: I hate allergies!!!

Boombotz
03-15-06, 08:48 PM
I can't stand it anymore. My eyes are burning, my throat is soar, sneezing, congestion, and I feel like a sinus infection is starting to come on to boot! The pollen count is through the roof here. We need some rain. There is no rain forecast for at least another week. My allergies have been acting up for 3 weeks now and getting worse by the day. I hate, hate, hate it. OK now that I am done whining to everyone I will just shut up. I feel a little better just getting it off my chest!!!

Stoneage_Caddy
03-15-06, 09:29 PM
everyones is haveing trouble with there allergys ....

im just pissed off becuse i have to wash my car every day ....this is getting old ...and ive been sneezeing a little more then usual

DLE
03-15-06, 09:31 PM
Quit freaking complaining! J/K.

Seriously, you can have all the rain from us if you want! I live in the Northwest in Washington/Oregon and its been raining here for like a couple months straight. Only a couple days of sunshine and thats it.

I am sooo sick of rain, because my Escalade just gets dirty and dirty everytime and doesnt get a chance to 'look' clean.

Thats enough rant for me today. :thumbsup:

LittleB
03-15-06, 09:42 PM
Amen to that...you can have my rain...we got lots :D

I am sorry your allergies are bugging you, are you taking anything? I hear some of that stuff really helps.

I feel you on the soar throat/stuffed up thing because I am just getting over a cold myself.

I hope you feel better soon!

Boombotz
03-15-06, 11:12 PM
I'm taking claritin and it doesn't help much. I think I need to see an allergy doctor and start the injections. It really is that bad!

Rolex
03-15-06, 11:23 PM
I'm taking claritin and it doesn't help much. I think I need to see an allergy doctor and start the injections. It really is that bad!

The good news is the allergy shots will be the best thing that ever happened to you. My seasonal allergies used to be enough to put me completely out of comission for days at a time. Like you I couldn't even manage my allergies with Claritin D or Allegra D. After several weeks of taking the shots I was a new man. I took them 3 times a week for the longest time, then once a week, once every other, once a month....and so forth.

After 3 years of shots the worst I get now is bad nasal congestion that is relieved with Claritin D. I have started wearing those dust masks when I mow the grass or use the leaf blower on the yard. If I omit the mask during those tasks I can still get the runny, itchy eyes, and rhinorrhea.....usually followed by a severe headache and the occasional sinus infection.

Stay with the shots....they'll make your quality of life much better!!!

Zorb750
03-16-06, 03:29 AM
I hate allergies. But as much as it makes me feel like a little kid to admit it, I'm also quite afraid of needles. I'd sooner sneeze than get the shots. I don't care if I have to just sit in my car all day in its filtered air, other than to fill the gas tank... Then again come to think about it there are a couple new full service gas stations now (might be coming back, never know), pay someone to do it and still sit in the car!

Jonas McFeely
03-16-06, 05:18 AM
I dont get sick.I had my tonsils out a little over 2 years ago,more like 3.I have been sick 3 times since then.For real,no lie,i never get sick.I have never had bad alergies..So i dont know what it is like,but for real,those who have chronic sore thoats,you should look into a tonsilectomy,it worked wonders for me...

Brett
03-16-06, 10:33 AM
I'm having the same problem, and am pretty much ready to kill somebody at a moments notice.

PAW 47
03-16-06, 11:36 AM
Oh I know the feeling I'm so sick now..Singular & Allergia 180 are my friends. I've deiced not go to the 12hrs of Sebring. I'm taking my friday off and hiding in bed..

Elvis
03-16-06, 11:40 AM
I'm on Benadryl every night. I sleep like a baby.

For some reason there's a supply problem with Sinus Advil. It's just pseudoephedrine and ibuprofen.

I think a lot of stores just aren't stocking it anymore because it's such a hot item needed to make crystal meth.

DLE
03-16-06, 12:04 PM
I will admit that during summertime, I get bad allergies too. My nose would be stuffed up and my eyes would itch like crazy.

Anyways, Claritan 24hr works for me. Also, use the nasal spray called "Dristan". That nasal spray is amazing. It clears up my nose instantly.

Go buy it and try it out. :thumbsup:

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/detail?prodid=135996

Boombotz
03-16-06, 12:18 PM
I'm having the same problem, and am pretty much ready to kill somebody at a moments notice.

You are so not kidding. It better rain here soon!

Anyways, Claritan 24hr works for me. Also, use the nasal spray called "Dristan". That nasal spray is amazing. It clears up my nose instantly.

Go buy it and try it out. :thumbsup:

I will have to try it, but Claratin 24 is not even denting the effects this time.

I'm on Benadryl every night. I sleep like a baby.

I have used that and it helps, but soon as I go back outside I'm dead in the water.

The good news is the allergy shots will be the best thing that ever happened to you. My seasonal allergies used to be enough to put me completely out of comission for days at a time. Like you I couldn't even manage my allergies with Claritin D or Allegra D. After several weeks of taking the shots I was a new man. I took them 3 times a week for the longest time, then once a week, once every other, once a month....and so forth.

After 3 years of shots the worst I get now is bad nasal congestion that is relieved with Claritin D. I have started wearing those dust masks when I mow the grass or use the leaf blower on the yard. If I omit the mask during those tasks I can still get the runny, itchy eyes, and rhinorrhea.....usually followed by a severe headache and the occasional sinus infection.

Stay with the shots....they'll make your quality of life much better!!!

Thanks so much I needed to hear they work great now it will be trying to get an appointment during allergy season!

JC316
03-16-06, 06:57 PM
I am up allergy shit creek without a paddle. I have HORRIBLE allergies and non of the treatments work. Psdueoefidrine makes me feel worse, Allegra makes me as mean as a rattlesnake, Clartin does diddly, and Zurtec has Lactose, (bad if you are intolerant), in it. I have to rely on nasalcrom and homeopathic remedies.

davesdeville
03-17-06, 07:16 AM
I hate allergies as well. I've only had 4 really bad days this year so far, but still being totally out of comission for 4 days is bad. I have mild to moderate allergies all the time during allergy season at least. No OTC or prescription has done anything for me. Usually if it starts to get bad I go take a shower for an hour or so, which helps for 3-4 hours and then the evil pollen starts accumulating in my hair and clothes and on my skin. If it gets much worse I'm gonna try the shots.

70eldo
03-17-06, 07:50 AM
My girlfriend has her tonsils removed too. She is having the injections since last year and she says the really help. You take 10 injections per year for 3 years and you should be good for life is what I understood.

I started having allergies for tree pollen 3 years ago at 28. Just like my dad (but he has really hay fever). It's not that bad yet. Normally it starts somewhere around March and lasts until May or June. I take the Claritin nasal spray and when I really need it I take some nasal drops to clear my sinusses (like when I play sports).

I would go for the injections too when it gets worse. Over here it's covered by medical insurance!

Elvis
03-17-06, 02:01 PM
There sure are a lot of "hate" threads on this board...

I hate allergies.

I hate Wal Mart.

I hate Best Buy.

I hate Audiovox.

I'm glad Rolex put that "cuddle" thread in here.

:grouphug:

Florian
03-17-06, 04:50 PM
I hate Cuddle parties...they leave me with a rod and a mess. They should call em "cock-tease" parties. They stink!

F