: Door sounds wierd and sticks

liv2wrshp
03-15-06, 06:15 PM
My driver side door sounds really wierd when I open it. It gets stuck and then jerks out 2 or three times. It doesn't sound good. Anyone have a clue what it may be? I know that's a horrible explanation.

Omega_man
03-16-06, 03:56 AM
Hello,

Does it make a cracking noise? UK spec Omegas suffer the same, usually means the door stay open thing is on its way out. A good greasing can give a stay of execution, but replacement means removing the door interior panel, not a hard job incidently.

HTH,

James.

gixxer_751
03-16-06, 01:31 PM
give it some time and it'll give... same thing was happening to mine until i got fed up and continually openned and closed the door until (i think) the inside broke. Now the door open (with no noise) but now it closes and took out my leg a couple of times.

Elo
03-16-06, 04:14 PM
Mine was making a few loud pops when I opened it... After doing a bit of investigating, a bolt was loose, and whenever the door would pop into a position that held it open, the mechanism would pop...

I tightened down the bolt and the pop went away... I then regreased it all up and it's smooth again... :)

-Elo

gixxer_751
03-16-06, 04:45 PM
Mine was making a few loud pops when I opened it... After doing a bit of investigating, a bolt was loose, and whenever the door would pop into a position that held it open, the mechanism would pop...

I tightened down the bolt and the pop went away... I then regreased it all up and it's smooth again... :)

-Elo

:eek: damn, this post would have been very useful bout a month ago..

liv2wrshp
03-16-06, 06:18 PM
Nice. I'll try that. Thanks for all the advice. I love this forum.