: Update on Sage Green caddy sightings!

Jonas McFeely
03-16-06, 10:38 PM
Two things: My father sent me a link on autotrader.com and it was for an '85 Green fleetwood,dont know if its sage or aspen green.The car has 104k and its going for $6000,so someone knows its rare.

Just now,amybe 15 minutes ago,i was sitting around with some friends drinking(its spring break) and watching American History X,it was on one of the movie channels,i dont have the DVD.So im watching it,just chilling,and i see these black dudes drive by in a caddy.this is toward the end of the movie,right when he gets out of jail.They show that caddy again,i see that it is a Fleetwood Brougham,they show it again,its a SAGE GREEN Fleetwood Brougham! I was like WTF,and all of my friends were like what the hell is wrong with you.I explained and they still looked at me like i was crazy.So that is 2 confirmed sighting,4 potential sightings.My father saw one in maryland,and i just saw one on that movie.I thought i saw one on cops and the one for sale right now on the internet.

I know most of you probably dont care.I am going to keep a record of the ones i see,and if i ever see a coupe,well,i dont know what id do....

DopeStar 156
03-16-06, 10:56 PM
Keep a record of them and everytime you see one buy it. LOL! Then you'll controlt he world's supply!!!!! *Maniacal laughter*

CadiJeff
03-16-06, 11:30 PM
a few years ago there was a green probably sage (looked like yours) 84 fleetwood brougham coupe that frequented this area.

DopeStar 156
03-17-06, 03:18 AM
Not the sage green, but the lighter version on this '77 Coupe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-DeVille-1977-Cadillac-Coupe-DeVille-Excellent-Condition-LOW-MIL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6146QQitemZ46216512 41QQrdZ1

Destroyer
03-17-06, 07:34 AM
Enough already on this Sage green stuff!. Ever wonder why its rare? Food for thought. :eek:

Night Wolf
03-17-06, 10:59 AM
Not the sage green, but the lighter version on this '77 Coupe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-DeVille-1977-Cadillac-Coupe-DeVille-Excellent-Condition-LOW-MIL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6146QQitemZ46216512 41QQrdZ1

Thats quite possibly the worst color for that car.....

Sorry but these cars aren't worth alot of money.... and something like the color on a 1985 Brougham isn't going to bring in twice the price of any other.

Destroyer
03-17-06, 12:40 PM
Thats quite possibly the worst color for that car.....

Sorry but these cars aren't worth alot of money.... and something like the color on a 1985 Brougham isn't going to bring in twice the price of any other.
True. I mean its cool that its a rare color but I dont necessarily think its worth making multiple threads about it and mentioning it constantly. And, it is still green, Im a bit older than the kid but I would imagine that color is gonna make it 2 strikes against him as far as picking up girls. First of course being thats its a big 'ole Caddy with no bumpers!.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-17-06, 12:54 PM
Theres only a few cars that green looks good on, and only a few shades of green look good on said cars. That being said, I also do not like green leather..of any shade..in any car!

Jonas McFeely
03-17-06, 01:29 PM
True. I mean its cool that its a rare color but I dont necessarily think its worth making multiple threads about it and mentioning it constantly. And, it is still green, Im a bit older than the kid but I would imagine that color is gonna make it 2 strikes against him as far as picking up girls. First of course being thats its a big 'ole Caddy with no bumpers!.

Its money green,most girls i know think its cool.yeah it looks like shit now,but it will look good again.And i made this thread when i was drunk.I'll try not to do that anymore.Sorry if my car is too cool for you...

Destroyer
03-17-06, 01:42 PM
Its money green,most girls i know think its cool.yeah it looks like shit now,but it will look good again.And i made this thread when i was drunk.I'll try not to do that anymore.Sorry if my car is too cool for you...
Never said it looked like shit. I personally kinda like it. I know what cars look like without bumpers, doors, hoods, engines, etc. I've built quite a few so I'm not looking at it and saying its garbage, I know it can and probably will look real nice when you are done. I'm just saying enough with the sage green stuff, its cool, its different, its green. Maybe you are right, it may may be too cool for me.

Bro-Ham
03-17-06, 02:04 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! It's more than appropriate that we're talking about a sage green Cadillac today! I LOVE IT! As for this car being rare, of course it is! Whether it's worth a ton of $$$: who knows?! Let's help out our friend, who is very enthusiastic about his car, to try to find his coupe so he can just be happy in this world like we all hope to be ourselves.

Hey, we know you were drunk before, and you should probably have a few today to toast St. Patrick and also lift the glass in a toast to your very unique car that you love and that we all can't wait to see pictures of when you get it finished! Have fun, be yourself, do what you want when you want to do it and live and love life. Bye bye! :-)

Night Wolf
03-17-06, 02:21 PM

I agree.

Night Wolf
03-17-06, 02:29 PM
Green is one of my favorite colors.... but its gotta be the right shade of green and on the right vehicle... only certain combos really work....

of the combos that DO work, this is one of my favorite:

2nd gen RAM.... if I got a RAM, it'd be in green :).

http://i13.ebayimg.com/04/a/06/7c/02/df_4.JPG

Jonas McFeely
03-17-06, 03:07 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! It's more than appropriate that we're talking about a sage green Cadillac today! I LOVE IT! As for this car being rare, of course it is! Whether it's worth a ton of $$$: who knows?! Let's help out our friend, who is very enthusiastic about his car, to try to find his coupe so he can just be happy in this world like we all hope to be ourselves.

