: Going to look at an 05 V

Adam
03-19-06, 12:43 AM
going to look at an 05 V monday. they want 42k for it so you all wish me luck! i'm gonna see how low i can get it for and all that. anything i should look for or anything? words of advice? thanks all. here's the pic:

http://www.courtesychevysubaru.com/admin/carphotos/060215111516.jpg

CVP33
03-19-06, 12:48 AM
I think you can find a 2006 in this price range. Do yourself a favor and try to find a 2006 or at least a 2005 with a recently replaced rear differential. I think you'll be happier in the long run. There is also a thread with some prices quoted that were in that range for 2006's. Try Chesrown in Newark, OH too.

Adam
03-19-06, 12:50 AM
I think you can find a 2006 in this price range. Do yourself a favor and try to find a 2006 or at least a 2005 with a recently replaced rear differential. I think you'll be happier in the long run. There is also a thread with some prices quoted that were in that range for 2006's. Try Chesrown in Newark, OH too.

mmmm, 42k is stretching it for me, i doubt i could afford a newer one. i will check though on that rear diff, thanks! i hope like hell i can get it. i'll check Chesrown too, got a link?

CVP33
03-19-06, 12:52 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/68484-2005-cts-v-w-550-miles.html?highlight=Chesrown

Post #11. Chesrown - 2006 CTS-V, $41,500 and it's certified. 5 yr. / 100K mile bumper to bumper warranty.

nikon
03-19-06, 12:52 AM
how many miles?? I just picked my 05 up with 6k on the clock for little less than 40k....it looks pretty clean, I cant tell if it has a roof or not though.

Adam
03-19-06, 12:54 AM
just over 4k on the clock i believe is what the site says:

www.courtesychevysubaru.com

just click on Cadillac and scroll down.

CVP33- thanks bro! i ll check it out and we'll see. cant get anything too concrete until monday when i talk to the bank.

Adam
03-19-06, 12:57 AM
wow CVP you actually gave me some leverage there, i might be able to talk them down to 37k, if so i might be coming home in a V monday.

nikon
03-19-06, 12:57 AM
well, Im sure you can dick em down another 1-2k maybee more what color interior?? looks good, let us know what happens.

Adam
03-19-06, 01:03 AM
thanks. i am pretty good at getting the prices down. my CTS went from 30k to 24,6k. they didnt have a V at the time (uh used) so i got a 1sc 03 and i needed a car quick. now i am getting the itch and the V is the only medicine. im gonna try like hell to get it.

Adam
03-19-06, 01:04 AM
oh interior looks black from the pics, havent seen it upclose yet. i passed it the other day and i just gotta go back. i might stop by and look at it tommorrow after church. and i cant tell if it has a sunroof or not, i think it does.

heavymetals
03-19-06, 01:22 AM
You should be able to get them down a few grand.

I think the sunroof was only an option on the 04's

urbanski
03-19-06, 09:05 AM
hey low
that's too expensive
try e-bay or call chesrown.
you may have to travel a bit, but 05s should go for mid-30s.
and that one looks like the wheels are dirty, and may be etched with brake dust from non-cleaning.
echo the comments about the diff. Search the part number for the 06 diff here, make sure any used non-06 has the updated diff, and the updated radiator. Saves you the headaches of 2 repairs that WILL eventually be needed.

CVP33
03-19-06, 10:53 AM
Anyway you look at it, used CTS-V's with certified warranty have got to be the performance bargain of a lifetime. 2005's for $35K and 2006's demo's for $42K? Kind of hard to beat that. Kind of impossible actually.

Adam
03-19-06, 02:11 PM
i looked at it today just to get an upclose look at it. it doesnt have a warranty! i should be able to talk them way down especially without the warranty. Urby- the wheels have been cleaned up but the car is a little dirty. they had another 05 on the lot but it was over in the new and going for 53k. do you think i can talk them into the mid 30s? if so then i'll probably be leaving the lot tommorrow with a V. it does have black interior and its got Nav. so i am guessing this one is loaded. so what do you all think? how far do you think i can talk them down.

urbanski
03-19-06, 02:15 PM
all Vs are loaded, roof and the engine block heater being the only options. Even the 06s have the roof standard.

Mid30s from a dealer? I dunno man, you know dealers are the worst. mid-30s from a private seller is more likely. like cvp said, a used 05 for 35 is a dream deal. even at 38 its still great.

Adam
03-19-06, 02:19 PM
all Vs are loaded, roof and the engine block heater being the only options. Even the 06s have the roof standard.

