: A positive service experience

theformer
03-17-06, 09:18 AM
Prior to the V, I was previously driving a Volvo S60R. It was a pretty decent car, but what really drove me away from it was the crappy dealer service.:banghead: They just never felt like fixing stuff that was wrong with the car.

I just turned 1000 miles and found some of the metal interior handles were loose and the front passenger seat rocked back and forth.

So, I called my dealer, Silver Star in Thousand Oaks and they got me in the next day. They gave me an SRX (with the V-8 :thumbsup:) for a loaner rather than the crappy enterprise cars Volvo always stuck me with. They were polite and seemingly eager to help. They fixed both of my problems without hassle.:bouncy:

Obviously, this was a pretty basic set of issues, but it's a much better start with Cadillac than I ever had with Volvo. I sure hope this continues, given some of the trouble folks on this forum have had.

CIWS
03-17-06, 11:34 AM
If you find a good dealership willing to work well with you, stick with them and pass on the info. :thumbsup:

Also it would be helpful to utilize the Dealership rank on the FAQ page to let others know of your experience(s).

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/dealerrank/

CADI-V
03-18-06, 02:57 AM
So did they fix the V...? Thanks for the info, I might need to make a little longer of a trip to Thousand Oaks.

theformer
03-18-06, 10:21 AM
Yep. Both of my issues were fixed. Of course, like I mentioned, these were pretty basic... nothing that was specific to the V which is where the challenge really lies. We'll see how the car and dealership hold up throughout.