: Tryin to get a job at Brotherton Cadillac

CTS4Chiefy
03-18-06, 07:54 PM
Yip! I go in Monday for the interview, and I know a number of their employees, including Mr. Brotherton's cousin who use to live next door to us. :D

Anyway, hopefully I can get a job there and work my way up. :D

caddycruiser
03-18-06, 09:00 PM
Sounds very cool, and good luck:thumbsup:

I'm in the same kind of process right now, but with different engineering firms around where I live...except have already been through a few easy interviews and gotten an offer from each:)

By the way, what are you doing now?

CTS4Chiefy
03-18-06, 11:05 PM
Right now, I'm unfortunately out of any official job... I clean/detail cars on the side and go to college, and I bussed at a nice restaurant until Dec, before that worked at Men's Wearhouse, and between those two, I was Marketing Manager at a small webhosting and designing firm - Five Star Studios. Plus other, smaller jobs.

FredMaxwell
03-18-06, 11:08 PM
I envy you
You're the O N L Y working man I envy in the world
If I had your job I'd stay 12 hours - six days

I'd sleep there. I'd eat there. I'd keep my housegirls there.

They loved me when I applied and I went and bought a brand new suit and ties and shoes all top of the line (off the rack but nice nice shit) and THEN I found out that thanks to what this worthless POS of a state has done to my license - I could not be employed there.

I even offered to carry my own insurance.. but they want everyone under their policy :confused:

I sure do envy you. I think they pay 30% on the used side ... I always wonder though do they cut you in on financing? That is a cash cow.. what about trade-ins? I assume they take sale price - trade in value = commissionable dolllar amt.. but who determines the value of a trade?

They're worth about $0 in my book
I'd hate to let them overcharge me

Stoneage_Caddy
03-19-06, 12:13 AM
get ready for a wild ass ride ....dealership life aint the best lemme tell ya ...esp where your gonna be starting out (if my feeling is right)

but int he past year in the position i was in i got to :

Sit in the presidents limo
Drive a CTS-V at 10/10ths
drive an example of every cadillac made in the past 30 years
met 3 football stars
the current wwf champ
been in the houses of countless millionaires
and logged well over 15,000 miles in other peoples cadillacs

FredMaxwell
03-19-06, 02:20 AM
They say it is tough,
There was one big goon there who didn't like me..
If I'd been hired, since I doubt I could break his face open.

I would have had to throw things at him and break his office.

Well they'd fire me for that.
I could throw things at him and break his house though.

get ready for a wild ass ride ....dealership life aint the best lemme tell ya ...esp where your gonna be starting out (if my feeling is right)

but int he past year in the position i was in i got to :

Sit in the presidents limo
Drive a CTS-V at 10/10ths
drive an example of every cadillac made in the past 30 years
met 3 football stars
the current wwf champ
been in the houses of countless millionaires
and logged well over 15,000 miles in other peoples cadillacs

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-06, 04:32 PM
Wait, so what job are you applying for?

I'm a parts cashier at a Nissan dealer, and I really like it. I do easy work, good pay, great coworkers and I really like the dealership environment. I wanna start in sales(non commission), then after a while I wanna make it up to Used Car Manager so I can go to the auctions and purchase/ sell used cars.

FredMaxwell
03-19-06, 05:15 PM
Wait, so what job are you applying for?

I'm a parts cashier at a Nissan dealer, and I really like it. I do easy work, good pay, great coworkers and I really like the dealership environment. I wanna start in sales(non commission), then after a while I wanna make it up to Used Car Manager so I can go to the auctions and purchase/ sell used cars.

You find a small sideliner dealer and he'll write you a salesman license and you can go to the sale yourself

Tailfin
03-19-06, 05:17 PM
Hmm interesting topic... I've thought several times about trying to do this sort of thing for a living... Not sure if I want to though. I hear a diverse array of opinions...

I don't have "formal" training mechanically... Where do you go for books/info/software/whatever on the material you need to become licensed...and to get that license...or whatever is required? lol

I've heard that mechanic work is stressful...because they have time constraints and such... I think if I were trained, I could deal with that, but I don't want to be a mechanic if I'm forced to put speed before quality. I am annoyed if I take my car somewhere, and something gets done sloppily because they rushed through as if not caring...and I don't want to be part of that because it increases the company's margin....and not have any control over that. I've done a number of things on my car better than the "professionals," and I'm confident that most of the time, it's because I don't blaze through it. If I make a mistake, I go back and I fix it. I actually clean the gaskets off like you're supposed to...etc...

FredMaxwell
03-19-06, 08:15 PM
Hmm interesting topic... I've thought several times about trying to do this sort of thing for a living... Not sure if I want to though. I hear a diverse array of opinions...

