: The result of too much time and too many Legos. Impressive!

Zorb750
03-16-06, 12:34 AM
A friend just sent me this. Very very impressive.

It's a pretty much complete aircraft carrier, very large, with airplanes.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=126969

DopeStar 156
03-16-06, 12:52 AM
I actually wanted to build a 1/4 scale version of my Caddy outta legos. It's really easily done if you got the money. In my local mall there's a Lego store where you can buy the pieces in bulk by shape and color.

Zorb750
03-16-06, 01:23 AM
Well that's an advantage with our cars, yours more than mine. They aren't curvy funky shaped things. Build that Citroen DS out of legos, I dare you.

Katshot
03-16-06, 06:36 AM
Amazing!

terrible one
03-16-06, 07:40 AM
That is awesome! I wonder how many hours it took to finish that thing...

Spyder
03-16-06, 09:24 AM
Send that kid to my house...I've plenty of work around the yard and int he garage to keep him busy!

Jonas McFeely
03-16-06, 02:13 PM
I bet the dude designed it on a computer and had it all worked out before he even started.

Caddy Man
03-16-06, 06:02 PM
what happend to legos?? they were so popula rwhen I was a kid, they had so many sets, entire cities of just legos. Now there are very few sets available and they suck!

Jonas McFeely
03-16-06, 06:10 PM
what happend to legos?? they were so popula rwhen I was a kid, they had so many sets, entire cities of just legos. Now there are very few sets available and they suck!

Kids started eating and choking on the pieces.

Caddy Man
03-16-06, 06:20 PM
Kids started eating and choking on the pieces.
seriously???? thats why they arent very popular anymore?? Well...I do rember when i was 8 years old, I had to fish a small lego piece from my 10 month old sisters mouth after she put it in.

Jonas McFeely
03-16-06, 06:27 PM
I have no idea,but it seems logical.Especially by todays standards.People are alot more uptight these days,especially when it comes to safety and all that.I persoanlly had alot of legos when i was younger,i loved them and never really wanted to put them in my mouth,but times have changed i guess legos are more dangerous than they used to be.Thats the only reason i can see for poor sales.They dont seem any less interesting. This almost makes me want to read up on it...

Zorb750
03-16-06, 07:52 PM
I've read about lawsuits attempted for legos. It's dumb because the parents are idiots. You give a 1 year old that set, he eats it or chokes on it, you're an idiot, not them for making it.

ShadowLvr400
03-16-06, 11:52 PM
Sadly, legos has fallen somewhat like many of the toys we grew up with to these new electronic devices. XBox360 vs Legos... The parents want the legos, the kids want the XBox... Hot Wheels cars are still out, but it seems like their selection has declined too.

DopeStar 156
03-17-06, 01:19 AM
I just remember Legos when they were just a buncha blocks and no instructions. You had to go your own way with them. Me and my cousin built some of the coolest stuff without instructions when we were kids. Legos were our thing.

Zorb750
03-17-06, 02:10 AM
I would pay good money for a BMW e38 750iL in Hotwheels or Matchbox!

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
03-17-06, 02:15 AM
I went into a Lego store near me and I noticed that the kits available today are mostly made up of unique pieces for that particular model. So you can't really make anything different out of it, and that was the whole point. I guess Lego feel that kids wnat something that looks as realistic as possible nowadays.

However...

In the back of the store they have brand new versions of the old kits (like the galleon). The box art is even the same old design. But, they want up to $150 per kit for the big ones!

Florian
03-17-06, 09:13 AM
Lego is actually a town in one of those Scando countries where they are made.

F

Jesda
03-17-06, 09:24 AM
I had this weird habit of building lego RVs. I hate RVs, but for some reason I made a ton of them.

gixxer_751
03-17-06, 09:37 AM
crazzyy

ShadowLvr400
03-17-06, 12:37 PM
I rmember as a young kid, I build hovercraft, offroad vehicles (with independent 4 wheel suspensions) killer robots, and machines with articulationg tails like a scorpion. Yes, I was a nerd.

LittleB
03-17-06, 05:58 PM
Wow that is just amazing!! Thanks for sharing :thumbsup: Man that sure takes patience that I DON'T have :histeric:

OffThaHorseCEO
03-17-06, 06:30 PM
I just remember Legos when they were just a buncha blocks and no instructions. You had to go your own way with them. Me and my cousin built some of the coolest stuff without instructions when we were kids. Legos were our thing.

I went into a Lego store near me and I noticed that the kits available today are mostly made up of unique pieces for that particular model. So you can't really make anything different out of it, and that was the whole point. I guess Lego feel that kids wnat something that looks as realistic as possible nowadays.

thats why they dont sell as well as they used to IMO, i hate these new legos with no freedom, you can try to build somethin other than whats on the box but itll end up lookin like you dont know how to follow instructions

i like this better than the original post for that same reason too

its called the edifice complex (http://www.msgr.ca/msgr-3/edifice_complex%2000.htm)

Zorb750
03-17-06, 07:34 PM
The cathedral is very impressive.

DopeStar 156
03-18-06, 02:22 AM
When I die and go to hell, this is what it'll look like......

http://www.msgr.ca/msgr-3/LegoChurch1.jpg

Night Wolf
03-18-06, 11:41 AM
I had this weird habit of building lego RVs. I hate RVs, but for some reason I made a ton of them.

LOL!

I used to make big Lego motor homes too!

Legos were one of my favorite things... those and k'nex....

danbuc
03-18-06, 02:24 PM
Legos were bad ass. I used to have a whole town built on the floor of my basement, with an Airport, prison, ans resturant I made....not relaly a town, but it was damn big. I also had alot of the Sci-Fi spaceship like kits and stuff. Never got into the priate thing though. I also built an RV too..haha. I had headlight, tailights, working steering and suspension and everything on that. Sadly, it got restroyed in an attempt to build a big 18 Wheeler.

On a side note, all my legos are now gone. My Stepmom's freind works at a school for Autistic children and was looking for toys to keep the kids busy. She was thinking about something like legos, so I donated the three huge bins that comprised my collection to the school. I felt good and bad at the same time. Good that I had donated them, and bad that I would never again get to build another crazy thing outa them. Oh well, easy come...easy go.

brougham
03-18-06, 04:50 PM
thats why they dont sell as well as they used to IMO, i hate these new legos with no freedom, you can try to build somethin other than whats on the box but itll end up lookin like you dont know how to follow instructions

i like this better than the original post for that same reason too

its called the edifice complex (http://www.msgr.ca/msgr-3/edifice_complex%2000.htm)

I saw that before but the one I saw had a lot more pictures and there was a cat in it too.

I still have all my lego. I have the lego suitcase too to put it all in and it's stuffed full.