: wheels almost jacked

yeloboi
03-16-06, 06:22 PM
How many of my fellow lade owners with big wheels have proximity alarms?

The reason i ask is because the other morning about 4:30 in the am i start my ext up with the remote start from the house put it in reverse start to back up and boom my truck falls to the ground. I look up and my lugs are on the ground. Get out the truck and the frame is sitting on the wheels.

Nothing was hurt except my pride and center caps. Bad thing is my alarm never went off. So no i will buy a proximity alert to add on to the one i already have with a back up battery.

B.T.W. I have gianelle 5 shot 24's The alarm is a viper if any one was wondering... Any ideas would be apreciated........

Synergetic
03-16-06, 07:58 PM
How many of my fellow lade owners with big wheels have proximity alarms?

The reason i ask is because the other morning about 4:30 in the am i start my ext up with the remote start from the house put it in reverse start to back up and boom my truck falls to the ground. I look up and my lugs are on the ground. Get out the truck and the frame is sitting on the wheels.

Nothing was hurt except my pride and center caps. Bad thing is my alarm never went off. So no i will buy a proximity alert to add on to the one i already have with a back up battery.

B.T.W. I have gianelle 5 shot 24's The alarm is a viper if any one was wondering... Any ideas would be apreciated........

I have a Viper alarm and my wheels almost got jacked one time too. But I know for fact, when any lug nut is loosened - my alarm screams LOUD!!

I walked into a store to get some directions to a street while I was looking for a local shop. I was in the store for less than 4 minutes, came out to 2 cars parked on both side of my truck (where nobody was parked, in the parking lot). One of the cars trunk was open and two guys were pulling out a car jack. Mid length story, short - I took care of it, but it was a close call. I'm glad to say, it wasn't grocery shopping day! :)

cadnathan
03-16-06, 08:10 PM
Synergetic -

What did you do to stop them for jacking your rims? In today's age, I would be scared of getting a gun drawn on me.

Yelo -

I would go with a proximity alarm, as well as a few extra horns so that when your alarm goes off, the neighbors will be hearing it as well. Also, get a proximity spotlight so when people get close to your truck, it shins on them. Being seen scares the sh*t out of theives.

Synergetic
03-16-06, 08:24 PM
Synergetic -

What did you do to stop them for jacking your rims? In today's age, I would be scared of getting a gun drawn on me.

I'll be more cautious after I move down to Los Angeles, but I won't let someone "punk" me and take something that I worked hard to get (my 24's). I agree with you and don't encourage anyone on this forum, or outside this forum to take care of it themselves.

Sometimes it can turn into a gun being drawn on you. So with that said, just have your gun ready to be drawn! (Laughing and just kidding!)

yeloboi
03-16-06, 08:27 PM
What stopped them was the truck starting up. Who know's what would've happened 15 min earlier or later.....

hornyjuan
03-16-06, 08:48 PM
Definetly get airhorns. Get a tilt sensor so if they jack your car up the alarm goes off. Get a powerlock so they can't hot wire your car. Then get alertrack so you'll get paged if someone tows your car. The main thing is having a reputable installer be able to hide everything and have backup batteries just in case thieves disable the power to your main power (not just battery but your alarm's backup power).

jordan00escalade
03-16-06, 09:04 PM
I'll be more cautious after I move down to Los Angeles, but I won't let someone "punk" me and take something that I worked hard to get (my 24's). I agree with you and don't encourage anyone on this forum, or outside this forum to take care of it themselves.

Sometimes it can turn into a gun being drawn on you. So with that said, just have your gun ready to be drawn! (Laughing and just kidding!)

Yea.. I just got a registered Glock 21 (45 cal.). Some people were in my garage, and ran when I opened the door about a month ago. Don't know if they are coming back or not, I'd just rather be safe than sorry. I'm still uncertain if it's the truck they were after or not>? I had other valubles in the garage and nothing was taken.. And they knew someone was home, cause all the windows and lights were on. I'd say protect yourself, you have a right too! I'm in a very nice neighborhood in San Mateo, I guess I just got too comfortable and started taking security for granted. Just had to have one encounter to open my eyes to reality.

