: Car Motorsports floormat issues?

10secvette
03-15-06, 07:13 PM
Anyone have issues with the floormats from the above company concerning premature wear??

dqw1
03-15-06, 08:14 PM
My first set worn out on the drivers side pretty quick and they replaced it free. My replacement also wore out. I would suggest getting a clear cover placed over your mats. That's what I shouldv'e done.

thefly
03-15-06, 08:27 PM
My first set worn out on the drivers side pretty quick and they replaced it free. My replacement also wore out. I would suggest getting a clear cover placed over your mats. That's what I shouldv'e done.

mine is also doing the same on the driver's side and they are 3 months old been on the car for 2k. in their defense haven't called yet. i have ordered the heel guard from autovation as part of the group buy. imo the lloyds will hold up better over time, but his embroidery is far superior.

Anthony Cipriano
03-15-06, 08:33 PM
Mine are wearing about the same as other mats I've used in the past. No more, no less.. I can't complain.

homer403
03-15-06, 08:38 PM
Just as an alternative... I brought my mats from the Cadillac dealer with the color "V" on the side (official "V" product)... besides the fact they look great... no wear issues.

10secvette
03-15-06, 09:30 PM
I've always used Lloyds and never had a problem with wear so fast. Car Motorsports is giving me a refund, Lloyds are ordered. They also said I was the only incident of early wear... I guess not.

arr0gant
03-15-06, 10:34 PM
Mine seem to be wearing fast on drivers side. Had them since just after Xmas. Will clean them, see how they are, and get back to this thread.

CIWS
03-15-06, 10:36 PM
I've had those clear plastic covers over my mats since owning the car from the first week. They are now covering (most) of the CMS mats. The covers are pretty easy/cheap to replace vs almost any fabric based mat and clean easier too. Unfortunately for me I may have to climb into the car with some pretty dirty boots during the work day, plus I wear them pretty bad with the heel of the boots under the accelerator peddle with time. So I've had to come up with something to work around my problem(s) and the covers have worked the best.

zozmanCTS-V
03-01-07, 12:46 AM
Lloyd's are the best. I got the wife's at the Cadillac Collection. Anything else just isn't a mat. :thumbsup:

CanadianTS
03-01-07, 01:06 AM
Ok, got the site...so Loyds are the sh!t then? no US Speed or Car Motorsports...

Slaigher
03-01-07, 03:58 AM
I got the Car Motorsports mats with the clear protect-a-mats. They ended up being too thick - when clutch fully depressed it landed on the mat and it didn`t feel right to me - so I took out the drivers side protect-a-mat.

I`ll wash the drivers side mat when the streets clean up and check for wear.
The other mats will be like new.

NIK
03-01-07, 10:17 AM
mine is also doing the same on the driver's side and they are 3 months old been on the car for 2k. in their defense haven't called yet. i have ordered the heel guard from autovation as part of the group buy. imo the lloyds will hold up better over time, but his embroidery is far superior.

My driver's side mat from Lloyd's wore out in a matter of months, along with its logo starting to peel away - got the Car Motorsports mats about 2 years ago and they both still look brand-new. (Of course, I also ordered a set of clear mats to be used in inclement weather.) That said, the Car Motorsports mats seem to be of better quality, especially logo-wise.