: 70 Deville convertible in Scotland...HELP!!

Scotcad
03-20-06, 01:18 AM
Hi all, glad to join such an active forum, I'm hoping a couple of fellow Caddie owners may be able to help me.I've recently bought a 70 Deville convertible and 76 Eldorado convertible (yes I am mad). They maybe a fairly common sight in the USA, but over here they stop all the traffic and turn every single head, and I mean every head.

As you can imagine parts here are non existant. I desperately need several exterior chrome trim parts, new carpet, hood switch and another couple of wee bits. These cars are occasionally used for weddings and other functions etc. Therefore i am trying to get them back to their original spec. If anyone can recommend websites of breakers or suppliers of parts for these cars would be a massive help.

How can I find out the original body, carpet and trim colours from the chassis number or other code on the car? Is their a database somewhere I can cross reference. Thanks for any help.

85_fleetwood
03-20-06, 01:43 AM
www.cadillacville.com

77CDV
03-20-06, 10:32 AM
First, congrats on your purchase of two very fine cars. I shudder to think of your petrol bills, though.:eek:

The first thing you must do is obtain a shop manual for each of these cars, and a dealer's data book, if you can get one. They will have a wealth of information you'll need to keep these cars right. I also recommend checking with the Cadillac & LaSalle Club's website (cadillaclasalleclub.com), specifically their technical and authenticity forum. There are people there who can tell you probably more than you ever cared to know about both your babies.

Parts are everywhere, especially e-bay. You may need to shop around for a good price.

Keep stopping traffic!

Craig