: Well, my first compliment after one day

Kadonny
03-19-06, 09:31 AM
I am already finding excuses for places to drive to :bouncy:

So last night I make a run to Dunkin Donuts for some coffee. I was getting on it a bit right before I pull in to the lot.

I get out and a guy was standing there just staring. He says "damn, what in that thing". I was like :worship: a 400 hp V8. He says "god, that thing sounds sweet", I thank him and walk in for my coffee with a big grin on my face.

I already love this car, and I already love my Corsa!

CVP33
03-19-06, 09:48 AM
Can't get gas, can't stop at a red light and can't park in a parking lot without someone saying something or a least craning their necks to get a look. Now you know how Ferrari drivers feel. I doubt Corvettes get this much attention on the road anymore with so many out there. :highfive:

fig32
03-19-06, 10:30 AM
You CVP,
My corvette with Corsa gets plenty of attention. I actually hope when I pick up my silver V early next month that it gets a little less attention than my vette from the boys in blue. Can't wait to get it and it already has the corsa.
Peace!

Mark

CVP33
03-19-06, 10:44 AM
I see about 10 C6 corvettes a day where I live and seldom give them a second glance (unless it's a DSOM, my favorite color). I've seen 4 other CTS-V's in 3 years and two of them were other forum members that came by to see me. The CTS-V's are just more rare and hence seem to cause more of a stir when sighted.

ahahnu
03-19-06, 11:30 AM
Last night I was at 711 waiting for my friend inside, when an suv of young hotties roll up. As they get out I saw them more then glancing and giggling. Anyone that has appreciation for cars will agree- its hott.

theformer
03-19-06, 11:47 AM
I just had mine tinted yesterday and the guys couldn't stop complimenting mine either. A month into ownership, the fellows at work stilll can't asking me, "How's the car?", "How fast have you gotten it up to?", etc.

It's gotten much more talk than another employee's GTO. Score one for Cadillac.

thebigjimsho
03-19-06, 12:10 PM
I tend to think that when everyone knows what you've got, it's an understood thing and there's no need to talk about it.

When you've got a wolf in sheeps clothing, people who know or have heard about it want to talk about what seems to be an anomoly.

Kadonny
03-19-06, 12:21 PM
I tell you what, I have yet to hear the B&B system or the Mangaflow, but the Corsa is nasty when you lay into it. Perfect system for me, my wife likes it when I baby it, but when I am alone.......forget it, time to make some noise.

heavymetals
03-19-06, 12:25 PM
Now that I have mine running again (anyone need a valve job?), I have had three people and two small groups ask me what the hell is under the hood.

The new lifters are noisy and still "seating in" and the exhaust has this really neat "bark" now.:highfive:

It has been commented that it sounds like a NASCAR.:eek:

The looks on their faces when I pop the hood makes the bruised knuckles worth it.:thumbsup:

++Fixx++
03-19-06, 12:59 PM
The most common question I get from folks in my area is (Hey, is that the fast one?):) I usually reply modestly that yea its pretty quick. The Magnaflow sounds very cool through all ranges IMO. Since the install I get more long stares when she is rolling due to the awesome sound and I'm not even getting on it. I am having a very hard time keeping the miles off my V! Has anyone ever noticed that when there is something worth racing that your wife and kids happen to be with you?:(

++Fixx++

CIWS
03-19-06, 01:54 PM
Glad to hear you've gotten your car Kadonny and are getting to enjoy it after waiting these weeks. Congrats.

bsteven43
03-19-06, 07:40 PM
Kadonny - Have you had your '06 V on a dyno yet? How much was the Corsa set up?

Kadonny
03-19-06, 08:01 PM
Glad to hear you've gotten your car Kadonny and are getting to enjoy it after waiting these weeks. Congrats.

Thanks CIWS, it was worth the wait. I am so glad I got this car, and I am loving every minute. I can only hope and pray that 1 year, 2 years and 3 years from now I feel the same way. Right now, I love this f****** car!

Pics to come tomorrow :D

bsteven, dyno? Hell, I just picked it up on Friday, give me some time brotha :thumbsup: . And the Corsa I bargained into the deal, so exact price I did not ask him to break out.

thebigjimsho
03-19-06, 10:25 PM
Glad to hear you've gotten your car Kadonny and are getting to enjoy it after waiting these weeks. Congrats.Weeks? This guy's been around so long, I've considered him one of the old-timers here. For awhile, I didn't even know that he didn't own a V.

CIWS
03-20-06, 05:20 AM
I could be wrong, but it seems like he's had the car ordered for about 6-8 weeks ? Yeah he's been around posting a while for sure, but it can be a biotch to put something on order like this car and then have to wait several weeks while you read about other drivers escapades with theirs. Then to finally get yours and actually drive it and get compliments on it, is just coolio.
:thumbsup:

03-20-06, 05:47 AM
Congrats on finally getting the car Kadonny. I hope it treats you right.

The other day I was driving through my neighborhood and one lawn guy saw me, tapped his buddy on the shoulder, and pointed to the car; they both gave me a thumbs up. Nobody ever does that when I am in the Suburban or in my wife's miniv....er...uh, I mean my wife's car......though I still get that treatment (mostly from kids) when I drive my 5.0...

Does it matter? Not really, but its kind of fun nonetheless.

Let me know when you are gonna drop off the 'bird.....

Doug

Kadonny
03-20-06, 08:13 AM
Weeks? This guy's been around so long, I've considered him one of the old-timers here. For awhile, I didn't even know that he didn't own a V.

I know Jim, I been here over a year, maybe longer. Its been that long since I have had my eye on this car, I was just buying time until my old lease ran up.

And I ordered my car in the third week of January, so it took a solid 8 weeks for delivery, but worth the wait!

Well, my time has come :highfive:

PS. Pics in another thread I just posted, check em out.