: Audio System in Escalade

JonathanH
03-19-06, 06:42 PM
Hi, is it possible to get an external audio system on an escalade, so you can play music while you drive and people on the outside can hear it, not just people IN the car. Thanks for help.

Synergetic
03-19-06, 09:40 PM
I'm sure its possible. But if I was you, I would keep these ideas to yourself. This way - you get the props for this. I'm not sure if it has been done, with an Escalade. Ive seen a few vehicles with it done.

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-19-06, 11:34 PM
A friend of mine has it done with his Hummer H1. It was setup so you could use it as a loud speaker like cops have in their cars. He converted it and had it hooked up to the radio and it can now play music as well. It's real cool when we are all outside and he can just turn it on.

Thanks.

JonathanH
03-20-06, 11:55 AM
I'm sure its possible. But if I was you, I would keep these ideas to yourself. This way - you get the props for this. I'm not sure if it has been done, with an Escalade. Ive seen a few vehicles with it done.

why should I keep theses ideas to myself? sorry, i am not from the USA, I didnt get what you mean with getting the props for this.

THanks.

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-20-06, 12:03 PM
why should I keep theses ideas to myself? sorry, i am not from the USA, I didnt get what you mean with getting the props for this.

THanks.

John, this is a good thing. He means that if you kept these ideas to yourself you will be the first one to do it because no one will take your idea. He just wants you to be able to have it done first and say, "I thought of this and here it is." You will get the props for it meaning you will get the credit for it. I hope this clears it up.

Thanks.

JonathanH
03-20-06, 12:22 PM
John, this is a good thing. He means that if you kept these ideas to yourself you will be the first one to do it because no one will take your idea. He just wants you to be able to have it done first and say, "I thought of this and here it is." You will get the props for it meaning you will get the credit for it. I hope this clears it up.

Thanks.

Ah, I see, thanks a lot :)

ewill3rd
03-20-06, 12:29 PM
Are you building a show car or is this your daily driver?

If it's one you drive every day, I must let you know that I have a radio in my car and it works just fine.
I don't need to, nor do I want to listen to yours.
In fact most municipalities have noise ordinances that you'd most likely end up in violation of.

If you are building a car for show, more power to you, hope it works out.

hcvone
03-20-06, 01:26 PM
Are you building a show car or is this your daily driver?

If it's one you drive every day, I must let you know that I have a radio in my car and it works just fine.
I don't need to, nor do I want to listen to yours.
In fact most municipalities have noise ordinances that you'd most likely end up in violation of.

If you are building a car for show, more power to you, hope it works out.

What he said. :) I have several customers that I can hear them driving up my driveway in their cars and trucks, I like loud music but these are too loud.

Falkolade
03-20-06, 03:30 PM
I have been a cited for my local city's noise ordinace violation... the law was if you sound system can be heard farther than 100 feet away from your vehicle, you we're breaking the law... its not a moving violation, but you have to go to muni court for it... in court the cop could not "prove" he could hear it from 100 ft so the "plea bargin"... (hah i feel like a criminal)... was to donate 30 bucks to united way...

mind you this all happened with the stock bose system... using the cd playa

Synergetic
03-20-06, 06:03 PM
I have been a cited for my local city's noise ordinace violation... the law was if you sound system can be heard farther than 100 feet away from your vehicle, you we're breaking the law... its not a moving violation, but you have to go to muni court for it... in court the cop could not "prove" he could hear it from 100 ft so the "plea bargin"... (hah i feel like a criminal)... was to donate 30 bucks to united way...

mind you this all happened with the stock bose system... using the cd playa

LOL!