: St. Patricks Day can Suck My White Bum.....

thebigjimsho
03-18-06, 07:52 PM
So all day I'm working, keeping an eye out for the mid-day drunks that seem to find their cars. Ends up being an easy day. Little traffic, got off of work early. So I spend an evening hanging out with a couple friends, we put together one's computer and just hang the rest of the night.

So my brother and I are on the way home. We're taking a right to go over a bridge in Lowell, MA. It's a right turn only lane. I stop at the red and get ready to make the turn. Then I decide to check my rear view mirror. And I get to see a wonderful shot of a Mitsubishi Lancer doing about 30mph and is only about 50 ft away. So I gun the V and at least when she NAILS me, the impact was reduced.

The girl NEVER TOUCHED HER BRAKES. It felt like the entire rear end of the V was in my rear seat. So I get out and take a look and there is a scratch running about 2 feet wide on the bottom of the bumper. And there is a couple of very small gouges in the plastic. Pretty amazing. Of course, I'm not totally sure that there isn't something bent underneath. I'll know this week.

But just because some guy chased snakes away from the Isles, I have to deal with all this green crap and drinking for the sake of it? F'in asinine.

urbanski
03-18-06, 08:02 PM
rear bumper only? well that's an easy fix. it attaches to an aluminum rail which absorbs the impact, you may have dinged that too.
how's the trunk? if its ok, at least you wont need paint. the bumper gets painted off the car.
suppose the "cheers" smilie isnt appropriate
(i will remove the arse from the title, you know, G rated an all :)

nikon
03-18-06, 08:04 PM
wow, that sucks....I spent the day on the boat, had a couple drinks at the bar...sobered up, 5 hours later...drove home at 3 got a wonderful back massage and then something else....but ya my st patty's day was a blast...the best was seeing green puke out in the parking lot...sorry yours sucked, let us know if theres any damage.

DILLIGAF
03-18-06, 08:06 PM
Sorry about the V.Was she drunk?

ctsvflorida
03-18-06, 08:14 PM
Can you tell us about the confrontation with the whore at least? What did she say when she got out? I am sure it should be an easy fix and it is only a car...BUT I MIGHT HAVE KILLED THE FU*#ING BITCH! Hope it isn't too bad!

crowan
03-18-06, 08:33 PM
Just look at the bright side. Between the whiplash, soft tissue damage, and loss of consortium, the damages will probably put you in a new Z06 with cash to spare.

Can you say "neck brace?" :highfive:

CR

Geno
03-18-06, 09:07 PM
BigJim that absolutely sucks. I had a Saleen Mustang in my prior lifetime and some women almost hit me, when the car was new. I was fortunate, pop the clutch and just barely escaped getting smacked.

thebigjimsho
03-18-06, 10:16 PM
rear bumper only? well that's an easy fix. it attaches to an aluminum rail which absorbs the impact, you may have dinged that too.
how's the trunk? if its ok, at least you wont need paint. the bumper gets painted off the car.
suppose the "cheers" smilie isnt appropriate
(i will remove the arse from the title, you know, G rated an all :)I don't know Urby, maybe you should put in butt or something. The new title is probably giving the wrong idea of what I want sucked...

thebigjimsho
03-18-06, 10:21 PM
Sorry about the V.Was she drunk?Well, she was definitely drinking. Unless you fall asleep at the wheel, there was no way to not see m.

kjr39
03-18-06, 10:39 PM
Well, she was definitely drinking. Unless you fall asleep at the wheel, there was no way to not see m.

It was a woman, right?

:hide:

I farking hate St. Patrick's day. I go hope early and don't go out because of all the people drinking/driving.

Luna.
03-19-06, 12:40 PM
Just look at the bright side. Between the whiplash, soft tissue damage, and loss of consortium, the damages will probably put you in a new Z06 with cash to spare.
Can you say "neck brace?" :highfive:
CR

I believe you are only joking, so that's cool. :)

But people out there who pull this nonsense on a serious basis, looking to cash in when they aren't really hurt, should be thrown down a bed of razor blades into a pool of alcohol...

ahahnu
03-19-06, 12:45 PM
Jim, sorry to hear about your baby. I'm sure you know someone who will fixer up better then new.

thebigjimsho
03-19-06, 12:59 PM
As for the suing part, I'm too honest of a guy to try for that. I still don't have any neck stiffness so I'm guessing that's out.

