: How to pull engine codes and where to find?

95Concours
01-11-04, 12:45 PM
Please see second message thanks, I am new to this so sorry if I made a mess of my message....

Hello,

I recently purchased a 95 deville concours (4.6 N. Star).. The service engine light came on (it comes on and off) how do I pull the codes and is there a list anywhere online thats tells you which each one means? Thank you.

95Concours
01-11-04, 12:47 PM
I did the diagnosis, but it came up with no codes at all, does the car have to be on? Also, like it said, the 'service light' comes on, stays for awhile , then goes off only to come back on after a while.. Is this normal?

Besides, the that light, the car is runnign smooth and wonderful, it id easily the best and most comfortable car I have ever owned, I will own a cadillac from now on, im hooked...

jcdsog
01-13-04, 04:53 AM
it should keep some codes in history. you could try clearing out all codes....drive the car around....wait to see if the the problem comes back...and if so put the car in park (with engine still running) and check for any codes then. there should be one/some in either "current" or "history"