: Escalade delivery/shipping options

Swine
03-18-06, 10:37 AM
What companies are you familar with that provide shipping for escalades, and have you been satisfied? I'm having an 03 shipped from Il. to fl, and need reccomendations. I've heard little about either fed-ex or das, those seem to be my two options with this seller....

slk230mb
03-18-06, 11:09 AM
I have no experience with shipping cars but I would think that you would want to get the most insurance that you could.

cadnathan
03-18-06, 11:30 AM
DO NOT USE DAS if you like your car. They are really cheap, cause they have you dump the car off at a junk yard and then they pick it up when they can. Guess who has the keys to your ride when it's at the yard? Whoever runs the yard and they like nice cars that they can never have, Trust me, I have used that company once and got a truck that was sent with 4 miles and it got here with 34, plus some nice damage to the front bumper. And since the tryck changes hands a few times during delivery, no one is liable. I had to go back to the selling dealer that recommended that POS company to get some money back. I have heard alot of other horror stories as well.

Swine
03-18-06, 03:20 PM
DO NOT USE DAS if you like your car. They are really cheap, cause they have you dump the car off at a junk yard and then they pick it up when they can. Guess who has the keys to your ride when it's at the yard? Whoever runs the yard and they like nice cars that they can never have, Trust me, I have used that company once and got a truck that was sent with 4 miles and it got here with 34, plus some nice damage to the front bumper. And since the tryck changes hands a few times during delivery, no one is liable. I had to go back to the selling dealer that recommended that POS company to get some money back. I have heard alot of other horror stories as well.Yikes:rant2:

Thanks for the heads up- this is exactly the type of info I was looking for

Spittin Game
03-18-06, 06:21 PM
DO NOT USE DAS if you like your car. They are really cheap, cause they have you dump the car off at a junk yard and then they pick it up when they can. Guess who has the keys to your ride when it's at the yard? Whoever runs the yard and they like nice cars that they can never have, Trust me, I have used that company once and got a truck that was sent with 4 miles and it got here with 34, plus some nice damage to the front bumper. And since the tryck changes hands a few times during delivery, no one is liable. I had to go back to the selling dealer that recommended that POS company to get some money back. I have heard alot of other horror stories as well.

Wow, I was just about to post about DAS. My buddy used them for his supra, and said they were absolutely awful!

cburand
03-18-06, 09:52 PM
If you are buying, please make sure you see the car in person first. Just drove to Ny a few weeks ago check in hand and the truck was far worse than the pictures showed.

05 Cadillac Escalade
03-18-06, 11:36 PM
I would use "Exotic Car Transport" to transport your Escalade from Illinois to Florida. My family has used them in the past for all sorts of cars and this company has only been great for us. I am very pleased with their care for the cars they are transporting. If you would like, you can check out their website and get a quote at www.exoticcartransport.com (http://www.exoticcartransport.com). Good luck.

Thanks.

integline
03-19-06, 04:22 AM
also u can google the name of the company to see reviews. be very careful here. my buddy got jacked by a moving company like 3g's. just do a little research.

Swine
03-19-06, 07:12 AM
If you are buying, please make sure you see the car in person first. Just drove to Ny a few weeks ago check in hand and the truck was far worse than the pictures showed.Unfortunatley, I just don't have the time, so I had it taken to the local Cadillac dealer where the truck sists, and had it inspected. They said it was very clean, so I'm hoping they are correct. I'm pretty nervous, though...

I would use "Exotic Car Transport" to transport your Escalade from Illinois to Florida. My family has used them in the past for all sorts of cars and this company has only been great for us. I am very pleased with their care for the cars they are transporting. If you would like, you can check out their website and get a quote at www.exoticcartransport.com (http://www.exoticcartransport.com/). Good luck.
Thanks, I just filled out thier quote request form:)

caddycruiser
03-19-06, 10:59 AM
We sold a '69 Chevelle to a person in New Hampshire (we're in Delaware) and she used Passport Transport, which I think is also known as FedEx now.

Simply put, they were TERRIFIC. Right on time, extremely knowledgeable, very protective and cautious with the car, and they use sealed/closed shipping trailors, so it was completely away from the elements. All that, and I don't think she paid all that much either, at least compared to some of the other screwball companies.

I'd recommend them:thumbsup:

MRANT212
03-19-06, 11:21 PM
Use FED-EX Custom Critical Transport. I used them for my 71 Vette from Chicago to my home of NJ. Great service and they were one of the most reasonable out there. You can get quotes off their website for both carrier or enclosed trailer.

Anthony

hcvone
03-20-06, 06:55 AM
http://www.intercitylines.com/

I have used this company several times, they move many of the Barrett Jackson cars, that is how I found them, would not use anyone else, they also move one of my customers Enzo's around the country. :)