laws. One of the best sites on the internet for research is www.packing.org (http://www.packing.org). The list the finer points of each state's firearm laws, and whether or not they have CCW permits.