: CTSVETT - Any Bluetooth info. ?

Tim Currie
03-16-06, 03:17 PM
I know you had a meeting set up about a bluetooth kit, just wanted to know if there was any progress on this or if you had word whether or not it was going to happen or not going to happen?

Thanks a lot.

Tim

ctsvett
03-16-06, 05:20 PM
I have confirmed that it will happen, but it is going to take another month or so... Good news, however, is the CTS/CTS-V kit will be the first kit of its kind. However, the longer time is due to making sure it is done "right".... We dont want any issues as we had initially with the ipodkit.

I am bugging them every week about this and I will post as soon as I hear anything.

Reed

SoCadillac
03-16-06, 08:04 PM
Good news, however, is the CTS/CTS-V kit will be the first kit of its kind.
Reed,

What will the qualifications of the CTS and CTS-V be in order for this system to work? Have to have factory XM, etc. Thanks.

P.S. Received my calendar today...super nice, thanks!

ChicagoCTS32
03-16-06, 09:06 PM
How about a cost estimate?

ctsvett
03-16-06, 09:10 PM
cost estimate= I dont know.. If I gave you a number, it would be wrong...

Estimated Compatibility: all CTS/ CTS-Vs (bose and non bose).
All bluetooth phones will be targeted.

Reed

ChicagoCTS32
03-16-06, 09:14 PM
cost estimate= I dont know.. If I gave you a number, it would be wrong...

Estimated Compatibility: all CTS/ CTS-Vs (bose and non bose).
All bluetooth phones will be targeted.

Reed

Fair enough. Just make sure it works right! Quit d!ckin around on here and make that puppy work!

SoCadillac
03-16-06, 09:21 PM
Estimated Compatibility: all CTS/ CTS-Vs (bose and non bose). All bluetooth phones will be targeted.
F'N A dude :thumbsup:

P.S. Word is a Bluetooth iPod is on its way.

BeagleBrains
03-16-06, 09:41 PM
Again! Thanks for your inventive efforts. :thumbsup:
This is high on my wish list. Money waiting upon your success.

ctsvett
03-17-06, 01:23 AM
P.S. Word is a Bluetooth iPod is on its way.

I freakin' HATE Apple... However, kits like this is why i got an Ipod...

Reed

thefly
03-17-06, 10:54 AM
out of curiousity, what makes this kit so much more special then say a parrot or telphone system? i guess i am missing something. beside using the onstar mic and mute stereo (which the telphone can do)

nikon
03-17-06, 10:58 AM
out of curiousity, what makes this kit so much more special then say a parrot or telphone system? i guess i am missing something. beside using the onstar mic and mute stereo (which the telphone can do)

I think it's a plug and play system...dont qoute me on that though.

ctsvett
03-17-06, 12:04 PM
Its a plug and play system that will acutally mute our radio.. NO KIT out there currently (that I know of) will actually mute our radio and intergrate fully into the sound system (think: using onstar mic, using sound system as speakers, etc)

Reed

Tim Currie
03-17-06, 02:28 PM
Reed, one last question if you know the answer...

Are there going to be extra (non-oem/stock) buttons to add to the interior somewhere? I am just curious how we are going to be able to make calls, use voice dial, and generally control things like that without having the buttons already there from the factory.

Thanks for any insight! :)

Tim

ctsvett
03-17-06, 04:09 PM
not sure on this one... Maybe... Or it may use existing buttons.... (wouldnt that be nice...)

Reed

BeagleBrains
03-19-06, 11:40 AM
I freakin' HATE Apple... However, kits like this is why i got an Ipod...

Reed
I have been "hating" APPLE since its' inception. Not as fast as Intel; however, relfiable, nearly no crashes; graphics via APPLE is the standard in the education and publishing industries; no Virus concerns, generally, at least intel implementation of Intel chips. But, I guess this is a moot point. Actually it is great news that convenient access to the highest selling portable music player and cell phone bluetooth access is close at hand.

collapsed
03-20-06, 12:53 PM
so let me get this straight...

what you are working on is bluetooth integration for all cell phones.

will onstar service still be required to use what you are proposing, or will I be able to just use my in-car phone as my cellular phone without needing to purchase the onstar service.

If I still need onstar then I should probably just install a carputer and be able to use my phone that way.

ChicagoCTS32
03-20-06, 01:02 PM
so let me get this straight...

what you are working on is bluetooth integration for all cell phones.

will onstar service still be required to use what you are proposing, or will I be able to just use my in-car phone as my cellular phone without needing to purchase the onstar service.

If I still need onstar then I should probably just install a carputer and be able to use my phone that way.

I probably shouldn't be speaking on behalf of Reed, but I think I have a grasp of the concept. The Bluetooth integration will not need OnStar service to be activated, but will use the mic and speakers already installed in your "OnStar Ready" car.

The OnStar telephone has it's own phone service. This will just be integrated into the car's audio system and use your own cell phone and service. Similar to the Acura TL.

ctsvett
03-20-06, 01:30 PM
Chicago has the right idea...

THe concept woudl be to use the existing onstar mic/ and speaker integration. Onstar service would NOT be required (trust me, thats would kill the idea in my mind).

