: V owners lighten up - some of you

CVP33
03-18-06, 11:37 PM
Mod's feel free to kill this if need be but I'm going to get this off my chest once and for all.

Firstly, I have absolutely no axe to grind with the forum, its members or CTS-V owners in general. Secondly, the posts that I make are usually when I have some information regarding the topic being discussed or a personal experience with the problem or the solution.

Finally, internet posts by definition are open to interpretation. You can believe the poster is mad, glad, sad or other. When in doubt why not ask? Why project your feelings and beliefs onto that person's post prior to asking for clarification?

My posts are and will continue to be based on my personal experience having owned 2 CTS-V's, driving them 50,000 miles and experiencing nearly every mechanical failure known to modern man. I will also post facts which support my arguments so that the uninitiated will understand that I am not someone who invents information.

In closing, I know it's frustating to hear that your CTS-V brethren have failing cars, mechanical problems and dealership fiascos. THEY ARE NOT WHINING! THEY ARE ASKING YOU FOR HELP. Me posting my thoughts in those threads is not meant to "lambast" or "pile-on". My posts are more of a "I know exactly how you feel". Because I do, I WAS THERE! If the best you can do is tell your fellow owners to stop whining, then I suggest you not post. Here's a clue. If the title of the thread is "My dealer screwed up my car again", avoid the thread if you don't want to hear about another V failure.

Some of you would do well to send some of that pent up anger toward GM and it's engineers and a little less toward me and your V brethren reaching out for help. Remember I didn't sell you a $50,000 car with a poorly built rear differential, GM did.

Take care of one another, help each other and do no harm.

10secvette
03-18-06, 11:43 PM
:bouncy: Ohhhh, you just suck!!!!:bouncy:

ace996
03-19-06, 12:02 AM
Someone flaming you, CVP...just tell me who, and I'll start another rant on Lemon Law...
That'll take their attention...

STAND HO!!!!!!
-ace

CVP33
03-19-06, 12:16 AM
Ace - PM sent.

I've supported this forum for over two years both financially and intellectually. The only way I'm leaving now is if I get bored or banned. :thumbsup: Count on it.

Reed, Ace, Florian, WW, Stealth, 10secvette, Heavymetals, Lasstss, Geno, 610XXX, BigJimSho, Dreamin, Trukk and others are my internet pals and I enjoy reading their posts and mentally jousting with them from time to time. Just because I sold my lemon doesn't mean I'm leaving.

10secvette
03-19-06, 01:40 AM
Someone flaming you, CVP...just tell me who, and I'll start another rant on Lemon Law...
That'll take their attention...

STAND HO!!!!!!
-ace

No No No No No No For the love of GOD please don't do it.:worship:

03-19-06, 07:04 AM
6104696 (the user ID) is no more, for reasons that I don't quite understand. And...if his "87 in a 55" ticket on the beltway doesn't go away (innocent, of course), he may have to trade his CTS-V for a nice bicycle.

But maybe I now need to change "Hot Wheels" to "Chilled Wheels."

Keep posting CVP....and oil up your tenspeed. I may be too much of a pu$$Y to take on your SRT with my V but I'm happy to take my bike one-on-one against your Schwinn.....(I just may need to ask wifey to give me a ride to Chessie).

urbanski
03-19-06, 07:25 AM
6104696 (the user ID) is no more, for reasons that I don't quite understand. And...if his "87 in a 55" ticket on the beltway doesn't go away (innocent, of course), he may have to trade his CTS-V for a nice bicycle.

Keep posting CVP....and oil up your tenspeed. I may be too much of a pu$$Y to take on your SRT with my V but I'm happy to take my bike one-on-one against your Schwinn.....(I just may need to ask wifey to give me a ride to Chessie).
it may be due to a bad e-mail address. if you can log in to the account, change the address.

03-19-06, 07:46 AM
it may be due to a bad e-mail address. if you can log in to the account, change the address.

it started with an e-mail address problem, got some help from Reed and Sal (thanks guys), but ultimately got frustrated and just started anew. At first I thought maybe I got banned for too many comments about being in eThug's posse.

It's nice to be a noob again (though I can't yet send any PM's otherwise this would be sent to you in a PM)

CVP33
03-19-06, 09:45 AM

Say it aint so. Did I miss a post or something? 87 in a 55 is bad but not V trading bad. Unless of course momma steps in and well, we've all been there before.

03-19-06, 10:02 AM
no not trading the V.....just poking fun at a worst case scenario......

likely result is a hefty fine and some driving school....unless of course I can prove my innocence.

wildwhl
03-19-06, 10:33 AM
HotWheels -

You'll be fine. Do the school. Pay the fine. Believe it or not, with a little "discussion" with my insurance agent, I actually have cheaper insurance (equal coverage) this year WITH the careless driving on my record, then I did the year prior with a minor speeding violation.

Now if only CVP would stop being such a know it all :suspect:

WW

CVP33
03-19-06, 10:46 AM
I'm not a know it all, but I'm a know it plenty. Notice I never post in the Magnuson or dropped suspension threads. That's your territory. I'm am clueless about those mod's other than what I've read hear. You are clearly the expert in those areas, amongst others. :worship:

wildwhl
03-19-06, 11:17 AM
I sure miss you Chris... you non-supporter you :(

Crap, can you believe Ace's luck with leaking tailshafts now? Looks like I need a radiator...but the diff seems to be holding up.

thebigjimsho
03-19-06, 11:50 AM
I'm not fat!! I'm big boned!! And I'd appreciate you not telling me how I should look...

DILLIGAF
03-19-06, 12:21 PM
As always,i'm confused again.I must have missed something.CVP=always welcome.

Geno
03-20-06, 07:16 AM
CVP adds a little spice and some good information, which is always nice to have.

