: Help! Need An Answer and Don't Have a Manual Yet

Chef
03-16-06, 12:24 AM
Tonight, driving home my headlights started to "blink" ---The two front headlights in the middle have these "pop outs" that kept popping in and out while I was driving home?

What gives?

Thanks,
Chef

ctsvett
03-16-06, 01:39 AM
pop outs? you mean the triangles next to the grill (but in the headlight plasic)?

That, my friend is the headlight washers.... that would explain the blinking... I have heard of one other person having this problem... Not sure of the result, but the dealer had to replace either the headlight or a module...

Reed

ewill3rd
03-16-06, 06:17 AM
Those are indeed headlamp washers, define "blink".
Did your windshield washer come on as well?
Did the lights actually go out?

Chef
03-16-06, 11:35 AM
Lights looked as if they were on while driving and then I noticed the washing motion blink back and forth creating a shadow blink ---

AmesCTS-V
03-16-06, 12:14 PM
Does anyone have pics of the headlight washers in action? They kind of seem like an urban legend.

ewill3rd
03-18-06, 08:24 AM
Sounds like the washers are coming on when they are not supposed to.

I have made the washers work. Turn on your headlamps and hit the windshield washer. I don't think they run every time you clean the windshield... hmm... the service manual does indicate that if the lights are on the headlamp washers will run.

wildwhl
03-18-06, 08:29 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/15217-headlamp-washers.html?highlight=headlamp+washer

Post #5 by Clintonmills

ctsvett
03-18-06, 11:21 AM
Thanks wild.. I had been looking EVERYWHERE for that picture.. i knew it existed, but i could not find it..

Reed

Chef
03-18-06, 11:27 AM
Damn, you guys are on it!!

Thanks for the feed:highfive:

Chef