THe idea is that it will work with any BLUETOOTH cellphone.

Reed

SoCadillac
03-20-06, 01:48 PM

The concept would be to use the existing onstar mic and speaker integration. Onstar service would NOT be required (trust me, thats would kill the idea in my mind).

The idea is that it will work with any BLUETOOTH cellphone.

Reed,

You're killin' me here, as this is what I want. This makes the most logical sense. Screw OnStar. Will we receive a button cover to place over the existing OnStar button? ;)

AmesCTS-V
03-20-06, 02:44 PM
This is essentially turning the OnStar mic and car speakers into a BT headset. Most BG headset's only have 1 button so it's not like the car needs much for buttons. Someone calls press a button to answer. You want to make a call either use the phone or press the same button and use voice dial if your phone supports that.

thefly
03-20-06, 03:02 PM

THe concept woudl be to use the existing onstar mic/ and speaker integration. Onstar service would NOT be required (trust me, thats would kill the idea in my mind).

THe idea is that it will work with any BLUETOOTH cellphone.

Reed

will onstar still work and will it have any priority similar to how the uhltronics device works?

collapsed
03-20-06, 04:22 PM
Reed, you da man... when this is available, you are going to make a killing. Also, let me know where to send the 6pack so I can cheers you.

ctsvett
03-20-06, 04:30 PM
Guys,
Just to clarify, I am not 100% sure that it will work in place of the onstar buttons (that is my hope though). I know it will integrate into the speakers (and mute the radio which is the real key here)...
We are not into the details yet, but I should have more word in the coming weeks.

Reed

ChicagoCTS32
03-20-06, 06:47 PM
WEEKS!? Come on! Step on it! You've got a hundred people that would LOVE to get this mod!

JOEYCTS-V
03-21-06, 07:29 PM
Yea, please keep us updated.

ChicagoCTS32
03-22-06, 04:13 PM
I was at my dealer today and mentioned to the service tech that Reed was working on a bluetooth kit for our cars and he said that GM is supposed to be coming out with something as well. He didn't know anything beyond that, but at least GM has acknowledged the need for a bluetooth integration.

haveboost
03-22-06, 06:22 PM
hopefuly someone comes out with it soon. I don't like my earpiece. Hopefully we are close.

ctsvett
03-22-06, 08:45 PM
dont tell you tech my name.. I will never be able to go to ANY dealer then...

hee hee
Reed

collapsed
04-01-06, 03:03 PM
^^bump^^

anything new???

ctsvett
04-01-06, 09:06 PM
no news yet.. I will ping them this week...

Reed

onemilesmile
05-30-06, 06:44 AM
anything new???

gizmotron
06-07-06, 04:04 PM
still waiting.. what's the word?

ctsvett
06-08-06, 10:31 AM
still a few weeks out... The problem with letting info out early, is everyone expects it to be quick. Radios' is working hard to make this the right solution that works right the first time. better a amazing working solution in a few weeks than something that is not good now.

It will be a few more weeks.

Reed

gizmotron
06-12-06, 03:05 AM
still a few weeks out... The problem with letting info out early, is everyone expects it to be quick. Radios' is working hard to make this the right solution that works right the first time. better a amazing working solution in a few weeks than something that is not good now.

It will be a few more weeks.

Reed

Are you taking preorders? I just want mine as soon as I can. Are you selling the kit, or just a way to add an aftermarket bluetooth kit to the CTS? I have parrot installed, just waiting for an adapter to come on the market.

ctsvett
06-12-06, 11:37 PM
From what I understand the kit wont work with the parrot (sorry)... It is in the prototype phase now... everyone will need to be patient.. Radios and more is working very hard to make this kit work right the first time so there are no issues with updates, etc.

Reed

thefly
06-13-06, 09:30 AM
things are appearing clearer now. basically this kit i just a harness that you will need to plug some bluetooth module into. like the telphone unit correct.

FoxFunding
07-31-06, 01:18 AM
Count me in to buy one.

JonCR96Z
07-31-06, 11:40 PM
I need one bad. Any updates?

collapsed
08-28-06, 01:55 AM
bump...

hows the testing going??

ctsvett
08-28-06, 02:38 AM
testing is going well..

I moved the mic location today.. People were having issues hearing me. unfortunalty, that is due to the Motorla piece to the bluetooth kit and/or my phone.

The radios and more piece is working like a champ is is VERY helpful!

reed

srracer
08-28-06, 10:28 AM
So does that mean it does not use the Onstar mic?

v-ape
08-28-06, 02:03 PM
I think the 08 will be out before we get a headset... this is starting to look like a NASA program...

GOTTSPD
08-28-06, 04:40 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I'm all for getting a good quality product out the door, but this is definitely not been a speedy process. An entire neighborhood was built since we started this...

ctsvett
08-28-06, 11:51 PM
sorry guys.. I just do the testing....

It does not use the onstar mic... It uses an Aux mic... Right now, that is not working so well.. Its the motorola kit, not the onstar interface, but it needs to be fixed anyway.

Reed

thefly
08-29-06, 08:21 AM
since you are using the motorola kit, can it be used with the telphone 4000 kit? if there piece is working great when will expect to see it?