• Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • GMC Envoy Denali AWD

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD

Votes: 3 21.4%
786 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Patrick7997 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to replace my Sierra Denali with a GM midsize SUV / crossover. My wife needs a lower vehicle and we need the flexibility of a truck or SUV. It has to be GM - family ties. Since I'm planning to keep my CTS, I'll drive it about 10 - 15K miles a year and may lease it. The three options:

- SRX V8 AWD: great comfort, good looks inside & out, plenty of headroom even with sunroof, luxury, good power, good handling, lacks towing capacity, about $10K more than other two choices.

- Envoy Denali AWD: Good looks, attractive interior, good towing capacity, OK handling, weak V8 (at least with 3.42 rearend), lacks headroom with sunroof, OK comfort.

- Trailblazer SS AWD: Awesome power, great handling, good looks, lacks headroom with sunroof, boring interior, OK comfort, good towing capacity, lowest MPG of the three.

OK, which would you choose?

Clarifications: My wife does not drive. As long as my father, who had a 31 year career with GM, is alive, I will buy GM.

#4 ·
I'd pick the Envoy Denali. But I really don't know your needs, are you going to be towing a boat or anything? Do you need cargo space?

I do, however, think you're making a mistake by just looking at GM SUV's. You might like the Ford Explorer or Freestyle more than a GM SUV. I don't care for many GM Vehicles with the exception of a few Cadillac's. It'd be wise to look at other brands instead of having a stubborn mindset and only consider one.

If your wife is going to be primarily driving it, I think she would love the Lexus RX330. This is a crossover SUV with exceptional gas mileage. It also has AWD and a plush interior. http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/overview.aspx?year=2006&make=Lexus&model=RX 330

It's up to you, but it might be to your benefit (and your wallets) to consider a non-GM vehicle.

#5 ·
SpeedyArizona said:
I'd pick the Envoy Denali. But I really don't know your needs, are you going to be towing a boat or anything? Do you need cargo space?

I do, however, think you're making a mistake by just looking at GM SUV's. You might like the Ford Explorer or Freestyle more than a GM SUV. I don't care for many GM Vehicles with the exception of a few Cadillac's. It'd be wise to look at other brands instead of having a stubborn mindset and only consider one.

If your wife is going to be primarily driving it, I think she would love the Lexus RX330. This is a crossover SUV with exceptional gas mileage. It also has AWD and a plush interior. http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/overview.aspx?year=2006&make=Lexus&model=RX%20330

It's up to you, but it might be to your benefit (and your wallets) to consider a non-GM vehicle.
Word up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.