: New SUV Choices

c5 rv
03-16-06, 07:28 PM
I'm looking to replace my Sierra Denali with a GM midsize SUV / crossover. My wife needs a lower vehicle and we need the flexibility of a truck or SUV. It has to be GM - family ties. Since I'm planning to keep my CTS, I'll drive it about 10 - 15K miles a year and may lease it. The three options:

- SRX V8 AWD: great comfort, good looks inside & out, plenty of headroom even with sunroof, luxury, good power, good handling, lacks towing capacity, about $10K more than other two choices.

- Envoy Denali AWD: Good looks, attractive interior, good towing capacity, OK handling, weak V8 (at least with 3.42 rearend), lacks headroom with sunroof, OK comfort.

- Trailblazer SS AWD: Awesome power, great handling, good looks, lacks headroom with sunroof, boring interior, OK comfort, good towing capacity, lowest MPG of the three.

OK, which would you choose?

Clarifications: My wife does not drive. As long as my father, who had a 31 year career with GM, is alive, I will buy GM.

Jesda
03-16-06, 07:30 PM
TBSS for looks, for power, and for driveability. It could replace a sedan with that much performance.

Jonas McFeely
03-16-06, 07:32 PM
I would definately spring for the SRX.I mean it wins like every comparo its in.Car magazines love it,theres reasons behind that.Plus its a Cadillac.I say drive them all,and bet you pick the Caddy.

SpeedyArizona
03-16-06, 07:49 PM
I'd pick the Envoy Denali. But I really don't know your needs, are you going to be towing a boat or anything? Do you need cargo space?

I do, however, think you're making a mistake by just looking at GM SUV's. You might like the Ford Explorer or Freestyle more than a GM SUV. I don't care for many GM Vehicles with the exception of a few Cadillac's. It'd be wise to look at other brands instead of having a stubborn mindset and only consider one.

If your wife is going to be primarily driving it, I think she would love the Lexus RX330. This is a crossover SUV with exceptional gas mileage. It also has AWD and a plush interior. http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/overview.aspx?year=2006&make=Lexus&model=RX%20330

It's up to you, but it might be to your benefit (and your wallets) to consider a non-GM vehicle.

Jonas McFeely
03-16-06, 07:52 PM
I'd pick the Envoy Denali. But I really don't know your needs, are you going to be towing a boat or anything? Do you need cargo space?

I do, however, think you're making a mistake by just looking at GM SUV's. You might like the Ford Explorer or Freestyle more than a GM SUV. I don't care for many GM Vehicles with the exception of a few Cadillac's. It'd be wise to look at other brands instead of having a stubborn mindset and only consider one.

If your wife is going to be primarily driving it, I think she would love the Lexus RX330. This is a crossover SUV with exceptional gas mileage. It also has AWD and a plush interior. http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/overview.aspx?year=2006&make=Lexus&model=RX%20330

It's up to you, but it might be to your benefit (and your wallets) to consider a non-GM vehicle.

Word up.

Zorb750
03-16-06, 09:03 PM
I vote SRX but would really rather have the X5 4.6is, if it has to be new, X5 4.8is. Track performance is phenomenal and it's very fast.

Elvis
03-17-06, 09:48 AM
I voted for the Envoy Denali. I have a problem with bow ties, and although I liked the SRX, I thought it was a little overpriced and too "soccer mom" for me.

Patrick7997
03-17-06, 12:42 PM
If you don't have to tow, The SRX is the way to go....

If you have to tow something, get the Envoy.