blown black caddy
03-16-06, 09:22 PM
I know there is a theft ring going around right now in So Cal snatching SUV's with anything over a 20" rim! I was hit in January. I got it back the next day minus the wheels and sound system. I was told by the shop that did my install is if they really want your vehicle it's there for the taking. You wouldn't believe what I learned about breaking into a GM vehicle after mine was stolen. It's too easy, no key necessary. Alarms help and slow them down but the pros can get past that also. Thank goodness for full coverage. :thumbsup:

Synergetic
03-16-06, 09:27 PM
I have had a few people in my garage. One recently after I tried selling those extra GM Navigations I bought off the internet. A little rediculous to go to extent over a few GM navigations. My alarm went off too, so I ran out there and my garage light was on, my side garage door was wide open and some things had been pushed around.

jrs05caddyext
03-16-06, 09:48 PM
Be real careful. Iím real paranoid of my truck getting jacked again. Every were I go im on the look out especially in the early morning on my way to work. I try to look at my soroundings to make sure no one is watching or following me. I would get all the sensors you can get for your alarm. It gets annoying sometimes when the warn sire keeps on going of for the smallest movements. I have to play around with the sensibility a little more.

EXTadic
03-17-06, 12:59 PM
I live in Los angeles and have owned my truck a short time. I live in the SF valley and commute to the compton area five days a week. when I'm running errands around my place of business I take extra care in keeping a look out when i'm stopped at a light I watch my rearview mirrors for anyone trying to sneek up on me from behind. I always leave enough room between me and the car in front and choose lanes that won't box me in. I have my sig 220 in the truck,an AR 15 in the house and a walther ppk in the office. I realize that it will be very unlikely that I can get to my weapons when the need for them arrises. when some 17 year old crackhead with nothing to lose comes up on you from behind you don't think of anything but seeing your family and how much they would miss you if you get brave and fail. The reason I have the weapons is because it's always better to have and not need then the other way around. My whits and my common sense are my best protection. It's just metal,leather and plastic. Period. NO part of my truck is worth getting shot for. I completly agree with having enough insurance leads to peace of mind. Also a $2.00 switch and a $3.00 relay connected to the fuel pump stops 90% of the crooks out there. Thats my 2.5 cents

Nasty Black Lac
03-17-06, 01:09 PM
Yea.. I just got a registered Glock 21 (45 cal.)....

Love the Glocks, I have a model 23 (.40 cal) myself.

jrs05caddyext
03-17-06, 01:44 PM
I live in Los angeles and have owned my truck a short time. I live in the SF valley and commute to the compton area five days a week. when I'm running errands around my place of business I take extra care in keeping a look out when i'm stopped at a light I watch my rearview mirrors for anyone trying to sneek up on me from behind. I always leave enough room between me and the car in front and choose lanes that won't box me in. I have my sig 220 in the truck,an AR 15 in the house and a walther ppk in the office. I realize that it will be very unlikely that I can get to my weapons when the need for them arrises. when some 17 year old crackhead with nothing to lose comes up on you from behind you don't think of anything but seeing your family and how much they would miss you if you get brave and fail. The reason I have the weapons is because it's always better to have and not need then the other way around. My whits and my common sense are my best protection. It's just metal,leather and plastic. Period. NO part of my truck is worth getting shot for. I completly agree with having enough insurance leads to peace of mind. Also a $2.00 switch and a $3.00 relay connected to the fuel pump stops 90% of the crooks out there. Thats my 2.5 cents

You live like 15 min away. Im in the Santa Clarita Valley

EXTadic
03-17-06, 03:26 PM
You live like 15 min away. Im in the Santa Clarita Valley

I'm out in valencia a couple times a week. Nice and warm in the summer. Lots of down to earth folks there.

Synergetic
03-17-06, 04:59 PM
I'm out in valencia a couple times a week. Nice and warm in the summer. Lots of down to earth folks there.

Valencia is a great, new and growing town. I would like to move there, but to commute out to Corona everyday would be a pain!!

jrs05caddyext
03-17-06, 05:09 PM
Valencia is a great, new and growing town. I would like to move there, but to commute out to Corona everyday would be a pain!!

Yes it is. I love it out here. You also have to have some deep pockets if you want to live in Valencia. The drive would suck I you had to drive down to Corona.

jordan00escalade
03-17-06, 06:19 PM
Love the Glocks, I have a model 23 (.40 cal) myself.

