: Garage lighting

lasstss
03-19-06, 09:15 PM
If any of you are looking for some excellent lighting check out Full spectrum solutions. http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com/commercial_lighting_fixtures_35_ctg.htm

I bought 2 of these fixtures and you damn near need sunglasses! Its like being out in the sun!

DansCTSV
03-20-06, 07:42 AM
Thanks, I've been looking for good lighting for my garage. I am not sure how many of those I would need. How big is your garage? Mine is 28' x 40'. I am thinking I would need 4 fixtures.

lasstss
03-20-06, 08:18 AM
Thanks, I've been looking for good lighting for my garage. I am not sure how many of those I would need. How big is your garage? Mine is 28' x 40'. I am thinking I would need 4 fixtures.

4 would work. I put 2 of these in my high bay. Mt garage is about 24 X25'.

03-20-06, 08:52 AM

28 by 40???? holy crap! What I wouldn't give for that much garage......

lars464
03-20-06, 01:21 PM
I put several dozen of them in my work place a few weeks ago. What a difference they make.

haveboost
03-20-06, 06:12 PM
Anybody intersted I'm a lighting distributor. I'm sure we can provide a better product at a better price.

DansCTSV
03-20-06, 09:34 PM
Anybody interested I'm a lighting distributor. I'm sure we can provide a better product at a better price.

I am interested. As I said above, my garage is 28 x 40 with 12 ft ceilings. I have been trying to decide what type of lights to install and how many. There isn't a lot of info on this out there to be found. I live in NE so I don't really want fluorescent lights because they don't do real well in the cold.

Thanks, Dan

ctsvett
03-21-06, 01:21 AM
Trying to keep this place clean (and I think other forum members might like to hear about this)...

moving it to the lounge.

Reed

EcSTSatic
03-21-06, 07:50 AM
My 20X30 garage is detached. It's insulated but it still gets cold. I have 3 dual 8' flourescent tubes. I had to go to H.O. (high output) fixtures and tubes because normal tubes would not light up in the cold. I think 4' fixtures and tubes would have worked but I like the longer ones.
Just FYI.

RobertCTS
03-21-06, 08:32 AM
My 20X30 garage is detached. It's insulated but it still gets cold. I have 3 dual 8' flourescent tubes. I had to go to H.O. (high output) fixtures and tubes because normal tubes would not light up in the cold. I think 4' fixtures and tubes would have worked but I like the longer ones.
Just FYI.

Don't you love trying to wheel those long a$$ tubes thru the store and sticking them in your ride and getting them home without them exploding?
I have 6" tubes in my garage and basement.

Spyder
03-21-06, 09:44 AM
Argghh!! I JUST finished wiring and installing two fixtures, for a total of 16 feet of flourescent tubing in my garage. I used to only have one fixture with two four foot bulbs, and it just was NOT enough. Now, I added in a second on/off switch on the other end of the garage, seperate switches for one row of lights and about a half dozen new outlets around the perimeter of the garage, along with a four hole outlet overhead in the dead center of the garage. (I'm rather tall and can reach the rafters easily without stepping on anything). Took me a while of standing in Osh looking at various shop lights to decide which ones I want, I finally just closed my eyes and grabbed the mid-priced ones that came with bulbs already in the package.

iametarq
03-21-06, 10:17 AM
damn those are expensive.

mccombie_5
03-21-06, 11:59 AM
Argghh!! I JUST finished wiring and installing two fixtures, for a total of 16 feet of flourescent tubing in my garage. I used to only have one fixture with two four foot bulbs, and it just was NOT enough. Now, I added in a second on/off switch on the other end of the garage, seperate switches for one row of lights and about a half dozen new outlets around the perimeter of the garage, along with a four hole outlet overhead in the dead center of the garage. (I'm rather tall and can reach the rafters easily without stepping on anything). Took me a while of standing in Osh looking at various shop lights to decide which ones I want, I finally just closed my eyes and grabbed the mid-priced ones that came with bulbs already in the package.

My dad and I just did his garage last year, did something similar, spent alot of tiem doing it, then it was all ripped out to be made into a room!