: Head Gasket???????????? PLZ help!!

Rixskg
03-16-06, 01:52 AM
I have a problem, i have a 1997 catera, the car has no power wont hardly start and has cylinder misfires amd also keeps blowing some hose in the front of the car there is like a rubber bridge between 2 pipes leading upto the exahust manifold.. Also the intake plenum has oil all in it and at the bottom of the intake thing... the car also seems to be leaking oil or coolant out the drivers side of the engine like around the bottom of the head. Also little to no Oil pressure, thanks

guardian
03-16-06, 10:04 PM
Look, I don't know what's wrong with your engine, OK. But I take note of the year of the car. You can read my recent post about dead Cats.

I can tell you what I would do in your situation:

Hire a rollback or have the car towed to a Caddy dealer for DIAGNOSIS. Be absolutely sure the Caddy dealer has techs certified to work on Cateras. Not all Caddy dealers do. You HAVE to ASK. You have to.

Once you have an expert diagnosis, you will have to decide either to let them fix the car, fix it yourself, or write it off (again, read my "dead Cat" post).

I wish you well with this dilemma, and I hope you get your Cat back on its feet.

If you find out what the problem is, I hope you will tell everybody here. We are interested and you might well help somebody else.

Good Luck!!

Rixskg
03-16-06, 11:12 PM
Sure thing, thanks