: Cadillac Owners

1toycad
01-11-04, 10:42 AM
I own a Cadillac and I also own a couple of Benzes. I belong to a Mercedes owners forum. Since joining this forum I have noticed one major difference between Benz owners and Cadillac owners. Benz owners, for the most part, are paranoid about their cars. If their cars (our cars, since I own a couple myself) just as much as sneezes, they run around like crazy trying to find out what the sneeze is all about. The questions on the Benz Forum Tech Advice thread sometimes border on the ridiculous. (I've occasionally been guilty of the same behavior :canttalk: )

Caddy owners, on the other hand, seem to be far more relaxed. Sure, we worry about our cars, but if our cars are running in less-than-perfect condition we don't get all uptight about it.

What do the rest of you think?

Are Caddy owners uptight-anal about their cars? :worship:

Or are Caddy owners happy-go-lucky people who just want to enjoy their rides? :D

What camp do you all fall in?:histeric:

PhillyCaddy
01-11-04, 12:07 PM
Hey 1toy, all I can say is that for me personaly, im out to have fun with my car. If it wants to spit or sputter then so be it. I will just find the problem out and fix it when I find the problem. The only time I worry is when I must make a trip, and something happens like the night before I must go to New York the caddy blows it water pump. so I just fixed it and the next day off to the big apple. Other then that it can do as it pleases.

BeelzeBob
01-12-04, 01:08 AM
I'm not too worried - as long as it's driving well and not embarrasing me with squeaks and squeels.. I don't worry too much.. I can understand why Mercedes owners would be so worried about their cars, though.. The repairs must be astronomical.. I can't drive a car that doesn't give me peace of mind...

Big Jim
01-13-04, 04:09 AM
The times, they are a' changin' but my general impression is that european cars tend to be more critically engineered while their American cousins are built with a little more tolerance for abuse. With that in mind, little european problems quiclky become expensive problems. American cars don't seem to need to be just 100% to be happy and continue running without complaining.

BeelzeBob
01-14-04, 09:13 AM
One other wierd point. Americans don't mind buying a car with wide gaps and crooked components inside.. Strange...