: UUC and New Bushings

V Amazed
03-17-06, 12:17 AM
Is there any increased noisyness with the UUC/bushings combo? Thanks

Ben

sotxmike
03-17-06, 12:44 AM
I finished the install of bushings & UUC yesterday...took it out and there was no increase of noise anywhere. Just precise, crisp shifts. Vast improvement. The V rocks.

beers
03-17-06, 01:01 AM
:yeah:

Also just installed the bushings tonight - UUC shifter was already installed. Have noticed no additional noise, just extra crispness to the shift. A definite must! Thanks James at Lindsay!

Lindsay Cadillac
03-17-06, 06:26 AM
No increase in noise at all. Just a decrease in play/movement.

:thumbsup:

trukk
03-17-06, 09:32 AM
No increase in noise at all. Just a decrease in play/movement.

:thumbsup:

Mine is definately louder than stock. there is a bit of tranny noise (you can hear the shaft spinning sitting at a stop with it in nuetral, and the clutch disengaged. Engage the clutch and the sound stops. Not very loud but you can hear it with the radio off/windows up. It also transmits a bit more rear end noise into the cabin (unelss the new '06 diff I had installed at the same time is just REALLY loud).

James, if you think my situation isn't quite right, then let me know and I'll bring it in :D . Perhaps I need to change my gear oil?

-Chris

BadCad
03-17-06, 05:41 PM
Was the rubber boot from stock shifter reinstalled on the UUC? Also, was the foam around the shifter stalk (inside the console) put back in? You should not have any increase in road noise from the UUC install.

ewill3rd
03-17-06, 07:13 PM
Yes, you should hear no increase in noise unless someone left the foam out of the console.
Pull the boot up and see if there is a big black piece of foam in there, if not go back to where it was installed and ask them where it went.

teros1
03-17-06, 07:30 PM
Yes, more sound (not noise) -- but only because you'll be shifting at redline more!

The mod has no downside IMO....

Bob

Lindsay Cadillac
03-17-06, 08:15 PM
Mine is definately louder than stock. there is a bit of tranny noise (you can hear the shaft spinning sitting at a stop with it in nuetral, and the clutch disengaged. Engage the clutch and the sound stops. Not very loud but you can hear it with the radio off/windows up. It also transmits a bit more rear end noise into the cabin (unelss the new '06 diff I had installed at the same time is just REALLY loud).

James, if you think my situation isn't quite right, then let me know and I'll bring it in :D . Perhaps I need to change my gear oil?

-ChrisChris,

It shouldn't be any louder than stock... We'd be glad to take a look at it... Gear oil could be the problem... We can get it in one day next week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday...

GT04CTS-V
03-17-06, 08:37 PM

-Chris

Maybe its because your rear makes too much noise. The car is prolly fine. :thepan:

GT

trukk
03-20-06, 11:14 AM
Yes, you should hear no increase in noise unless someone left the foam out of the console.
Pull the boot up and see if there is a big black piece of foam in there, if not go back to where it was installed and ask them where it went.

LOL, it was you Bill :D

I just left James a V-Mail.

I'm gonna try and bring it by on Wednesday.

-Chris

ewill3rd
03-20-06, 11:30 AM
Is the foam gone?
I can't believe that I'd leave it out.