: 2004 Car Cover Question

Ak Jim
03-18-06, 11:39 PM
Howdy, who has a cover for their 04 V. I was wondering about the onstar antenna. Does your cover have a small pocket for the mast or does the mast unscrew from the base like a non retractible radio antenna? Also, what brand of cover do you have and what material is it made of? Thanks!

03-19-06, 06:21 AM
Covercraft, Noah, and I used to unscrew the antenna at first then just finally poked a hole with a pencil. no problems since.

Ak Jim
03-19-06, 09:25 AM
Thanks, do you use your cover for inside or outside, or both?

ccclarke
03-19-06, 10:17 AM
I received the nicest custom car cover I've ever seen from a friend last year. They aren't cheap, but I challenge you to find a better made cover.

You can find them at: www.griotsgarage.com They make covers for indoor and outdoor use. As for my antenna, I pivot it down and rotate it 90 degrees before installing the cover. No problems.

Hope this helps!

Ak Jim
03-21-06, 10:38 AM
Thanks!

03-21-06, 02:00 PM
Thanks, do you use your cover for inside or outside, or both?

For my CTSV, it has only been used inside. But I use the same types of covers for two other cars, and they are used exclusively outside. I am very impressed with the way they are holding up (2 years so far for one cover, and no notable deterioration). I am careful to always wash the cars before I cover them (so no, I do not use them every day), but there has been no wear or chafing damage, and if I uncover a car after even months under the cover, the cars are just as clean as when I put the cover on (save for an occassional spider web or fuzzy coccoon...)