: Windshield Tint

Nasty Black Lac
03-16-06, 01:31 PM
I just got 20% tint all around on my escalade and love it. I asked about tinting the front windshield and they wanted an additional $90.

I remember someone on this forum who had a tint cutting machine... Who wants to sell me a pre-cut piece for the front windshield? Please PM me!

yeloboi
03-16-06, 05:28 PM
IMHO i wouldn't tint the front windshield because the cops WILL ticket you it's called objects in drivers view. You might ask how do i know because i got ticketed for 100 bucks. just my 2...

Nasty Black Lac
03-16-06, 05:37 PM
IMHO i wouldn't tint the front windshield because the cops WILL ticket you it's called objects in drivers view. You might ask how do i know because i got ticketed for 100 bucks. just my 2...

very true my friend, it's already pretty dark with the black paint...

TRASHAULER
03-17-06, 04:57 PM
pre-cut systems dont have the windshield in their program & you would have to heat shrink it so it would be in one piece ---which is difficult if you've never done it!! :thumbsup:

Jeff
www.tintmyride.com (http://www.tintmyride.com)

mikeee
03-17-06, 05:26 PM
I had limo tint on my front windshield in my old ride, of course it was mostly hauled to car shows, but I did drive it in the day every once in a while, boy that was tough!

DLE
03-17-06, 05:35 PM
pre-cut systems dont have the windshield in their program & you would have to heat shrink it so it would be in one piece ---which is difficult if you've never done it!! :thumbsup:

Jeff
www.tintmyride.com (http://www.tintmyride.com)

Yup yup. Its hard as hell to wet/dry shrink in 1 piece, depending on the vehicle of how curve the window is. :thumbsup:

integline
03-18-06, 03:03 AM
very dangerous to drive at night. my windows are about the same as my rear and sometimes i have to roll them down still.

tcorbett
03-18-06, 04:25 PM
Dont know about your areas but cops in Socal suck ive gotten three tickets for tint and blacking out the taillights on my Escalade 2 from the same cop!!! And four on my lexus, it gets damn expensive.

hcvone
03-20-06, 07:20 AM
I have several customers with tinted windshield's, they say driving at night is a problem as the film ages with reflections, and in PA every year you need inspection and new stickers, so that means new film once a year.

Nasty Black Lac
03-20-06, 10:01 AM
I have decided against it - It would be great during the day, but it really would SUCK at night. Thanks for your opinions.