: Sewell Cadillac Dallas Texas

ZMAN III
03-16-06, 10:40 PM
Just got the V back for the dealership (GSD3's, Oil, Window Tint, and new TPS for front left tire) and I'm very happy with the service every time I've gone there. Just thought I'd let all the local V owners know the Sewell Cadillac near Dallas Love Field seems to know what's going on.:highfive:

They always seem to have the car longer than expected(normally 1/2 day longer), but I always get it back the way I want it.:thumbsup:

Gordy Petrovski
03-16-06, 10:57 PM
Zman thats good to know my car is going in on Wed to replace the radio,bushings & they said they would look at my wheels, the finish is coming off. They told me they would RESERVE a loaner car for when I come in. I could only trust my baby to them.Sewell Cadillac (Dallas) 2 :thumbsup:

ZMAN III
03-16-06, 11:26 PM
I worked with John O'Keefe and he seemed very reasonable and had good common sense. When you get the new bushings installed you should let me know if you notice a real difference; I've heard a ton of people say there was no improvement.

If you get a chance you can email me at tzazado@yahoo.com and let me know about the bushings when you get the car back.

V Amazed
03-17-06, 12:09 AM
glad you guys have had good experience with sewell. Do not let their body shop touch your car. Mine's been in for 2 months for relatively minor damages. As far as waiting goes, they take FOREVER to get service done. There hasn't been a single time that my car has been in their shop for less than a week.

Ben

ctsvett
03-17-06, 12:19 AM
give them positive feed back on dealerrank:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/dealerrank/

Reed

CIWS
03-17-06, 05:19 AM
I've had my car in their service 5 times now. I've worked with John a couple of times. Once was fine and once was a pain. But can't really lean too far one way or the other yet with him. Part of what I'm learning with them is how to explain what and when you need things. If you give them a free hand they will take all day with the car, even if it's only a couple of hours worth of maintenance (i.e. bad experience with John). So if you don't want them taking all day for minor maintenance, tell them you need the car back by a certain time.

Sewell Collision center can be a different story. I had to have the front end repainted (hood , front facia, front windshield , grill , and headlights replaced) and it took them 16 days to get the car back with me hammering "what's taking so long" during the last 6 of those. When I got it back although the needed work was done OK I now had other issues for them to solve and have had to take the car back twice to get it completed. Three of the guys I worked with there were very nice and tried to be helpful, but the time they take and quality of work are questionable.

TXSilverV
03-17-06, 08:18 AM
Sewell In Grapevine rocks! Matt will fix almost anything on my car even though it is a lot of mods. No questions asked. They always have a car for me to drive and they seem to be faster than Sewell Dallas.

Imperator
03-17-06, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback... I'll make a visit to Sewell Grapevine soon.

ZMAN: How much did the tint job cost, what film and grade was used? I've got to get my car tinted; I'm thinking 35% is too light though, but 20% may be too dark. 35% all-around is the legal limit. :bigroll:

04CTSVforMe
03-17-06, 09:42 AM
Carl Sewell is a pioneer in customer service, and his dealships always get well deserved praise. One thing I found interesting in this thread is "reserving" a loaner car.

I've been happily using Crest Cadillac, and from day one have always gotten a loaner vehicle from their onsite Enterprise rent-a-car... without having to ask. (I didn't even buy my V from them) They have become accustomed to trying to give me a vehicle that is worthy of that which I have in the shop, even with lighthearted "sorry we don't have a V for you".

I believe the Dallas area premium car dealers' service has been elevated from the expectations set by Sewell!

Closer_2001
03-17-06, 03:34 PM
ZMAN: How much did the tint job cost, what film and grade was used? I've got to get my car tinted; I'm thinking 35% is too light though, but 20% may be too dark. 35% all-around is the legal limit. :bigroll:

Used to run an Acura store in Plano -

We used PROTINT at Summerside and Preston Rd in North Dallas for every single car since 1990.

Claudio is the owner - good guys - good price. 972-713-6861

We did 35 sides and 20 rear on my V - Charcoal. This is not a heavy metallic tint, but was chosen to eliminate interferance with the Navi antenna.

CIWS
03-17-06, 04:14 PM
We did 35 sides and 20 rear on my V - Charcoal. This is not a heavy metallic tint, but was chosen to eliminate interferance with the Navi antenna.

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I went ahead and had them stick ceramic tint on mine. Just in case of possible interference or problems. :)

verbs
03-17-06, 04:39 PM
I had ups and downs with Sewell...when I bought my car from their internet sales group (Chris Short) specifically, the car was listed as flawless but in fact had huge dents on the driver side door that were so obvious it was rediculous. When a member here checked it out for me and let me know about it, they played dumb which was BS IMO.