I'm having the work done at one of the worst Ford dealers that I know of. It's right down the street from my house. The funny thing is, their body shop has one of the best reputations I've ever heard about and when a tree fell on my Accord and damaged panels on more than half the car, they got it perfect. And that was with a mettalic midnight blue paint Honda had going.

So I have no doubts the V will be new again, it's just the fact I couldn't keep it mint throughout that's making me sick.

crowan
03-19-06, 01:55 PM
I believe you are only joking, so that's cool. :)

But people out there who pull this nonsense on a serious basis, looking to cash in when they aren't really hurt, should be thrown down a bed of razor blades into a pool of alcohol...

I agree......although drunk drivers deserve whatever misery they might receive. :want:

CR

urbanski
03-19-06, 02:16 PM
maybe sue her just because she was drunk. her insurance company will defend her, and jack up her rates if not drop her. that's a great lesson.
owie, even my neck hurts now.

thebigjimsho
03-17-09, 03:11 PM
If any of you turds are going out and getting drunk you better be hiring guys like me to get you home...

LUVMY04V
03-17-09, 03:14 PM
You Drink.... You Drive .... You Loose!!!!

Civardi
03-17-09, 03:20 PM
Good to hear it was not to bad and your ok. My 740 was bent in half thanks to a drunk woman on a cell phone. She was in a Volvo wagon and pushed me into a Crewcab Chevy 4x4. My poor car never had a chance. Cops estimated about 30mph no skid marks.

thebigjimsho
03-17-09, 03:21 PM
lose. and I lose on that one. The V looks fine now but that was scary. I expected to see my trunk pushed in and both quarter panels buckled. I was shocked to see nothing at all at first. Her car looked unscathed as well.

BMW was right to tout power as a safety feature...

lollygagger8
03-17-09, 03:25 PM
This thread is pure win :food-snacking:

perfect
03-17-09, 03:52 PM
If any of you turds are going out and getting drunk you better be hiring guys like me to get you home...

so...you are a cabbie?:alchi:

rjoffe
03-17-09, 03:58 PM
I feel your pain, back in '94 I had a brand new Mustang (Cobra), about third day I had I was stopped at a light, two cars in front of me, and had the same thing happen, but i had no where to go, my damage sounded just like yours, but the stang was only 3 days old !!! 13 years later when I sold it to (buy the V), that back bumper's paint looked better then the rest of the car :)

CIWS
03-17-09, 04:15 PM
My 740 was bent in half thanks to a drunk woman on a cell phone. She was in a Volvo wagon and pushed me into a Crewcab Chevy 4x4. My poor car never had a chance.

Somehow I'm not sure the alcohol was the major factor here.

Female driving a Volvo wagon and on her cell phone. You were already screwed.

;)

VforMe
03-17-09, 04:18 PM
I don't need a special theme to go out drinking, so I just stay in on holidays. My brother is a bartender on an island near Charleston and he refers to St P day, Cinco de mayo, and New Years as amateur drinking days. Me, I'm a professional....:alchi:

CadzillaTN
03-17-09, 04:22 PM
was her car green? that would be most ironic if so. possibly karma for poop posts

814V
03-17-09, 04:25 PM
holidays make drunk sluts easy targets.. thats all i have to say about that

lollygagger8
03-17-09, 04:26 PM
iiirrrooonnnnnyyyyyy

B-1 Buddha
03-17-09, 04:29 PM
so...you are a cabbie?:alchi:

Don't know about tbjs. I used to be a cabbie in college. Great job. Too bad I wasn't driving one of these around, tho. My cab was always a POS. The best/worst one was a late 80s Caprice Classic with 450,000 miles. Prior cop car, and you know they beat the hell out of it. BTW, you can fit 15 college girls and 1 happy cabbie inside one of those beasts. :sneaky: Sorry, no pics.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
03-17-09, 04:30 PM
I drive the Blazer when there is drunken debauchery about. I think there's a reason my liability insurance payment on it is more than the Talon or V. :)

LUVMY04V
03-17-09, 04:33 PM
I drive the Blazer when there is drunken debauchery about. I think there's a reason my liability insurance payment on it is more than the Talon or V. :)
I drive my 96 jimmy :thumbsup:

lollygagger8
03-17-09, 04:40 PM
Ya, I'll drive the Jeep so I can run over whatever I accidently hit :lildevil::alchi:

Jesda
03-17-09, 04:40 PM
http://partmule.com/wayne_brady.jpg

lollygagger8
03-17-09, 04:43 PM
I actually met Wayne Brady when he was in town....he's a total ass: I started off with "hey man you are really funny" and he says "what, in chappele show?" and I say "umm ya that too" (I was gonna say whos line is it anyways) and he says "you want a picture or what" (geez)......that lil sawed-off prick is like 5'4". I had to bend down to get him in the picture

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q16/n2havnfun2/waynebrady.jpg

CadzillaTN
03-17-09, 05:06 PM
"this is not an option ni**a. if you dont smoke this shit, we got a problem"

bandit6678
03-17-09, 05:11 PM
man sorry to hear bout your V bud. The only reason I got my V was when someone t-boned me at a light doin 40-45mph estimated in the rain. That was 3 months ago and im still feeling that. Just watch youself for a few weeks make sure you dont get any pain as a result before you settle

JD03Cobra
03-17-09, 05:13 PM
So I spend an evening hanging out with a couple friends, we put together one's computer

I see your quite the party animal. I'll be drinking keg beer and smoking cigars but at my house. F driving around.

Jesda
03-17-09, 06:57 PM
I actually met Wayne Brady when he was in town....he's a total ass: I started off with "hey man you are really funny" and he says "what, in chappele show?" and I say "umm ya that too" (I was gonna say whos line is it anyways) and he says "you want a picture or what" (geez)......that lil sawed-off prick is like 5'4". I had to bend down to get him in the picture

You should have said "I loved your work on Singing Bee!"

TaVern
03-17-09, 07:24 PM
Town Cars FTW!

Drinking alone in the dark FTW!

ccextra1976
03-17-09, 08:15 PM
sorry bigjim, there will be no smart a$$ comments from me tonight

liqidvenom
03-17-09, 10:25 PM

there seems to be something going on with your hair...

SoJersey05V
03-17-09, 11:26 PM
that sucks brother! i'd hang the bitch!

ATLDon
03-17-09, 11:41 PM
Ya, I'll drive the Jeep so I can run over whatever I accidently hit :lildevil::alchi:

Gottcha beat '88 F350 4X4 crew cab, with 38's

CTSV_Rob
03-17-09, 11:49 PM
Drinking alone in the dark FTW!
Really?

TaVern
03-18-09, 12:01 AM
Really?

You guys don't count.

RightTurn
03-18-09, 12:13 AM
Does ANYONE here realize this thread is three years old? :alchi: I didn't think so.

ATLDon
03-18-09, 12:25 AM
^^^^:beer: care?

ATLDon
03-18-09, 12:27 AM
"Does ANYONE here realize this thread is three years old? I didn't think so. "

^^^^ care?

better

rand49er
03-18-09, 08:05 AM
"Does ANYONE here realize this thread is three years old? ...Anyone who knows tbjs will ALWAYS look at the thread dates on his threads.

I never did post it, but glad you're okay, bigjim, and glad your car survived. :thumbsup:

ctsv154
03-18-09, 09:30 AM
You Drink.... You Drive .... You Loose!!!!

haha my dad had this on the back of his police car until he got a new charger

"You booze, you cruise, you loose"

PISNUOFF
03-18-09, 10:46 AM
loose???

CIWS
03-18-09, 11:35 AM
loose???

That's only the women . .

:hide:

rand49er
03-18-09, 11:37 AM
Spell "lose" as "loose," and you lose.

ctsv154
03-18-09, 11:38 AM
lose..... damn mac keyboard

thebigjimsho
03-18-09, 10:57 PM
Not a cabbie. I own my own Town Car and run my own corporation. But I mostly contract for a Boston limo company.

However, I did have to stuff myself and 12 others in my Chevy Corsica for a trip across Providence. Had a friend stuffed in the trunk...

VforMe
03-18-09, 10:59 PM
Had a friend stuffed in the trunk...

By friend you mean dead guy right?

ctsv154
03-18-09, 11:00 PM
A friend or a dead hooker?

VforMe
03-18-09, 11:02 PM
A friend or a dead hooker?

I was trumped....