I've met the guy and he's very personable. I just don't inderstand why he bought a black SRT8, when he knows from experience that silver is the faster color (pppsssst, Chris that's the reason you were breaking all those diffs and half shafts....it's the color man!).

OK, all you dweebs that think black is faster can chime in now.:want:

OldRoadDawg
03-20-06, 07:38 AM
I just don't inderstand why he bought a black SRT8, when he knows from experience that silver is the faster color . .

OK, all you dweebs that think black is faster can chime in now.:want:
"Think" ?? heh . . heh - KNOW!
And when is the last time you saw Andy Pilgrim tearing around the SCCA SPEED GT circuit in a CTS-VR in some color other than Black? He must know something. And CVP bought a black SRT8 in hopes of staying with the V's. :stirpot:

Geno
03-20-06, 08:51 AM
If you look real close at the paint scheme, you'll see some silver. The reason the bulk of the CTS-VR is black is due to a ALMS penalty rule to slow the car down.

I guess you didn't realize that first they add weight, then they restrict the air intake, and finally if the car is still too fast they have them painted black. It's right there in the rules.:thehand:

Kadonny
03-20-06, 09:20 AM
If you look real close at the paint scheme, you'll see some silver. The reason the bulk of the CTS-VR is black is due to a ALMS penalty rule to slow the car down.

I guess you didn't realize that first they add weight, then they restrict the air intake, and finally if the car is still too fast they have them painted black. It's right there in the rules.:thehand:

This is fact. Also, they know not to even start with a Stealth Gray car because with all the restrictions they still cant get it slow enough to qualify.

OldRoadDawg
03-20-06, 10:29 AM
I It's right there in the rules.:thehand:
Dang it! Ya got me on that one. :highfive:

trukk
03-20-06, 12:57 PM
Heh, I definately think your should stick around. You know you'll be back. Unless DC finally decides to drop some manunal tranny's in.

You may not admit it, but I know you miss rowing the gears. You can't powershift an auto.

Mark my words. He'll be back. My magic V-Ball says, 2008 CTS-V.

5 out of 5 differentials agree. Chris Loves Power Shifting :D

-Chris

Kadonny
03-20-06, 02:34 PM
How can you not love the stick in these cars? I mean coming off heavy acceleration in 2nd or 3rd and hearing that back pressure burble in the Corsa is music to my ears.

So freaking awesome.

trukk
03-20-06, 03:03 PM
How can you not love the stick in these cars? I mean coming off heavy acceleration in 2nd or 3rd and hearing that back pressure burble in the Corsa is music to my ears.

So freaking awesome.

Mine is a DD. 80 Miles round-trip each day, in HWY & City Stop/GO traffic. I have ZERO regrets about getting a manual.

I don't understand have a sport sedan, and having an AT. I'll never go back to an AT.

Enjoy your new ride :D Also, don't forget to tighten up the connections on your Corsa, if you haven't already. They come loose quick at the beginning.

Finally, you should schlep down to Tony's this Friday for our Dyno Day. Even if you don't get a run in, we'd love to check out an '06, plus you'd get a chance to meet some of the local's

-Chris

thebigjimsho
03-20-06, 10:13 PM
This color crap is getting old. My V can be flaming pink and I'm still gonna be showing taillights to you on any road course. Guaranteed. Take that platinum/black/red/grey crap and go home.:thehand:

wildwhl
03-20-06, 10:16 PM
bigjim -

I didn't know the V came in pink? I thought only SRT8's were available in CVP's color :histeric:

WW

(driving the faster color V - black with a lot of dirt to make it dirty brown)

10secvette
03-20-06, 10:49 PM
Also, don't forget to tighten up the connections on your Corsa, if you haven't already. They come loose quick at the beginning.

I wheel hopped my pass. side muffler out of the exhaust pipe the other day. I had just hit the bolts with the airgun the day before. I was driving home and suddenly had resonance...:alchi:

keeksv
03-21-06, 07:35 AM
I wheel hopped my pass. side muffler out of the exhaust pipe the other day. I had just hit the bolts with the airgun the day before. I was driving home and suddenly had resonance...:alchi:

LOL..same thing happened to me last year as I was driving home, fast--instant sidepipe. Sounded pretty cool.

03-21-06, 10:45 AM
This color crap is getting old. My V can be flaming pink and I'm still gonna be showing taillights to you on any road course. Guaranteed. Take that platinum/black/red/grey crap and go home.:thehand:

does somebody need a hug?

thebigjimsho
03-21-06, 02:30 PM
does somebody need a hug?Hey Hot lips, I mean Hot Wheels.:thepan:

03-21-06, 02:38 PM
Hey Hot lips, I mean Hot Wheels.:thepan:

yeah Sal was able to fix the foulup and revert me back to my meaningless string of numbers (thanks Sal). Hot wheels is retired and merged back into 6104696.

and you can have that hug as soon as you stop hitting me with the frying pan.:crybaby:

CIWS
03-21-06, 03:42 PM
My V can be flaming pink and I'm still gonna be showing taillights to you on any road course.

Yo Jim, if you are all pink, that means you are doing the Mary Kay thing. I need to order some different cologne. This Old Spice ain't cutting it any longer.... ;)

thebigjimsho
03-22-06, 06:52 PM
Yo Jim, if you are all pink, that means you are doing the Mary Kay thing. I need to order some different cologne. This Old Spice ain't cutting it any longer.... ;)Let me call the supplier...:bouncy:

thebigjimsho
03-22-06, 06:53 PM
yeah Sal was able to fix the foulup and revert me back to my meaningless string of numbers (thanks Sal). Hot wheels is retired and merged back into 6104696.

and you can have that hug as soon as you stop hitting me with the frying pan.:crybaby:OK, here you go.:grouphug: