: Rattle when sunroof is tilted

JOEYCTS-V
03-18-06, 06:16 PM
Does anyone else notice there is a rattle noise when going over bumps with the sunroof open? I rarely open it all the way back but I almost always tilt it up no matter what the weather is. Is there something I can adjust/tighten? It's starting to get a little annoying. :mad: Thanks in advance.

99GTX
03-18-06, 06:23 PM
Same here... I meant to ask the dealer to take a look at it the last time I was in there, but forgot.

stkshkr
03-18-06, 06:59 PM
Same here

wildwhl
03-18-06, 10:18 PM
I had it. Dealer replaced the entire sunroof module and to fix it. No arguments.

WW

reciprocity
12-19-07, 12:28 AM
I had the same rattling and it was driving me nuts since I always seem to have the roof in the "vent" position. I thought it was the accordion plastic pieces that cover up the tilt mechanism. The dealer replaced the entire moonroof module. The fix lasted about two months and it's a lot better, but mine still rattles a little.

STAGEUP
12-19-07, 01:07 AM
Mine rattled the same way. Dealer fixed it, no questions asked. :)

syd
12-19-07, 01:28 AM
dealer replaced my entire roof...

trukk
12-19-07, 09:22 AM
Holy thread resurection Batman! (But, better than starting a new one, so Kudo's to you).

I'm so glad I hunted until I found a V w/o a moonroof! No sail panel issues with my car either (methinks, due to no moonroof).

-Chris

WheelHop
12-19-07, 12:22 PM
No rattles for mine!

Sorry, everyone was bringing me down :D

Mystical_Ice
12-19-07, 02:36 PM
mine rattles a bit, but then again, i have a ton of creaks and rattles.

one day i'm going to type out all the rattles, and bring it to a dealership

P-Funk
12-19-07, 05:36 PM
My sunroof rattles even when closed. That's pretty much my only complaint with the car right now. I'll eventually take it in when it gets too annoying.

mcfaddens17
08-18-08, 12:40 AM
Just started getting rattle out of mine. Started doing it only when the sunroof was open. In the last week or so it is now doing it when the roof is closed also. I hate to have to have the entire sunroof replaced to fix this. Has anyone come across an easier fix. Any suspect areas where I can try to work on tightning things up myself possibly. Still under warranty, so I can take it in if I have to, just hate having to leave my baby for a couple of days every time I take it in.

Bueller
08-18-08, 08:05 AM
Nice dig.

Maybe it is creaking at where the seal is still touching the metal body. I am looking for something to put on the seal to keep it new for a long time.

I know some WD-40 type lubricants can make seals crack and shrink. Anyone know what is recommended by GM?

reciprocity
08-29-08, 04:53 PM
Mine rattled in the "vent" position from day one. It appeared to be the accordion plastic pieces that cover up the mechanism. If I stuck my finger on them, the rattles seemed to get better.

My dealer replaced the entire moonroof assembly without any question. The rattles were gone for about a month and then returned. It's significantly better than it was originally (not going to bother having them waste GM's money replacing it again), but it's still really annoying. I usually just open the moonroof so I don't have to listen to it rattle in the vent position.