Cadillac Owners Forum banner

rear hub

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  lamrith 
#1 ·
Well I've been fighting with these rear hub for an hour and can't seem to get the axel shaft to slide out. I've heated it up, lifted everything up to try an allow for maximum room.. No luck. I can get it to slide back about an inch .. Inch an half and it seems like hammering it doesn't do anymore at this point and also I do not want to mushroom the shaft either. Any tips? Thanks

#7 ·
Hey guys, I believe I have a front wheel hub going, b/c I'm making a damned squeaking noise. I've found a guy with a couple of new take-off STS-V sets of OEM AC-Delco front hubs, OEM Brembo front calipers, and OEM front rotors. Is there anyone else with interest in a quantity purchase of any of these items with me? I think I can get the set of 2 hubs shipped to us for $250 if we order en masse, which is at least $100 off the cheapest I've seen online for good bearings.

I can get prices and quantities of the front Brembo rotors and front Brembo calipers as well if anyone is interested. All New Take Off, OEM.

#10 ·
Wanted to update, as in I FINALLY got a weekend with no rain and No pre-scheduled family events so that I could tackle this.

Thanks Tim for the added info. I ended up actually just pulling the knuckle completely out since it was just hanging there because of tension anyway.. Why mess with fitting box end wrenched behind the Axle shaft when you can just use an impact on them! Second side was much easier than 1st side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.