: 06 V, Spectre bushings won't fit

Kadonny
03-16-06, 10:28 AM
I purchased a set of Spectre bushings to have installed in my 06 prior to delivery. So I get a call this morning from the dealer. They have the car apart but found out that the spectres dont fit on the 06 without some major grinding work. They even said they called GM tech line and found out GM did a minor redesign to help eliminate hop and the bushings will not fit.

Guess in part thats why the 06's are not hopping as much.

So, anyone interested in a set of Spectres? Brand new, got them from James on the group purchase. Give em to you for the GP price of $ 225 and I'll pick up shipping.

thefly
03-16-06, 12:33 PM
that sucks cause i was thinking about these lately, as i get hop everytime i have tried to leave off the line aggressively. time to think about bmr kit. while the kars stage 3 looks interesting, install doesn't look fun.

GT04CTS-V
03-16-06, 06:07 PM
I purchased a set of Spectre bushings to have installed in my 06 prior to delivery. So I get a call this morning from the dealer. They have the car apart but found out that the spectres dont fit on the 06 without some major grinding work. They even said they called GM tech line and found out GM did a minor redesign to help eliminate hop and the bushings will not fit.

Guess in part thats why the 06's are not hopping as much.

So, anyone interested in a set of Spectres? Brand new, got them from James on the group purchase. Give em to you for the GP price of $ 225 and I'll pick up shipping.

I'll take em.

GT

DansCTSV
03-16-06, 07:21 PM
I bet they are trying to install them without removing the GM bushings...

lasstss
03-16-06, 07:28 PM
There are 2 large voids in the 04/05 bushings that the Specter tangs fit into. Ill bet the general closed them up partway to cut down on the movement.:hmm:
Too little too late, they should have been made solid rubber.

ctsvflorida
03-16-06, 07:50 PM
Why do all you guys buy bushings when the dealer puts them in for free under warranty? I had the dealer do mine and it eliminated the wheel hop 75% or so. It is actually pretty good now! LMK

StealthV
03-16-06, 07:57 PM
Because the Spectre > GM.

ctsvflorida
03-16-06, 08:21 PM
Because the Spectre > GM.

So why do people pay for them if they are GM?

StealthV
03-16-06, 08:25 PM
The Spectre bushings are a superior design to the GM bushings. Dealers aren't installing Spectre bushings...

ctsvflorida
03-16-06, 08:27 PM
The Spectre bushings are a superior design to the GM bushings. Dealers aren't installing Spectre bushings...

Got it Rick! Do you know who this is?

Lindsay Cadillac
03-16-06, 08:31 PM
The Spectre bushings are a superior design to the GM bushings. Dealers aren't installing Spectre bushings...That's not entirely true... :D

99GTX
03-17-06, 06:47 AM
That's not entirely true... :D

James speaketh the truth! :thumbsup:

The Spectre bushings rock... and so does Lindsay! :highfive:

StealthV
03-17-06, 09:17 AM
Ja, ja...dealers aren't installing the Spectre as part of the TSB for zero cost to the V owner.

Tough crowd.

:cowboy:

Kadonny
03-17-06, 11:40 AM
I'm picking the car up today, so I'll have the bushings then.

Rick has first dibs.

CTSV05
03-17-06, 05:15 PM
The stock bushings do help for awhile...but then they soften up, and lose the effect.