I don't have "formal" training mechanically... Where do you go for books/info/software/whatever on the material you need to become licensed...and to get that license...or whatever is required? lol

I've heard that mechanic work is stressful...because they have time constraints and such... I think if I were trained, I could deal with that, but I don't want to be a mechanic if I'm forced to put speed before quality. I am annoyed if I take my car somewhere, and something gets done sloppily because they rushed through as if not caring...and I don't want to be part of that because it increases the company's margin....and not have any control over that. I've done a number of things on my car better than the "professionals," and I'm confident that most of the time, it's because I don't blaze through it. If I make a mistake, I go back and I fix it. I actually clean the gaskets off like you're supposed to...etc...

A dealer license isn't difficult to come by.
Here for example, you need a location, 9x18 pavement display area, 10" letter sign, telephone, 30k surety bond ($200/yr) and a liability policy ($1500/mo here)

try James Hedjazi he is the man.. .www.dealerlicense.com

Jonas McFeely
03-19-06, 08:36 PM
Hell yeah,thanks for posting that website.

FredMaxwell
03-19-06, 09:57 PM
Hell yeah,thanks for posting that website.

No problem man
I have known alot of dealers, I've bought and sold alot of cars, I tell you what that Hedjazi he doesn't play games he gives you the straight shit on everything

You want to borrow the materials I ordered from him you can
They are a year or two old but I have an extra I ordered two of everything
I will sell you one of them for half price or whatever you think is fair

Who cares, just pay the shipping
I like to help people

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-19-06, 11:43 PM
You find a small sideliner dealer and he'll write you a salesman license and you can go to the sale yourself

Really? How so?

Tailfin
03-20-06, 08:20 AM
Ah...very valuable information...but I was also curious about mechanic certifications...and where to the materials to study for them. I can blow away the average shmo on cars, but I couldn't safely say "bring your car and I'll fix it," as I can't do anything...

FredMaxwell
03-20-06, 07:21 PM
Really? How so?

Well see big dealer men assign those to their little buyer people,
In my day it was called a salesman license..

It lets the assignee go unattended to the sale and buy anything he wants (under the assumption that you're acting on behalf of the dealer who issued it to ya)

FredMaxwell
03-20-06, 07:23 PM
Ah...very valuable information...but I was also curious about mechanic certifications...and where to the materials to study for them. I can blow away the average shmo on cars, but I couldn't safely say "bring your car and I'll fix it," as I can't do anything...

I have no idea but I think if you're that good you ought to go get certified. The proper credentials will allow you to capitalise on the skills you've already got and let's face it - too many dead in the head baboons have been certified.

I have stories about those geniuses :bigroll:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-20-06, 07:31 PM
Well see big dealer men assign those to their little buyer people,
In my day it was called a salesman license..

It lets the assignee go unattended to the sale and buy anything he wants (under the assumption that you're acting on behalf of the dealer who issued it to ya)

Hmmm interesting, so I just go to a small used car dealer, and if they hire me, I just go to an auction and buy what they tell me to look for?

FredMaxwell
03-20-06, 08:10 PM
Hmmm interesting, so I just go to a small used car dealer, and if they hire me, I just go to an auction and buy what they tell me to look for?

I doubt they'd give it right to you..
That's because, when you go in under their license.. to the sale... they are 100% responsible for any bid you would happen to make.

And it is tricky.. I ended up paying $200 extra on my first visit to the friendly dealer sale because the ******* was bidding on his own automobile. I caught the bastad bidding twice in a row.. so it was at 2400 and I said 21 and put my hand up level (meaning I'd go 21 and a "half") and they said it was sold to me

FUNNY how they sold it to me for 2150 when 2400 had been bid.. right :bigroll:
Well then I sold it that next week for 4000 :)

You could always go in as a driver to see what it's like though and if you decide you want sale access you won't have that hard of a time - there are 100s of ways in:thumbsup:

FredMaxwell
03-20-06, 08:12 PM
PS: WATCH FOR A FEW HOURS BEFORE BIDDING

That is how I knew what that ******* was trying to do to me,
I'd seen it happen to other idiots that day

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-20-06, 08:20 PM
Hmmm very interesting. I wanna try and get to shadow the UCM from my dealership when he goes to the auctions so I can get an idea of what goes on.

Tailfin
03-21-06, 07:57 AM
I have no idea but I think if you're that good you ought to go get certified. The proper credentials will allow you to capitalise on the skills you've already got and let's face it - too many dead in the head baboons have been certified.

I have stories about those geniuses :bigroll:

LOL "that good." Yeah, I wish. I meant "shmo" literally. Not compared to the average "mechanic." Granted, there are some things I could probably do better than the average mechanic, but also some things said mechanic would do that I wouldn't have a clue. For example, if you ask me to fix the 4-wheel drive on a van or something, I'd rather gargle broken glass...