: So Cal Track Day April 7th

SoCalV
03-19-06, 10:33 PM
OK So Cal Vs. Save the date of Friday April 7th. www.buttonwillowraceway.com (http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/)

There’s been some discussion about a track day and I know some of you were a little bit nervous about being in a competitive environment the first time out with your daily driver. Here’s your chance to get on a race track and not sweat some punk with no car payments in a M3 taking you on the outside of a turn and having to see it on the damn finish board at the end of the day.

I am willing to spend some time with whoever wants to come out. I’ll give you the basics of getting around the track and we can do some “lead-follow” to show you the line. I think there are 1 or 2 other Vs that have been there and I am happy to coordinate with them to have a great time learning and doing things with your V that would never do on the street. Or at least you shouldn’t. It kind of “rings you out” and a half day could be plenty for most. I usually pull up after three to four 20 minute sessions. Especially if I feel my execution slipping away. Need to drive to work on Monday right!

That 7th is an open testing day which leads into a weekend sponsored by www.nasaproracing.com (http://www.nasaproracing.com/) I am not familiar with them and will personally be at the Long Beach Grand Prix Sat & Sun, but they look very organized and very prossibly have a professional instructor on Friday for those that are tired of hearing me mumble on.

$175 for Friday. It’s a great track that I have been to on a couple of occasions. It’s also a great time of year. Not 115 degrees that is. If I know you are coming, I’ll bring some clear, removable plastic sheets to protect your paint on the front end. I suggest being there the night before. Track opens at 7AM, drivers meeting at 8:30 AM. The Motel 6 or the Super 8 are cheap places to stay the night before and we can have dinner and talk about the track if people want.

I’m scheduled in. What say you guys?