: Moved from CTS to the CTS-V!

CTSDreams
03-19-06, 06:25 AM
Hi to all... I just picked up my 2006 CTS-V last night. Traded my 2003 CTS in for it. WHile I have been on the CTS forum for the past year or so, new to checking out the CTS-V forum. Any immediate problem areas, concerns, or "must have" mods with the 06 model I should be aware of???

Hope to talk with some of you soon...

CVP33
03-19-06, 06:34 AM
Must haves:

CAI
CAG's eliminator (by now you've already discovered being forced to shift from 1-4)
Exhaust
Goodyear GS D3's (staggered 245/45 up front and 275/40 in back - yes they'll fit)

Great to haves:

Headers
Tune

Peace of mind to haves:

Clear bra
Extended warranty (if you intend to keep it longer than the warranty, you'll rest easier with one of these)

Congratulations on the purchase! :thumbsup:

CTSDreams
03-19-06, 07:01 AM
Must haves:

CAI
CAG's eliminator (by now you've already discovered being forced to shift from 1-4)
Exhaust
Goodyear GS D3's (staggered 245/45 up front and 275/40 in back - yes they'll fit)

Great to haves:

Headers
Tune

Peace of mind to haves:

Clear bra
Extended warranty (if you intend to keep it longer than the warranty, you'll rest easier with one of these)

Congratulations on the purchase! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info.. this will give me something to start with..

BADAZGN
03-19-06, 07:17 AM
Condrats!!! Enjoy thge car. I love mine.

I see you got the fast color too! :D What color Interior?

Matthew

CVP33
03-19-06, 09:57 AM
I wish I'd gotten the clear bra when I first bought my 2005. $4-$500 installed vs. $500 for a repainted front end every year. My other advice would be, if warranty is not a concern, forgo all the BS mod's. I spent in excess of $8,000 in little stuff that adds up. If I had it to do over, I'd have found a mod-friendly dealer and installed a Magna Charger.

dqw1
03-19-06, 11:27 AM
Wish I put a clear bra on also. I think it's a must have.
Welcome!!!!

Geno
03-19-06, 11:45 AM
Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll enjoy your ride..."V"s are lot of fun. The car really is a master of the twisties.

Whether you go with enhancing the exterior or adding HP, you'll have fun.

A great group of guys here on this forum, including one SRT8 guy.:highfive:

thebigjimsho
03-19-06, 12:06 PM
Like CVP33 said, if you want big power, just get a Maggie and a tune and be done with it.

But there is some great gains to be made with possibly better longevity with heads/cams, headers and catback, CAI and a StealthV tune. Better if you will be tracking your V alot.

Depending if you are a corner enthusaist, Ground Control coilovers with the GM FG2 shocks and Hotchkis sway bars are getting rave reviews(the coilovers aren't yet available for purchase).

Tires, well, do a search for those. Wildly different opinions.

Kadonny
03-19-06, 12:24 PM
Welcome to the madness!

heavymetals
03-19-06, 12:27 PM
UUC & Maggie.

All you will need, but not all you will want.:thepan:

CVP33
03-19-06, 12:35 PM
Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll enjoy your ride..."V"s are lot of fun. The car really is a master of the twisties.

Whether you go with enhancing the exterior or adding HP, you'll have fun.

A great group of guys here on this forum, including one SRT8 guy.:highfive:

And here's a guy that did it right. Clear bra installed immediately and S/C, plus cam and valve train. Why do engineers always have to think things through and then come up with the most logical decision? Doesn't that get boring after a while Geno? :highfive:

CIWS
03-19-06, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the V and this forum. :welcome:

I'm sure you'll hate the difference between the CTS and the CTS-V. All that added power and handling will simply be terrible for you I'm sure ;)

Definately get a "Clear Bra" ASAP before the front end gets eaten up too much. I had mine put on just last week and you can tell where I've already had hits and used touch up paint to try and hide them. The sooner the better IMO.

DILLIGAF
03-19-06, 01:28 PM
Welcome!First thing you need to relize is,you're too good to hang out with the regular cts guys now.Sorry,i'm sure they were ok people.

Merle Corey
03-19-06, 05:39 PM
and yes, it's time to wash it again...
:rant2:

wildwhl
03-19-06, 06:31 PM
I thought the only must do mods were Urby and Reed :hmm:

This is what CVP told me at least :confused:

CVP33
03-19-06, 06:43 PM
I thought the only must do mods were Urby and Reed :hmm:

This is what CVP told me at least :confused:

LOL. Best post of the weekend! :highfive:

V-SATX
03-19-06, 06:46 PM
:welcome: !CAGS & UUC Shifter & as I should do a clear bra.

BADAZGN
03-19-06, 07:26 PM
I wish the previous owner of my car had bought a clear bra! Tons of little specs all over it!

Matthew

CTSDreams
03-19-06, 07:44 PM
Condrats!!! Enjoy thge car. I love mine.

I see you got the fast color too! :D What color Interior?

Matthew

Black on black.... I sort of liked the black with the cashmere interior that my previous one had... but I guess the Black interior will grow on me.

CTSDreams
03-19-06, 07:46 PM
I wish I'd gotten the clear bra when I first bought my 2005. $4-$500 installed vs. $500 for a repainted front end every year. My other advice would be, if warranty is not a concern, forgo all the BS mod's. I spent in excess of $8,000 in little stuff that adds up. If I had it to do over, I'd have found a mod-friendly dealer and installed a Magna Charger.

Thanks.... I agree with the clear bra idea. It doesn't take long for the black color to take some hits.....

CTSDreams
03-19-06, 07:55 PM
Like CVP33 said, if you want big power, just get a Maggie and a tune and be done with it.

But there is some great gains to be made with possibly better longevity with heads/cams, headers and catback, CAI and a StealthV tune. Better if you will be tracking your V alot.

Depending if you are a corner enthusaist, Ground Control coilovers with the GM FG2 shocks and Hotchkis sway bars are getting rave reviews(the coilovers aren't yet available for purchase).

Tires, well, do a search for those. Wildly different opinions.

Of course you realize that this will make it harder for me to tell my son that he is wasting his money by adding all the mods he did to his WRX STi....Maybe I can hide anything I do to the car so he thinks I kept it in stock form....

thebigjimsho
03-19-06, 10:19 PM
Of course you realize that this will make it harder for me to tell my son that he is wasting his money by adding all the mods he did to his WRX STi....Maybe I can hide anything I do to the car so he thinks I kept it in stock form....muahahahahahahahahahahahaha............... .

I also have the clear-bra. A MUST DO if you plan on keeping it mint and longer than a year. With how well the rear of my V held up after getting clocked by a drunk girl, I wish I clear-brad that. I'd be without a scratch!

CTSV05
03-20-06, 12:40 PM
Velcome!!!

You are in for a great ride....all problems considered.

V-Smooth
03-20-06, 12:50 PM
Where did you guys get the 'clear bra' installed? Dealer? :hmm:

CVP33
03-20-06, 06:16 PM
Of course you realize that this will make it harder for me to tell my son that he is wasting his money by adding all the mods he did to his WRX STi....Maybe I can hide anything I do to the car so he thinks I kept it in stock form....

A family that mod's together................