Dead hooker, ftw

Vee
03-18-09, 11:32 PM
Hmmm....I didnt think there were that many Irish folks in MA. Just kiddin'..I grew up just outside Boston...Besides, everyones Irish on st pattys day (except me, and a few others).

thebigjimsho
03-18-09, 11:59 PM
I can't stand the Irish...except for the Celtics...

CTSV_Rob
03-19-09, 02:33 AM
Irish are cool. Fun to party with.

Luna.
03-19-09, 02:38 AM
But just because some guy chased snakes away from the Isles, I have to deal with all this green crap and drinking for the sake of it? F'in asinine.

:histeric:

This cracks me up every time I read it...

Amen...it's highly dubious, if not 100% stupid, especially considering that nowadays it's often just a stupid-a$$ excuse to drink and, quite often, get drunk... :mad:

CIWS
03-19-09, 09:06 AM
Amen...it's highly dubious, if not 100% stupid, especially considering that nowadays it's often just a stupid-a$$ excuse to drink and, quite often, get drunk... :mad:

Just like New Year's, Cinco de Mayo, 4th of July, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Just excuses to get drunk, any real meaning has long gone.

So I simply celebrate each day because they only come once a year :alchi:

814V
03-19-09, 02:27 PM
:womandriver:

thebigjimsho
03-19-09, 04:13 PM
Just like New Year's, Cinco de Mayo, 4th of July, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Just excuses to get drunk, any real meaning has long gone.

So I simply celebrate each day because they only come once a year :alchi:
each day only comes once a year...

VforMe
03-19-09, 08:29 PM
I thought it was worth posting in this thread that I got a call this morning that my uncle has been in the local trauma ward since Sunday. He lives alone and kind of keeps to himself so the hospital didn't know who to call until he could come up with my mom's name today. Apparently he got hit head on by a guy who was driving in the in the wrong lane. The guy was drunk at noon on a Sunday so I'm sure he's a winner. Anyway the other guy was barely scratched (as usual) but they did charge him with DUI. Of course he's already had his license suspended twice for DUI, blah blah blah. So I guess all that to say that TBJS's words are wise and if your gonna drink just spend the extra few bucks and let someone else get you home. This will end up costing my uncle at least six months of his life to heal, but at least it didn't cost him his life.

thebigjimsho
03-20-09, 12:38 AM
I thought it was worth posting in this thread that I got a call this morning that my uncle has been in the local trauma ward since Sunday. He lives alone and kind of keeps to himself so the hospital didn't know who to call until he could come up with my mom's name today. Apparently he got hit head on by a guy who was driving in the in the wrong lane. The guy was drunk at noon on a Sunday so I'm sure he's a winner. Anyway the other guy was barely scratched (as usual) but they did charge him with DUI. Of course he's already had his license suspended twice for DUI, blah blah blah. So I guess all that to say that TBJS's words are wise and if your gonna drink just spend the extra few bucks and let someone else get you home. This will end up costing my uncle at least six months of his life to heal, but at least it didn't cost him his life.
thank goodness. but I bet the offender gets out before your uncle fully recovers. our society's allowance of DUI is insane...

TaVern
03-20-09, 02:10 AM
thank goodness. but I bet the offender gets out before your uncle fully recovers. our society's allowance of DUI is insane...

So sorry to hear, VforMe. And tbjs is dead on with our society's tolerance of DUI offenses.

Good news is most states have adopted "habitual" DUI laws, meaning if someone has multiple DUI's, they lose not only their license but also their car. And the fine will grow into the thousands of dollars.

But I'm sure this of no consolation to VforMe, so I will only say I hope your uncle is granted a speedy recovery.

-Justin

mpunklil
03-20-09, 02:37 AM
I can't stand the Irish...except for the Celtics...

you must be a pu$$y cat ;) im irish and ill drink you all under the table...guinness for guinness, ill win and im damn proud of my fantastic abilities :D now i just gotta get me a woman that can keep up! oh wait, n/m, i have a harley lol scrutinize all you want, that thing is funner than hell to ride after a good buzz :shhh:

thebigjimsho
03-20-09, 04:42 PM
well, hopefully you won't be wearing a helmet...

mpunklil
03-20-09, 06:24 PM
so much hate :P

thebigjimsho
03-20-09, 06:32 PM
for DUI, yes...

thebigjimsho
02-07-12, 11:28 PM
Would much rather kick back with a Shamrock Shake than a beer, anyway...

rjoffe
02-08-12, 11:12 AM
Holy old thread !