Mid30s from a dealer? I dunno man, you know dealers are the worst. mid-30s from a private seller is more likely. like cvp said, a used 05 for 35 is a dream deal. even at 38 its still great.

true, i figure at 38 is the lowest possible. all i can do is try. i have dealt with this dealership before, i got them to drop almost 6k off my CTS so i can get them down on this one im sure. NO WARRANTY THOUGH!!!!!!! that is what sucks, i dont know why it doesnt have one.

joshdctsv
03-19-06, 02:26 PM
4k miles and no warranty? That cant be right.

Which brings up another point when looking at used cars right now... make sure it didnt come from New Orleans, etc.

Adam
03-19-06, 02:28 PM
yeah that is what it said, had that X next to "As is no warranty." i will find out tommorrow why not. its not from New Orleans though, local trade.

sonjaab
03-19-06, 02:36 PM
93........Wilber-Duck GM dealer Oneida NY has/had a o4 V black w/roof
15k miles for $29k.......................

Adam
03-19-06, 02:41 PM

DAMN!!!!!!!!!! that would be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really wish it was local though, i mean i dont have time to go to NY and back, i really dont. and i gotta trade my CTS in also.

urbanski
03-19-06, 03:29 PM
i don't see why it wouldnt have the remainder of the factory warranty
PM James at Lindsay Cadillac with the VIN, wonder if it was a buy-back or lemon or something. Sounds odd, it may not be "certified" with a 6 yr warranty, but to not have ANY....smells like STAY AWAY

Adam
03-19-06, 05:13 PM
thats what i was thinking, i'll find out tommorrow though. it should still have the warranty. when i bought my CTS they told me th warranty was up on it but it only had 27k miles on it. then they said it had til 30k miles or another 3 months before it was up. it was only 2 years old at the time. so it might be the dealership. i was looking at some stuff and the monthly payment was around 750 a month :eek: so i dont know. that is quite steep for me. that cant be right though cause i know a guy who pays around 600 a month for a Tahoe he bought that was 45k new so we'll see.

CVP33
03-19-06, 06:21 PM
This "deal" is starting to smell like rear differential fluid. The old stuff, not the nice new grape stuff. Seriously though, no warranty? Something's up. Damnit, is this my old car?

DaveSRX
03-19-06, 08:41 PM

No way! Must be a regular CTS....

Adam
03-19-06, 09:11 PM
This "deal" is starting to smell like rear differential fluid. The old stuff, not the nice new grape stuff. Seriously though, no warranty? Something's up. Damnit, is this my old car?

yes God's honest truth it said "As is no warranty." that kinda red flagged me but i can prolly talke them down because of it. i think i can get them to 38k. if not i can skip over to Franklin NC cause they got an 05 for 37500 and in Knoxville they got an 05 with just over 3k for 39998. i am still waiting for Chesrown to pm me back and see what kind of deal they can cut me.

sonjaab
03-20-06, 12:53 AM
DAVE...........Its the real deal V. Heck, they had a V-8 SRX for $32k.

Only thing that bugs me about this dealer is they got bagged 2
years back for selling lemon buybacks and ex-rentals and not
disclosing those facts..................

A month ago they had a 04 XLR for $49,900...................

DaveSRX
03-20-06, 09:27 AM
DAVE...........Its the real deal V. Heck, they had a V-8 SRX for $32k.

Only thing that bugs me about this dealer is they got bagged 2
years back for selling lemon buybacks and ex-rentals and not
disclosing those facts..................

A month ago they had a 04 XLR for $49,900...................

Well, I am looking for a V. Is this one worth looking at? I could not find anything about it on their website???

Maybe it is a flood car. :rolleyes:

Adam
03-20-06, 01:22 PM
well if i get it im gonna have to get a second job. insurance was crazy and the monthly payment is 725, so thats quite expensive for me. that thing was nice though. i asked about the as is no warranty and they said it has a 4 year warranty on it. so i will be job hunting sometime soon.

heavymetals
03-20-06, 04:25 PM
Your gonna need a third job to pay for the mods....:stirpot:

Adam
03-20-06, 06:15 PM
Your gonna need a third job to pay for the mods....:stirpot:

no, my first job will cover those :highfive:.

Adam
03-20-06, 06:57 PM
quick update, my dad and i talked just a little bit ago and he knows a guy who will hire me part time (i'll be getting 25-30 hours a week at 7.00 an hour) so thats an extra 700-840 a month before taxes anyway, so that will be perfect. ya'll wish me luck, going tomorrow! if so then i'll be driving a new V.