: pics of my 77 Coupe Deville

Cadboy425
03-19-06, 02:07 AM
Here are pics of my '77 Coupe Deville in Jennifer blue w/light blue leather interior. I bought the car with 76k orig in 1997 from the original owner. It currently has 80k on it. I've replaced the bumpers with rechromed parts. The grill was replaced w/ a mint grill i got off ebay. The emblems were NOS replacements as where the wire hubcaps, mirrors, doorhandles all NOS parts. The steering wheel is restored (thanks to Gary's steering wheel restorations)after looking for a mint wheel gave up cause most are cracked or missing the wood inlay trim and finding the wood trim around the horn trim is next to impossible. Luckily I found the wood trim through a caddy/lassalle club member who just happened to have an extra NOS in the orig. plastic wrap. As for the paint, the original owner told me she repainted it in 1984. Looks great as is , last time i took it to a Caddy/Lassalle club regional show took 3rd place in 1999. They told me i really need to detail the engine and the chasis for judging. The judge a woman in her 60s told me she and her husband would spend weekends under their caddy scrubbing and cleanin the chasis of their 67 Conv. um..yeah right!! i'm never doing that....so its never been to a show since.

addison_ii
03-19-06, 02:18 AM
That's a nice Coupe you have there. :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-06, 02:24 AM
Very clean man, very clean!

The Ape Man
03-19-06, 08:13 AM
Great example of a great car. Looks like you have plenty of options on it too.

Destroyer
03-19-06, 08:38 AM
Nice!:thumbsup:

Cadboy425
03-19-06, 10:29 AM
Option-wise the car has the power pulldown/remote trunk release, outside thermometer, leather, signal seeking stereo, illuminated vanity mirror, twilight sentinel, dual mirrors and still have the original floor mats, I added the wire caps found a NOS set (2 sets actually one for driving one for show). When i moved to NYC I put her in storage and had to sell my rarer 77 Sedan Deville w/ no vinyl top, fuel injection, CB and split seats. I wish I had the fuel injected setup in my CDV. That SDV really moved but it had trunk leakage/trunk rust issues.

Night Wolf
03-19-06, 11:37 AM
Brings back memories :(

Its looking great! :).

Now add the 2nd pin strip from the fender and follow the line into the door....

Cadboy425
03-19-06, 12:48 PM
Thanks...sorry to hear about your 79. Love your last year 93 Coupe Deville though!!

Jonas McFeely
03-19-06, 12:56 PM
Beautiful,love the color.

Benzilla
03-19-06, 06:12 PM
They actually looked at the chassis? I knew you had too keep the engine clean, but damn! Beautiful caddy man. ever seen Goodfellas?

Cadboy425
03-19-06, 06:30 PM
Yeah the woman who was obviously in her 60s or older got down on her back and looked up and told her husband it was dirty and they wrote that down on the judging sheets.

Destroyer
03-19-06, 07:06 PM
Beautiful,love the color.Wondering if its rarer than Sage green aren't ya?:alchi:

77CDV
03-19-06, 07:08 PM
Yeah, the CLC is very hardcore about shows and judging. That's why whenever I show my 77 at their shows, it's display only, because there's no way in hell I'm steam cleaning the undercarriage. :rant2:

I'm happy with her as a pretty driver.

Craig

Jonas McFeely
03-19-06, 07:23 PM
Wondering if its rarer than Sage green aren't ya?:alchi:

Actually no,because its a 77 COUPE DEVILLE,not an 80's BROUGHAM.

Benzilla
03-19-06, 07:44 PM
I show my '83 Coupe Deville, and I keep the engine clean but I've never cleaned the undercarriage, and no judge has ever looked eather. then again, the only shows in my area are put on by dumbass rednecks with '40 fords and chevy trucks... maby thats why.

Chris 82 coupe
03-20-06, 08:22 AM
Sweet ride! I absolutely love the blue interior. Great job keeping that cream puff in top condition.

KaddyKat
03-20-06, 10:00 AM
that is awsome, I want it:green:

77CDV
03-20-06, 10:21 AM
Wondering if its rarer than Sage green aren't ya?:alchi:

Oh, for heaven's sake, Destroyer, lay off the boy already! Granted, he's a bit, um, enthusiastic about that particular color green, but we all have our quirks. He's apologized for some rather poorly chosen personal remarks. Please let it go.

Craig

Jonas McFeely
03-20-06, 04:31 PM
Oh, for heaven's sake, Destroyer, lay off the boy already! Granted, he's a bit, um, enthusiastic about that particular color green, but we all have our quirks. He's apologized for some rather poorly chosen personal remarks. Please let it go.

Craig

Thank you sir.I dont take it seriously,but for real,i appologized and the guy keeps starting things.Who's the kid here again? I could have sworn he said he had a wife and kids...

urbanski
03-20-06, 04:33 PM
Thank you sir.I dont take it seriously,but for real,i appologized and the guy keeps starting things.Who's the kid here again? I could have sworn he said he had a wife and kids...
thanks for taking the high road.

Jonas McFeely
03-20-06, 04:44 PM
thanks for taking the high road.

Thank you.I will continue to try and keep a good attitude.