Hey, we know you were drunk before, and you should probably have a few today to toast St. Patrick and also lift the glass in a toast to your very unique car that you love and that we all can't wait to see pictures of when you get it finished! Have fun, be yourself, do what you want when you want to do it and live and love life. Bye bye! :-)

What a nice guy.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-17-06, 03:10 PM
Heh since it's saint Patty's day, maybe I should drive my dad's forest green '97 Lumina today!

Jonas McFeely
03-17-06, 03:14 PM
You should.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-17-06, 03:15 PM
Eh..its not worth it, I hate that car, its only redeeming point is it gets pretty good fuel economy.

Destroyer
03-17-06, 04:11 PM
Hey, we know you were drunk before, and you should probably have a few today to toast St. Patrick and also lift the glass in a toast to your very unique car that you love:-) ............and his friends thought he was weird before when mentioning the green Caddy on American History X. What will they think when he toasts his car during celebrations?.......strike 3!. :thepan:

DopeStar 156
03-17-06, 04:26 PM
I'm italian... I feel left out......

Jonas McFeely
03-17-06, 06:18 PM
............and his friends thought he was weird before when mentioning the green Caddy on American History X. What will they think when he toasts his car during celebrations?.......strike 3!. :thepan:

Man,you just dont quit! I guess thats what i deserve for calling you names...

Its all in good fun

Destroyer
03-17-06, 07:28 PM
Eh..its not worth it, I hate that car, its only redeeming point is it gets pretty good fuel economy.You did the right thing. :thumbsup:

Night Wolf
03-17-06, 10:03 PM
I'm italian... I feel left out......

A gothic Italian? Geeze.... paint the Brougham black and put some weight on, wear a suit and say How ya doin'? and baddabingbaddaboom.

I am 100% Italian....mwuahahahahahahah

DopeStar 156
03-17-06, 11:21 PM
A gothic Italian? Geeze.... paint the Brougham black and put some weight on, wear a suit and say How ya doin'? and baddabingbaddaboom.

I am 100% Italian....mwuahahahahahahah
I'm 100% I have a red white and green tassle on my column shifter and that little red horn on the tilt adjustment. I also own a black pinstripe suit but I have a red shirt and a black tie. I'm also covered in jewelry. I represent.....

Night Wolf
03-18-06, 12:50 AM
I'm 100% I have a red white and green tassle on my column shifter and that little red horn on the tilt adjustment. I also own a black pinstripe suit but I have a red shirt and a black tie. I'm also covered in jewelry. I represent.....

:thumbsup:

DopeStar 156
03-18-06, 02:15 AM
Haha Italian enough?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/ringsleft.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/ringsright.jpg

MangoLovesYou
03-18-06, 08:36 AM
I know this is kinda off topic, but where did you get those little caddie models in the backround of your pics? Ive been looking for models like that (ones from the 70's and 80's) for ages! There so cool.

So, whered ya get em?

DopeStar 156
03-18-06, 10:55 AM
Haha I think this thread went off topic around the middle of page 1. They're both the same model actually, I just heavily modded one and painted it. The maroon one I gutted the whole thing and set it to a proper ride height and locked it there. The other one still has the hydraullics and remote so it still bounces. I painted the chrome and details on both cars and painted the original white top on the blue one a dark blue and changed the wheels on it to a set of gold spokes. I made little lisence plates for both of them.

http://i16.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/6d/4f/45_1.JPG

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/79deville1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/79deville2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/79lowrider1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/79lowrider2.jpg

Night Wolf
03-18-06, 11:10 AM
LOL! We did this in another thread... I have the same '79 Coupe right here in front of me :).... I bought it when my '79 was still in NY..... now the '79 is gone :(.

Still, they are cool :).

Anyway, gosh your blingin' lol.... I don't wear any jewlery...well, a nice silver watch my friend from Long Island got me when I visted her right before leaving for FL.... I have a host of gold chains (gotta rep :) ) but I don't wear them... plus I don't like gold....

DopeStar 156
03-18-06, 08:57 PM
Me too. I got lotsa gold chains and a cross (Which is a waste on me now. Haha.) I also have a gold bracelet with my name in it done up with jewels. Haha blinnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!

Night Wolf
03-18-06, 09:51 PM
and a cross (Which is a waste on me now. Haha.)

:( :( :( :(

DopeStar 156
03-19-06, 01:09 AM
:( :( :( :(
Sorry.... no offense.... Last time it put it on it burnt a cross shaped scar into my chest. Haha.

brougham_geezer
03-20-06, 05:52 PM
sorry to put this thread anywhere back near the topic, but i found this browsing around and thought some people might like even more sage green action, as we simply havn't had enough yet!

haha, here's what EvergreenBrougham was talking about in American History X:

http://www16.brinkster.com/rudiger/dvd/cadillac.asp?f=americanhistoryx

browse that site for a number of nice "Cads in movies" shots.

Jonas McFeely
03-20-06, 08:31 PM
Awesome! Though i dont think that is sage green.I think that is blackwatch green.Not sure though.I like it though,and the dark green top on it.Thank you for sharing that.