That was my first choice.. Until he showed me the Model 21, and once I saw the size difference it hollow tip issue. I went with the larger caliber.

blown black caddy
03-17-06, 10:03 PM
Be real careful. Iím real paranoid of my truck getting jacked again. Every were I go im on the look out especially in the early morning on my way to work. I try to look at my soroundings to make sure no one is watching or following me. I would get all the sensors you can get for your alarm. It gets annoying sometimes when the warn sire keeps on going of for the smallest movements. I have to play around with the sensibility a little more.

I know about that "paranoid" feeling bro! I've ordered replacement rims for my Escalade 24" SAF wheels. Lets see how long I can keep these wheels? They are actually cheaper than my Lowenharts were and a larger wheel. If you guys do have insurance at least do what I did and get an endorsement for your aftermarket equipment. They covered everything. Of course having receipts and pictures helped a bunch! looking into "wheel" alarms also. Problem is most people don't care and wouldn't get involved if our Escalades were being stolen or not! That's where you guys that own weapons can change the outcome sometimes. It's not easy to shoot someone especially when the pressure is on. Just better prove you were in fear of your life and they were trying to "harm" you. Otherwise you are going to jail. The system is ass backwards anyways. Thanks I'm done venting.:rolleyes: Do you still like your Lade as much since it was stolen like mine was awhile back? I'm slowly getting that feeling of liking my truck again! Oh well, gotta keep moving ahead.

jrs05caddyext
03-18-06, 03:10 AM
Do you still like your Lade as much since it was stolen like mine was awhile back? I'm slowly getting that feeling of liking my truck again! Oh well, gotta keep moving ahead.

Well for that reason I got another one since I didnít feel comfortable that it had been stolen.

notinblue
03-19-06, 12:50 PM
I know about that "paranoid" feeling bro! I've ordered replacement rims for my Escalade 24" SAF wheels. Lets see how long I can keep these wheels? They are actually cheaper than my Lowenharts were and a larger wheel. If you guys do have insurance at least do what I did and get an endorsement for your aftermarket equipment. They covered everything. Of course having receipts and pictures helped a bunch! looking into "wheel" alarms also. Problem is most people don't care and wouldn't get involved if our Escalades were being stolen or not! That's where you guys that own weapons can change the outcome sometimes. It's not easy to shoot someone especially when the pressure is on. Just better prove you were in fear of your life and they were trying to "harm" you. Otherwise you are going to jail. The system is ass backwards anyways. Thanks I'm done venting.:rolleyes: Do you still like your Lade as much since it was stolen like mine was awhile back? I'm slowly getting that feeling of liking my truck again! Oh well, gotta keep moving ahead.

This could not be more true, for here in VA and many other states it is unlawful to protect your property with deadly force. I beleive that TX is one of the only states that condone this.:rant2:

jordan00escalade
03-19-06, 03:18 PM
You do however have the right to defend yourself... If your trying to steal my truck out of my drive-way or break into my house, don't try any dumb ish with a 45 acp. pointed at you... cause chances are if the police don't come pick you up, the ambulance will. There is a fine line between defending yourself and overkill.. I wouldn't advise you to go running after someone shooting at them though, that will have you in a bad situation. I've already made police reports about recent events and spoke with some neighbors and to find out they have had incidents as well. I had them file reports with the police as well. (there's a prowler in the area and there has been some activity on my street) I have children and won't hesistate to harm a prowler, burglar or thief if my family is involved. Criminal charges, jail time or not. That's how I feel about it though.

Ext05
04-16-06, 12:06 PM
Yeah I don't know about your states but Utah..... If someone enters your garage or house and you shoot them then its their fault for coming into your home.... Because you know if someone enters your home they are there for a reason and I don't know that reason and I'm not taking the chance..... and coming up in June if someone enters your car and you shoot them its the same as if they were in your home.... I just don't understand why people would risk their lives to steal someone's personal stuff.

Sta11ion
04-16-06, 12:43 PM
On Toronto there was another breack and enter, cops came thou and shoot one of them and killed him. The girlfriend was there and screamed out why you shoot someone for stealing why dont you go after the murders and drug pusher shoot them. But its ok for your piece of shit boyfriend to go into a house put a gun to the son and victims head and tie them up and steal there shit. I hope soon in Canada they change the law because its been happening everyday with these forced entry. Right know you can go to jail for portecting your family what a butch of shit either way my p99 9mm and 22 will have there name on it and make sure you kill them so they dont sue. They brake into your house but you cant protect yourself bullshit. If they kill you the law works for them but they devasted your hole family.