They had their body shop fix the dents, but you can tell it's not perfect with a careful eye when it's up on a rack. Other than that they were very responsive to my requests and made the purchase process smooth.

CIWS
03-17-06, 04:54 PM
I might have seen your Stealth Grey sitting there one day shortly after I purchased mine in December. When did you get it from them ?

urbanski
03-17-06, 05:00 PM
Carl Sewell is a pioneer in customer service, and his dealships always get well deserved praise. One thing I found interesting in this thread is "reserving" a loaner car.

I've been happily using Crest Cadillac, and from day one have always gotten a loaner vehicle from their onsite Enterprise rent-a-car... without having to ask. (I didn't even buy my V from them) They have become accustomed to trying to give me a vehicle that is worthy of that which I have in the shop, even with lighthearted "sorry we don't have a V for you".

I believe the Dallas area premium car dealers' service has been elevated from the expectations set by Sewell!
Shocking the contrast between Sewell up there, and the Sewell-owned Ken Batchelor shop here.
Service? They dented, yes dented 10 of my lug nuts changing tires. The porter for service, first thing he does is stick a huge magnetic sign on your roof. Then they run it thru a mechanical car wash, when you told them not to.
Body shop? Used a dirty pad on an orbital buffer. Left 2 old sheets of 1000grit sandpaper inside my door! Didn't think i'd find them, did you guys :rolleyes:
Sales? Quoted me 1 price for my trade, lowered it when the time came to sign the papers. God why didnt i walk away?

Reserving a Caddy loaner i think is common practice. If you shop uses Enterprise, they have virtually an unlimited supply. There are only so many Caddy loaners, should the shop not chose to contract with Enterprise.

verbs
03-17-06, 05:11 PM
I might have seen your Stealth Grey sitting there one day shortly after I purchased mine in December. When did you get it from them ?Sept.

CIWS
03-17-06, 05:14 PM
I guess that wasn't it then ;)

Parker
03-17-06, 09:02 PM
Yeah, there so great they VOIDED my warranty.....****ers.

Gordy Petrovski
03-17-06, 09:18 PM
OK Parker my bad, THEY SUCK A** is that better?

CIWS
03-18-06, 05:48 AM
Yeah, there so great they VOIDED my warranty.....****ers.

Actually this is the very reason I'm going to limit my engine based mods to the car for now. Plus I want to wait until we have a more solid solution ready for a differential that can withstand the added HP boosts. I really don't want to drop 3K for a OEM diff that may go bad again after that.

Parker
03-18-06, 08:42 AM
Yes Gordy, much better, thanks.

V Amazed
03-18-06, 12:52 PM
sewell in dallas stole my led zeppelin CD out of disk location 6 (i play the rock and roll song when in need of an adrenaline rush), and gave me back 2 bald rear tires at 3500 miles. I can't prove that they were the ones who balded the tires, unfortunately. I have a friend whose buddy works at Sewell in houston, and he said his personal record for a V was 160 mph. This is a shop technician mind you, not the owner of the vehicle.

Ben

ZMAN III
03-18-06, 01:47 PM
Imperator,

They put 20% in the back and 35% in the front. Cost was $299 for material and labor; they also used Formula One tint.

Imperator
03-18-06, 05:53 PM
Thanks ZMAN, I think that's what I'll go with also.

I just dropped the car off with Matt in Grapevine. I gave him a list of known-issues to be fixed... the FAQ and search are my friends. Let's see how this turns out. Meanwhile, I have a 230-mile '06 loaner CTS.

CIWS
03-18-06, 07:26 PM
Did you also drop off a copy of a Powerpoint presentation of the needed repairs ? ;)

Imperator
03-18-06, 07:43 PM
:highfive: Nearly... I printed out relevant TSBs from the FAQ and included a page from the CTS forum on another issue.

Now that I've spent some time in this '06 CTS loaner, I know my XM radio complaint likely won't be resolved... they ALL sound this horrible. Hurry up Directed, I want my Sirius back!

Imperator
03-18-06, 07:45 PM
:Threadjacked:

CIWS, who did you tint and what did it cost you? I read up on the Optik ceramic product... looks like it's just as good of not better than Formula One at heat rejection. :hmm:

CIWS
03-18-06, 07:59 PM
Alta Mere in Plano. The Optik ceramic stuff is more expensive, 399.00 all around vs 299.00 for the other stuff.